1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

To whom do we owe the pleasure?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Feb 22, 2016.

1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Post not to know for whom the Rockets toll, they toll for thee, clutchfan member.

2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

But....Steve Patterson is so much better and guarantees a championship. Lol

3. CertifiedTroll

I blame the guy in the hat with all the flair.

4. Play07

Play07 Member

Yep that's what the morey EXCUSE people do.

Rewind to who let lin go on a dirt cheap contract the first time ? Who let Shaun Livingston walk for Scott macado ?

5. CertifiedTroll

To answer your question no one. Scott Macado has never been a part of the Rockets organization.

6. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

#46 Rockets2K, Feb 23, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

[​IMG]

8. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Make the Rockets great again

9. Nimo

Nimo Member

LOL I could just replace Morey with Rick Smith and Les Alexander with Bob McNair in your post.

I don't think Morey is a bad GM. He is just not the genius people seem to think he is. Just as Rick Smith isn't the idiot people seem to think he is.

10. Fantasma Negro

Nobody was spouting this **** last year. The only thing this team needs is more time to play together and longer road trips so they are forced to interact with one another constantly. Dwight needs to re-sign and maybe add more bench talent but if you told me when Yao got hurt that we'd eventually get Dwight Howard, Ty Lawson, Josh Smith, Jason Terry (albeit on his last legs) and James Harden on this team, my only issue would be chemistry and look what we have here. Daryl is a bit of an over-tinkerer but this isn't his or Les mess. The ingredients are all prime, the players have to make the meal but its up to management to keep them together long enough for them to bond. The spurs change out bench players at an almost alarming rate but what they do that keeps them winning is maintain their core. That's what we have to do, keep our core intact and let them build chemistry so that they play for each other.

11. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

You criticize everything. :rolleyes:

12. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

the thing is he isn't a bad owner either... terrible owners don't achieve something like 22 winning seasons in 25 years. and no one can deny that les is willing to make the big move - his history is littered with huge FA signings, trades, etc.

but it's clear that it isn't just about winning for him - it's about winning with huge profit margins. hence the no tanking, the ridiculous jeremy lin experiment, holding onto yao for far too long, etc. i haven't for one second doubted morey - he is unquestionably one of the savviest gm's in the league and the people who question his capabilities are blinded by irrationality.

13. thething

thething Contributing Member

That picture makes me angry.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

:confused:

Plenty of people on this board hate Les.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They probably dislike him as an owner.

The guy's laugh is hilarious and he is a philantropist.

He isn't a bad guy, but maybe not the best owner.

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, "hate" might be a strong word. But a lot of people here criticize Les Alexander as an owner.

17. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

This is fair. I wouldn't say Les is terrible, either. But I'd say he's a bit disingenuous about his ultimate priorities for the team. And I think he definitely hamstrings Morey a lot.

I'm not a Les fan, but I suppose there are worse owners we could be stuck with. Les didn't prevent us from a WCF run last year. But at the same time, his 20-year record speaks for itself.

How happy you are with Les as an owner probably has everything to do with how happy you are with the last 20 years.

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Les is fair game just like Morey.

Toyota Center is an extremely corporate arena, anyone who's been there will notice that. And what they are charging for food, parking and tickets, we deserve a better product.

19. treyk3

treyk3 Member

The fact that the videos of him laughing in a broadcast have been erased off the internet says everything.

20. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

I got a spectacular take but i'm going to have to let this thread warm up some more. I'll check back later.