1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Today was the first time I seen Wood look visibly mad at the end of the game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mac_got_this, Mar 21, 2021.

1. bmelo

bmelo Member

Preach thats what i mean

2. bmelo

bmelo Member

Its NBA its supposed to be creme de la creme... no time for growing theres too mamy great coaches. He can grow as assistant all he wants

3. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Will he be demanding a trade soon....?

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Keep him around for what?

So that he continues to think he should be the 1st option? If he wanted out of Indy he sure as hell does not want to be here and would always be hoping for a trade.

Why you wanna pay somebody to be mediocre when he is not bought in?

You want to be a lesser Orlando?

joshuaao, D-rock, bmelo and 2 others like this.
  5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I know what Wall is.
    I know all he will be

I don't know what all Wood can be
    I am willing to take some chances on him.
    IMO - At worse he can be a great 3rd
    (Harden - CP3 - Capela type thing)

KPJ + Cade could be a mini big three for us to grow and see
    That does not happen unless Wall is reigned in

Rocket River

Rockets21, D-rock and joshuaao like this.
  6. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Lesser Orlando? Nahhhh we'll be worse than that. College teams are going to use us for scrimmage practices. Just beat up the Rockets because we're that bad. Thank you Fertitta!!

D-rock, HP3 and jiggyfly like this.
  7. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

You mean that does not happen unless Wall is Traded!

D-rock likes this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

don’t get me wrong, Wood is good, I just view him as a placeholder on this team

he has just 2 more years left on his deal...the Rockets won’t be competitive by the time his deal ends, so he’s likely to leave in free agency unless the Rockets decide to offer him the max and he decides to stay for the money...then u have max contract Christian Wood approaching 30 on a team that’s rebuilding

bmelo, Mr Woods and hakeem94 like this.
  9. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

doesn't matter since Wood probably gonna be traded next season with how in love our FO is with smoll bolls

KPJ isn't the answer either unless we don't get our pick. Then we'll have to be desperate.

Stone probably has planned to rebuild the team from scratch via lottery the next 2 years.

10. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

I really do think it is time to start looking into a Wall buyout or including a 1st or 2 with him to ship him out. He is perfect for helping us get that worst record but he is terrible for KPJ, Wood and Tate's development. Imagine if we got Cade, you think he's gonna mentor him?

D-rock likes this.
  11. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I am happy Wall and Olidipo are being the best tank commanders they can possibly be, but id be ok with winning a few games if it meant they were not playing them and instead let the young guys get more experience.

If Wood hadn’t gone down or if this team had been able to sustain average play in his absence and hang around playoff contention I think players attitudes would be better and guys wouldn’t be as selfish. But at this point they are really all playing for themselves.

Dipo needs to be moved ASAP. Even if not for max value. And if Wall can be moved that would be amazing.

D-rock likes this.
  12. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

13. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Tank commanders lol.

bmelo likes this.
  14. bmelo

bmelo Member

Wood is finished product, what he can do better? He suddenly gon bulk up like 17->21yo Giannis? If he does that rapidly at his age it will only produce injuries. He can get better at defensive positioning and passing vision but what you see right now is about what you will have from Christian and while its very good NBA starter thats not your franchise guy. Anybody from next top5 draft has potential to be franchise player starting with Cade who is just built to be next eras top basketball player

15. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Are you being serious Sep? That's $44.3 million next season and $47.4 million the next season buy out. That won't come cheap.

Miami was inquiring; but they probably came to us asking, "How many 1st rounders will you give us to take him off your hands?"

joshuaao, B-Bob and snowconeman22 like this.
  16. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

we need to play wood with KPJ and tate if we actually want to win . Gordon and brown added to that lineup would be our best, but gordon is out. For the time being ? Oladipo ( if he doesnt dominate the ball ) ? KMJ ? ( too raw prolly)

Oh maybe house. Problem is that neither Tate nor KPJ are well honed at this point , And KPJ is raw on defense too .

D-rock likes this.
  17. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

LOL, yes. The 25 year old who has radically improved his game in the last year is a “finished product.” Absolute nonsense.

luckyman76, D-rock and Rockets4Life13 like this.
  18. bmelo

bmelo Member

He didnt radically improve **** he was just given the ball in Detroit shithouse and proved himself. He was doing all that **** in gleague already. He is finished product at 25 he wont magicaly turn into Hakeem now bro come on, matter of fact with his playing style i doubt he can be as good as right now at his 30. Hes a lanky dude playing very dynamicaly against bigger boys and with those stick legs injury will always hang in the air. He just came from 2 months of injuried ankle... thats not bad luck thats what comes with his playing type. Hes a great player but not a franchise guy. He would be great 3rd option for LeBron and Ad but he will never be at their level. And we need one of those guys and basicaly the only way to obtain them is draft

19. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Kid is going to leave. This is an embarrassing franchise with this owner.

20. TimDuncanDonaut

He said he didn't mind; which I didn't read as advocating not trading Dipo, more as in a sophie choice of keeping one (wall or dipo). He rather keep Dipo. Dipo's offense is spotty, but I wouldn't call him selfish. In recent games with Wall, Wall appears to be just that.