1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

To the "its just 1 loss" crowd

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dmo for 3mo, May 5, 2015.

1. MattM

MattM Member

I'm with you. Yeah - bad effort but it was over.

Tbh, I was watching the game on a 30 min delay and I was fine with throwing in the towel and FF'ing through when there was 2 mins left.

2. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

really sad.

pretty much a joke of a board here.

harden goes from best player to piece of trash in 24 hours.

board makes fun of no heart and yet all of you are ready to run for the hills have no heart yourselves.

look at yourselves and stop being such a baby.

2 people like this.
  3. 13 in 33

13 in 33 Member

The mask of Captain Jackass!! This is our good luck charm

4. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Last night was pretty much the worst that could have transpired and I was frankly not surprised. One of those "hate it when you're right" moments.

Blown opportunity for sure. The only good thing is it was game 1.

I believe this squad is good enough to win it all this year. But that is all theoretical at this point. Rockets have a lot to prove and Harden especially.

Shots for Ariza and to an extent Terry have not been falling dating back to the first couple of games against the Mavs. That's a bit of a concern and as a fan all you can do is hope they get out of that slump each successive game.

The one thing the Rockets can control is defensive focus and intensity. There is no excuse for not showing up any night on that side of the ball.

5. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

the worst is to lose and go home.

you said it yourself... so abandon all hope huh? when biggest issue was unforced turnovers.

yeah and most of that was unforced turnovers. they took them lightly but dont mind me Im just the guy that invented the term 'human nature' sure its tough yet rockets have historically always played down to competition and live on the edge. Where you been?

The more impressive thing to me is everyone jumping ship so fast. nice fans. nice heart. nice boost you guys are giving them. awesome.

6. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

When did I abandon hope? I said "believe" in the present tense.

And now that you mentioned it, I do recall many if not most of the defensive lapses were due to the compromised positions they were in due to the unforced turnovers leading to transition.

And it is perfectly fine and well within the "human nature" element for a fan to be disappointed in a let down performance as last night. That doesn't automatically assume a fan like myself is "jumping ship or abandoning the team"

7. Rokman

Rokman Member

Ouch... That being said, there's game 2. I'm a Rockets fan and we're in the second round! I'm not having a pity party yet. Where's my game 2 people??!! I want to see some Red Blooded Rockets, NOW!!

8. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

And let me ask you, what do you attribute the unforced turnovers last night to? Rockets had a ton of turnovers in game 5 as well, so the "rust" card doesn't really hold up.

9. dianelo

dianelo Member

Just one loss of the most important game in 20 years.

10. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Damn, my eyes hurt right now after watching this ... :confused:

11. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

This. Yall needa chill the eff out and go live your life.

12. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

You know who else lost Game 1 on home court and had a terrible game 1?

Lebron and the Cavs.

13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Yeah, but LeBron and the Cavs were without Love and Smith. If the Rockets had been the ones missing key players(aside from the already priced in D-Mo and Bev of course), then we could sit here and make excuses. But it was the exact opposite with the Clippers missing Paul.

14. Dmo for 3mo

Dmo for 3mo Member

but they didn't quit..and rose played..and love didn't..but you know apples to apples otherwise

15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This.. Repped.

Seriously what is the point of just declaring the Rockets season over when you are so certain they aren't going to win the championship. Only one team a year wins the championship, that is why they call it the "championship". The odds are stacked against every team.

Let's just take this one game at a time and worry about what happens after the season is over.

16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Of course because we know that one thing that hipsters love to do is be positive about sports.

17. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Horrible effort combined with long layoff. Just disappointing to not see them take advantage of CP3 being out. But we are CLUTCH CITY and have to do things the HARDEN way!!!

Got em right where we want them, everyone doubting us!!

18. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

BUT LEBRON. Come on man. If they lose tonight then its time to worry and go full on Harden/Rocket hate. I won't because I remember how much it sucked picking who I would root for in the playoffs for those 3 years of mediocrity.

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

DON"T LOOK NOW!!! GOLDEN STATE JUST LOST THE CHAMPIONSHIP TOO!!!!!

Rocket River

20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I guess since all the teams left have lost a game, they should just melt the trophy down to make one for next season.