1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

To start Lowry or Brooks, that's a question?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bearrider, Dec 23, 2010.

1. solid

solid Contributing Member

Not now, but Brooks will be the starter when he is back in game shape. Lowry will still play big minutes. He simply does not have the offensive game that AB does.

2. rockets247

rockets247 Rookie

Lineup of: Scola at Center, Love at PF, Battier at SF, Martin at SG and Brooks at PG makes the playoffs DEFINITELY THIS SEASON.

In addition you would have: Courtney Lee, Ish Smith, Ricky Rubio, Terrence Williams, Chuck Hayes, Brad Miller, Chase Budinger & Jordan Hill off the bench.

3. PeppermintCandy

Wrong thread and not to burst your bubble, but Minny would not trade Love for Brooks and Patterson. I don't even think they'd trade Rubio alone for Brooks and Patterson.

4. rockets247

rockets247 Rookie

it is just an idea. Minnesota said to their fans that they wouldn't be in the postseason, contending wise, for four seasons.

5. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Actually Artest had a very poor play off series that year.

6. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Why? Didn't you say the starting unit looked better now than it ever did with Brooks in it? Are you going to back away from that statement that quickly? Shocking.

7. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

bbiq and iq are different
    not concerned with how intelligent a player is, i want him to make good basketball decisions. not sure if brooks is capable of making the right plays because of his size, but i dont want to judge him until he gets his step back because obviously right now he doesnt deserve to start and he knows that.

right now we are winning, not sure changing things up will benefit us at this point.

8. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

I think Brooks should be traded for a decent back up PG and to improve other positions: SF or C

Brooks + Battier + Jefferies For J. Smith + Bibby

Hayes, Miller, Yao
    Scola, Hill, Patterson
    Smith, Bud
    Martin, Lee, T-Will
    Lowry, Bibby, Ish

Bibby will be a perfect back-up for Lowry who gives you 20~24 solid minutes, can shoot and run a team, provides leadership and knows RA's system. J-Smooth >>>>> Shane.

9. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

The problem is the whole team sucks without Lowry. Remember last year? It was something like 82 games we fell behind to start the game and Lowry and the 2nd unit had to come in and push the score back to even. Remember that?

Take Lowry out of the starting unit and watch them flounder. Just like last year.

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Kyle Lowry answers this question everytime he plays.

11. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

There are also things in the basketball world called hustle, intelligence, court vision, and defense. Lowry is pretty good in those categories. Brooks is not. We have Martin and Scola in the lineup. Why the hell do we need more offense and less defense. Why the hell would we need worse passing opposed to good passing?

12. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Obviously,you dont remember the yao/tracy led rockets in the playoffs. You can never had too much offense against top shelf defenses. I'm sure La never had problems scoring, but when kobe was on lockdown or playing poor,who saved them last year? Artest. Why? He was used to being a #1 option and because the other 2 options werent playing well, he did. Now if you trust martin against a good defense, go right ahead and see where that gets the team.

13. OremLK

OremLK Member

People really need to stop beating this dead horse.

14. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

What horse? Its just blood stains now.

15. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

With that logic Stephen Hawking should be running the point.

My vote still goes to Aaron Brooks. We can't let a 208 3 point shots sit on the bench. Now if Lowry continues to show consistency with that jump shot, Brooks may be the more expendable PG because Lowry has better vision. Its a shame both are so short because it'd be awesome to have both playing significant minutes at the same time.

16. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Am I missing something here? We are talking about who starts. AB will still be on the team logging heavy minutes. AB will still be scoring since he can't do anything else. AB will simply be scoring off the bench, since our bench players can't score by themselves. AB and Martin cannot coexist together and I much rather have Martin in the starting lineup.

AB going to the bench does not mean he won't play or score. They will still both be logging consistent minutes. Until we get a superstar, AB is still needed. We just can't use him with Martin.

17. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

We definitely need to hold on to both Brooks and Lowry. People don't seem to realize what a luxury it is to have two players who are good enough to start at PG in the NBA. I like the idea of having Lowry continue to start, and Brooks off the bench. Brooks is still working his way in. Then, if we are winning while Brooks is coming off the bench, we should probably keep it that way. Why fix what isn't broken?

18. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

At first wanted to start Brooks, but now I have seen that Lowry plays better with the 1st unit, so he has to start, and let Brooks command the 2nd unit, while he scores points too.

So both can be starters in a lot of NBA teams, but lowry have more chemistry with the 1st unit.

I like lowry/martin and brooks/lee backcourt.

and that way brooks can win the 6th man award. :grin: