1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

To the Org: You're a clown show. Deal with it.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Jan 16, 2023.

1. PatBev

PatBev Member

Clutchfans has turned into a clown show

How many of those competitive games would we have won with a vet point guard like Schroeder or Augustine or anyone besides Nix

Stone knew what he was doing not signing a vet point on the bench and giving us Nix

Corrosion and RocketsDraftTV like this.
  2. bmelo

bmelo Member

It just seems like someone mistook real basketball with 2k franchise mode. It never ends well in any sport i follow. There is no shortcuts in life and sooner they understand it the better. Life will never grant you for purposely loosing. When you have advantage in football and play for the score-99% other team will equalise. Its same situation

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.
  3. bmelo

bmelo Member

We actually had schroeder, were worst in the league, hoped for the 1st pick and got 3rd one just a year ago. See the pattern?

4. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

upload_2023-1-16_13-50-14.jpeg

Ancient Moabite and Plowman like this.
  5. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Clowns are getting a bad rap here. Do you know how much planning and organization it takes to get 20 clowns in one car? I'll tell you. It takes a lot more planning and organization than we are seeing out of the Houston Rockets right now.

6. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

Another part of the problem are the oblivious, nonchalant fans blindly believing in this rebuild.

— We’re tanking, what did you expect?”
    — This is what rebuilding is, you don’t have the stomach for it”
    — Tilman/Stone want to tank, it was always part of the 3 year plan”

7 first round draft picks, zero franchise players. Little to no improvement. 86% chance we don’t land Wemby. Cap space during a weak free agent pool. Last draft before OKC debt. Ya’ll are in for a rough wake up call, thinking a flip will just be switched next season.

The smart, rational fans are bringing up concerns because not all rebuilds are the same. We realize how important the intangible aspects of rebuilding are: culture, structure, development, and having solid management in the front office. This is what separates the Kings, Pistons, and Magic from what the Warriors, Grizzlies, Suns, and Celtics have built in their rebuilds.

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Sengun can be that franchise player. Build around him.

cml750 likes this.
  8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I’m worried about giving this front office license to make trades or spend our cap space. They’ve proven they can scout talent but they’ve also proven they have poor judgment. Clutch is right that if Tilly is smart, he’ll hire some outside eyes to evaluate what they’ve done over the last couple years before letting Stone continue to make these next critical decisions for the franchise.

9. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

I love Sengun, but until he shows massive improvement defensively, he’ll never be a franchise player.

Carpe82 likes this.
  10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Yes, that attempted Oladipo extension and the Theis signing, and of course the KPJ deal...these are all wtf moments by someone who appears to be content to be on the mediocrity treadmill.

11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Things could be worse the org could be mimes ... hmmm on second thought! :D:D:D

burlesk likes this.
  12. MystikArkitect

This. OKC could've approached it the same way and decided to try and win. We're pinning our hopes on a 14% chance of landing a player that has a 3-5% chance of becoming a top 7 player in the league. There's no guarantees with Wemby or Scoot. Theyre likelier to be Bol Bol and Brandon Jennings instead of 7-3 Durant (lol this is not happening) or higher efficiency Westbrook.

Even the Astros who landed two #1 picks have let those guys go to pay two players they got for *nothing* (Alvarez and Altuve).

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you said you agreed with all 10, I'd know you were lying.

There are definitely different opinions, and this is by no means meant to be absolute...but rather that tanking can't be the only part of rebuilding and a lot of other things need to be done right...and that's not happening.

cml750 likes this.
  14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

As I said....some good!

DD

15. bmelo

bmelo Member

You can say that about any of our players. Even pringels could hide Harden on defense

cml750 and hakeem94 like this.
  16. Salvy

Salvy Member

The Rockets have done a good job drafting and developing talent. As a team they are poorly run and the coaching is very questionable. Individually our top 3 players are very good for their ages. KPJ, Green and Jabari are all very unique and talented players that could greatly help other organizations in better positions to take advantage of their strengths. Rockets are still looking for a legit franchise player, they already have a 6th man in Sengun but getting Wemby should still be the number 1 priority.

17. bmelo

bmelo Member

I guess a lie said a thoussnd times becomes true. What exactly did Rockets develop? I feel like they underdevelop guys

cml750 likes this.
  18. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Great post. Agree with all of it.

cml750 and conquistador#11 like this.
  19. Salvy

Salvy Member

Did you even watch KPJ or Green in their first seasons? The Green Corey Brewer comparisons weren't so crazy once upon a time. Green has come a long way and is one of the most athletic and fascinating young stars in the league. Yeah, he is inconsistent in his 2nd year but what 2nd year player isn't? Same can be said with KPJ. Jabari also started out as "bust" and is just now having big scoring nights.

Like what did you expect? Green scoring 30ppg and carrying Rockets to a title in his 2nd year...

conquistador#11 likes this.
  20. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Great points great post the majority are things I have beeen saying for a year. The only thing I wouldnt I would disagree with is getting rid of JC. Atleast see what he looks like under a different coach. I think his issues are Silas related.