1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Today's Game proves Thornton should start over Harden.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Valen, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

...for five games I would be in favor of this! Yes James is still the superstar that we have tied our ropes to. But give him five games to sit back and see how we would function without him. Then he might realize that 33 minutes of high intensity basketball (including defense) would be much more useful to us than 38 minutes of one-sided ball-dominating basketball.

Just keep him off the court and call it DNP-pancreas for whatever it was that he did in LA.

2. jae713

jae713 Member

OP is drunk.

3. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

Please quit letting 10yr old kids post. Thanks

4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

While this is not going to happen nor is it reality, the premise behind such a post is not far from the truth

Without Harden, the sum of the parts becomes greater than the whole. Players play for each other, move off the ball, make cuts, share the ball etc

With Harden the sum of the parts is much less than the whole because Harden is a my ststs first selfish player who plays zero D. His effort or lack thereof rubs off on others. He doesn't want to share the ball and when he does he stays rooted to one position and the offense becomes stagnant and has no option to pass it back to him. Also he gives zero ****s on D and when you see that, why should fellow players bust their ass off for this guy

5. pst257

pst257 Contributing Member

No, last night's game proves that Marcus Thornton should be on the floor with Harden and Howard. That's when Houston is the most hardest to guard, and it really opens up the floor for Howard.

6. SoupTent3

SoupTent3 Member

Harden Comes Off The Bench

I don't think that would be a bad idea. I think he would be more effective that way and would create less turnovers. He came off the bench in Oklahoma, with durant and westbrook. They're better players of course than we have in Houston, but try it. We have nothing to lose at this point. Let's keep the egos off the court and do what's best for the team. You can at least experiment with it. Thornton, I believe is a more consistent scorer, and can also create his own shot. Give it a try and see what happens.

7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Thornton should play at least 25 minutes a game. Next year he won't be here.

8. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

maybe just pair thornton with Dwight more, it does seem to me that these two work well together, Dwight/thornton pick and roll usually results in a thornton jump shot or Dwight dunk, at least eliminates the nasty turnovers, Harden needs to work more on controlling turnovers for sure

9. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

10. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

Let's just admit that we like that Thornton wants to do the pick and roll with Dwight, and does it effectively.

MT played well, what else does he have to do to get minutes....knowing coach he prob won't play meaningful minutes next game

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I want to see more minutes for MThornton

12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

The first game Harden is benched is the day he demands a trade.

13. OpenLayup-Why3?

If Thornton started over Harden - I would watch that game.

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Good call, OP. I'll get Bickerstaff on the phone ASAP.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

We all know the Rockets can't trade him, they'd be lucky to get a bag of peanuts for him...

16. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Last night's game proves MT (and Harrell) deserve MUCH MORE playing time!

This thread really proves that OP's thread starting privileges should be revoked.

17. MD_in_Training

Thornton shouldn't start over Harden.

Harden should straight up be benched until he shows some effort on defense and offense.

18. Juxtaposed Jolt

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Two threads on the same topic...woohoo

20. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

our kobe and shaq! i didnt even read that far. op's right. marcus is underrated on pick and roll and screen whether he has the ball or not. lets get this b**** going.

harden, SIT YO ASS DOWN BOY! keep that seat warm for marcus. you're fat so you should be able to keep two seats warm.