1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

To Trade or Not Trade Terrence Jones

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tbw914, Dec 8, 2015.

?

Should the Rockets trade Terrence Jones?

1. YES

58 vote(s)
    84.1%
  2. NO

11 vote(s)
    15.9%
  1. Rio Rocket

Rio Rocket Member

i would be happy if the clippers sent josh smith or the raptors sent luis scola

2. omgTHEpotential

On a weaker team, he's a starting caliber player.

3. Rio Rocket

Rio Rocket Member

weaker teams usually have a long term perspective and dont have interest in a 1 year rental

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He could become a good player eventually, that's what is so frustrating about him. That said, it's his last year here, if you can get something decent for him, do it. Something is better than nothing.

5. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

with harrell, capella, and ariza we dont need a conventional backup 4. and with jones new 3pt shot, his trade value is only better. him, brewer, and a filler piece should be able to get us somethign good. this team has too much depth and still has needs so they shold trade some of that depth

6. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I was a big fan of TJ, but his issues are becoming more apparent

I don't know how much influence the injuries had on his progress, but he's been on a downhill since last season.

Even tho he has been shooting better from the three point line, I cringe when I see him pull back to shoot the three. He can't hit a layup for the life of me and sometimes he gets really clumsy under the basket.

I don't think he should be shooting the three at all. He should stay 4-8 feet from the basket and be as aggressive as he can be going towards the basket. Which is also kinda worrisome because his midrange shot is terrible

Trade him and let another team take a shot at him...

7. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

I said no to the question and here are my reasons why. Last year in the LA Clipper games 6 comeback TJones was the guy that kept us in striking distance when it all seemed to be falling apart in the 3rd quarter. Then the rest of the team showed up in the 4th quarter ready to ball. You saw it the other night as well against Sacremento when the kid had a huge 3rd quarter for us. Now granted I would love to see that more often and there are inconsistency issues but that is normal with most young players. I would not trade him until I see what D-MO looks like coming off of back surgery. Mchale is not here to help D-Mo get back that footwork we saw last year. I think Mchale helped D-Mo more so than any of our bigs.

Getting back to TJones, I'm not totally against it but it would have to be for the right deal. I don't see Markief Morris being the right piece. Talk to me about Taj Gibson or Noah and then we can talk, but I'm not on the give up TJones for a bag of chips bandwagon.

8. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

and another thing, being a backup caliber pf forced to play starter minutes in the pf heavy west, he's averaged an efficient 11-12ppg and 5-6 rpg with some blocks. those are good numbers for a backup. and he's young and athletic adn can only get better now that he has a 3pt shot. so he's the exact opposite of ab ad trading piece. pple are so down on jones here are too focused on his shortcomings as a starter when he's not supposed to be one in the first place.

i dont mind keeping him as a backup for the next 3 years but i dunno how much he'll ask for and we already got enough depth to cover the backup 4

9. malakas

malakas Member

He should be traded absolutely. There is cap rise , a lot of money next summer in the market and we won't win a championship this year. Trade him even if the return is a little less than his worth because you will lose him for nothing and teams who lose players for nothing are stupid.

10. basketballholic

Bingo!

And welcome to 2 years ago.

Terrence's trade value now is as an expiring contract/throw-in on a bigger trade. The player we can get for him straight up just won't be worth much and we'd be lucky to find a team to give us a bottom half second rounder for him.

11. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Probably against trading him . Definitely against trading him until when/if Dmo gets back to full strength . He probably doesn't have that much value as an expiring contract . We are trying to compete this year . Unless he is a throw in for a package we probably won't be able to get a better backup PF and least not one as versatile as Terrence . His play recently is encouraging because he is doing things that will make him an ideal player off the bench by getting hustle points and rebounds . Maybe he has matured maybe not . Either way I don't think we can get more for him than what he is worth for us this season . Sure we may be able to get more value in the future but we need to keep him until we are certain of what we are doing for the PF spot .