1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

To the "its just 1 loss" crowd

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dmo for 3mo, May 5, 2015.

1. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Allright then. Fair enough. We better win tomorrow and steal one in LA. Just know it will take a Herculean effort.

2. Asian Sensation

You can't be serious. You've been around way too long to NOT knee jerk. Last nights performance was not indicative of past or future performances overall. It was an anomaly a bad one at that but that's exactly what it was. We're gonna be fine.

1 person likes this.
  3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I normally don't, well, at least not the next day. I hope you're right, but that was a truly embarrassing performance last night.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

People acting like the Clips are invincible at home
    They already lost there . . ..twice i think

Rocket River

1 person likes this.
  5. Dmo for 3mo

Dmo for 3mo Member

Thank you mathematicians. Yes this is technically one game, but that isn't the point.This team showed why they aren't going anywhere this season. They aren't going to all of the sudden become mentally tough over night. They showed their true colors last night. Sure they might win a few games and maybe even the series if Paul can't get right, but this team will get smoked by GS. Just wait for the first couple big plays to happen in GS and the crowd gets rocking. This team will crumble.

6. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

The sky is falling...the sky is falling!

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Just remember: Clutch City happened after Choke City.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Didn't it take one year or so and not just a couple of days to find the mentality and toughness back?

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Well . . .

[​IMG]
    Cause I'm a Rocket Fan
    but the question is . . .
    [​IMG]

Rocket River

1 person likes this.
  10. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Hats off to Dwight, the only one who showed up and the only one who was furious at the display.

11. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

equally pathetic as the bucks 50+ pts loss. not saying they cant win the series, but you will never see this from contenders. pple saying its just one loss and cant see how terrible rockets were are blind

12. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

It wasn't even that we lost but rather how we lost that annoys us fans.

People love to act high and mighty by criticising anyone who has a bad word about the team. It's almost like the hipster thing to do.

13. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

yeah im sick of hte high and mighty crap. you can still criticize your team there's nothing wrong with that. what you dont do ignore everything bad about your team and be happy. its like they dont even acknowledge what just happened and just say "well its a 7 game series so you're stupid". its common sense ffs

14. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

To be fair though, it's just 1 loss.

15. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

Its just losing to them without Paul. If he played they wouldve won by 30.

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

lol, yup.

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Last night the Rockets couldn't have beaten an NCAA team with that kind of body language.

18. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

The way I saw the game and I don´t care if you agree.
    I will be cheering like hell for my team tomorrow. AGAIN.

1) Overconfidence.
    I do think the team was getting too cocky / confortable for shots falling everytime. They felt like they could end it whenever they wanted.
    Like what happened with Dallas and most of the Season.

But when that time came, the shots didnt fall.

2) We were afraid of the inside game and played like a shooting team.
    What happened on the series with Dallas? If the shots wouldn´t fall, we would crush their paint / dominate boards.

Now, the team was AFRAID to shoot in the paint (all those ridiculous missed lay-ins) and all because of a couple of early blocks from DeAndre.

And guess what: shooting teams doesn´t always get their shots to fall.

3) Emotions thoughout the game:
    I noticed a set of mixed emotions in there.
    a) frustration with themselves and
    b) with the teamates

You can see the frustration at each turnover.
    At each FT missed.
    At each 3pt jacked.

Guys, thats not the our team and you know it.

You might say: "Oh, but the Clips was also terrible at turnovers".
    YES, I AGREE. And they were also frustrated.
    The difference? Big shots fell for them, at the same time we went ice cold and sloppier. The crowd felt it and went silent.

4) They quit later
    I also see the the quitting as the overconfidence on: "ok, we lost this one because none of us can do **** tonight, but I think I can beat you in the upcoming games"

If there is one thing I like on coach McHale (plus supporting cast which includes Hakeem) is chemistry and motivation.
    They will see all what went wrong and motivate the players the right way.

That "massive frustration" we saw would happen anytime soon. I am glad it happened early on the series, where we have plenty of time to adjust and grow mentally.

Don´t ever underestimate the Heart of a Champion. In CluchCity I believe!

Go Rockets!

19. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

It was the same series against the Suns in 1994.

The difference is the whole team looked mad and disgusted after Choke City.

The modern Rockets are like 'whatevs.'

20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The way they lost that one game wasn't good at all. It could also be troubling.

But the way this team has won over the course of a whole season also holds some weight.

This is a team that started out hot, and then lost it's starting forward. Then they also lost their second best player, eventually they also lost their 2nd string staring PF, and their PG. Despite all of that, this team fought back, showed heart, guts, and determination. They put together one hell of winning record. These are the same players that didn't quit when the season handed them bad break after bad break, and gave them all the excuses they could have asked for to just phone it in.

This team earned at least enough faith over the course of the season to still believe they have a chance.

That doesn't mean that anyone should be okay with losing game one. It doesn't mean that it doesn't matter. But it doesn't mean that they deserve to be swept or that they don't stand a chance.

So yeah, I'll be a little down on those that toss away a season's worth of built up faith and abandon everything after one loss to a team that just came through a war and learning experience in the first round playing a tough 7 game series against the defending champs. I just don't think it's fair to the team of which I'm a fan.