1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

To those who say Yao is soft

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rfila, Apr 29, 2007.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

The difference is that the Jazz were going TOWARDS the basket and forcing the refs to call it, while the Rockets were settling for jumpers.

Refs are ALWAYS going to reward the aggressive team.

The Rockets could drive too......look at V-Span and Snyder that is what they do.

Tmac, Luther, Alston, Battier.....too many perimeter players.....players that settle.....we need bulldogs out there.

DD

2. chiorsung

chiorsung Member

Hell no, you forgot that Jassholes got all those BS loose ball fouls. Okur basically hacked hacked hacked, then flopped, drew a charge from yao. Collins flopped , drew another charge from yao. Boozer fouled yao on his layup in the 1st quarter, no call. Fisher & gireck hand check Tmac all night, no call.
    As I said, refs set the tone for the game. Still we cannot blame our loss on the refs. Yao should have dunked a few more times to force the call, (only a few inchs away from the rim, you'd better dunk that ****ing ball!!!). Tmac should have been more aggressive, not like a sissy walking on the court.

3. Rock_Johnson

Rock_Johnson Rookie

yao tmac vspan gay battier. novak, hayes, alston, head on the bench, we are champion.

4. Rock_Johnson

Rock_Johnson Rookie

vspan wll get 20 minutes on count in game 5

5. exiaol

exiaol Contributing Member

Agree. Heck, I agree with all your points on this thread. Don’t know if Yao is afraid to be labeled as a dirty player or he is afraid to end someone’s career. But since Yao will get the offensive foul called on him anyway, just get your elbow up and hit Okur on the face. Just for once, please! After you lose series, nobody will remember how nice you were.
    Just saw this little earlier, Shaq hit Ben one the mouth, Ben was lying on the floor checking his teeth. LOL.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Yes, Yao needs to use his size to intimidate his opponents, right now he has their respect, but not their fear.

DD

7. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

My teachers used to use daily affirmations in the beginning of every morning in high school. Maybe Yao should do that for an hour before every game.

Nothing too much, something simple like:

"YOU CAN'T F***ING STOP ME!" over and over again for an hour.

Then before the game he can punch Vspan's face. That beard will probably cut Yao's hand and maybe the sight of blood with rev him up. Don't worry Vspan will be fine, he's a warrior.

8. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

He's not soft, just not adapting to how the series is going.

1. Use your hook shots. Those are pretty much money in the bank and Okur has no chance of stopping it unlike your...

2. Jumpshots. Those slow turn around jumpers aren't working. Okur sniffs those out and gets into your head. Also, what's with all the fading during the shot? You never did that before so why now?

3. Use Battier's hand-right-in-front-of-your-effin-face defensive strategy. For some reason, Boozer is in love with his jumpshot and hasn't put his big body to use by taking the ball to the hoop. If you don't want to risk a pump fake, at least stretch your arm out farther to block his vision.

9. YaoFanatic

YaoFanatic Member

Yao needs to learn to play like the Jazz. They are physical, and do whatever it takes to impose their will. This means they will rough people up with whatever they can get away with, ie leave it up to the refs to determine just how much they can get away with. This can be witnessed with all the 'incidental' after the shot contact such as Harpring does and AK and Okur on Yao on almost every shot. Refs usually don't call that, but I'm sure it affects Yao and also TMac. Just imagine someone punching you in the ribs with a jab if they could get away with it, sure you wouldn't notice it much on that play, but by the end of the game you would be aching all over.
    Because the refs are not calling many of these fouls, the Jazz have the upper hand when they do these things. I did see one play which would be a good retribution, where Yao set the hard screen on Fisher(no foul was called of course). Fight fire with fire! They try to foul/injure/demoralize you, you do the same to them!! :mad:

10. windandsea

windandsea Contributing Member

Give me a break. I watched that reply about 10 times and he was not ONE INCH AWAY FROM THE RIME, AND THERE WERE TWO JAZZ PALYERS BETWEEM YAO AND THE BASKET.

http://flypicture.com/files/MTkwOTI3

11. tsunami

tsunami Member

Why should I give you a break? If you want a break, go to take it yourself. I will not give you a break. If you already watched 10 times, please watch it the 11th times and figure it out.

12. AXG

AXG Member

Yao is 7'6", 300+ pounds and he is getting stripped or blocked on about half of his touches. The guy needs to get mean and slam it on those guys. Look at Shaq when he was younger. Nobody was physically strong enough to stop him, except foul him. Nobody should be able to stop Yao because of his height and power, and Yao can actually make his FTs. Yao hasn't improved much since his 2nd or 3rd season. He is scoring more, but he still does those stupid mistakes which is separating him from all the other dominant centers of all time.

13. thiuronium

thiuronium Member

No, if the Rockets had done what you suggested them to do, all five starters would have been fouled out in minutes. :mad: :mad:

14. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Yao doesn't have a mean streak in him, but I don't think he is soft. The guy is just slow, and that makes you look soft.

Has anyone tried to dunk without bringing the ball down? It's hard than you imaged! If he don't bring the ball down, he can not get the pop to dunk; if he does bring the ball down under the basket, the ball will be stripped most of the time.

The reason Yao got blocked a lot is he is a lot slower than other players. It takes time for him to bend his keen to gather himself before he goes up.

My problem with Yao is that he couldn't get deep post position. Most time when he got the ball, he was pushed away from the paint, which is not as effective.

15. thiuronium

thiuronium Member

I admit that Yao has to try at least one hard flagrant foul on the Jazz to change someting.

16. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

I think Yao actually practices for those situations because all he does is practice his shots from about 20 ft. That and fade aways.

17. rv2843

rv2843 Member

Yao is not soft, however, his play is soft. At point blank, he normally wouldn't dunk, instead layup. He could have made a few more shoots this serial if he have done so.

18. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

then he's not very dominant is he? just a really good player. dude was single covered yesterday basically. and he couldn't dominate.

at least tmac was doubled and the defense was more focused on him and he had an excuse, but a stupid and lame excuse for him nonetheless. but i dont even believe in tmac anymore.

but yao's play just shows him he is not even CLOSE to being a dominant player. the center position just sucks.

19. icewill36

icewill36 Member

yao not dunking more is more of a limitation in his athletically ability IMO. he is not a quick jumper like shaq and he cant get very high. this allows guys alot shorter than him to sometimes block his shot because its really to get it on the way up on yao. it doesnt mean the guy is soft, he tries his best.

20. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

forget that, what about getting stripped on single coverage repeatedly. what about not getting rebounds and blocking his own man (milsap last night) out.

so if that means he tries his best, then stop saying he's one of the greats. he's just the best at the watered-down center position.