1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. ROCKETS GAMEDAY
    The Rockets hope to rebound (no pun intended) after that brutal loss to Charlotte when they take on Ja Morant and the Grizzlies tonight. Come join us live at 7:00pm CT!

LIVE! Rockets vs. Grizzlies

To my fellow Rockets Fans in Hong Kong

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by freemaniam, Nov 13, 2007.

1. bleh12345

bleh12345 Member

Yes, apparently i-cable does.
    http://www.21126888.com/highlight/channel/NBA.asp

2. bleh12345

bleh12345 Member

btw, the NBA games in HK are always available in billingal, yes I would rather listen to the English commentary too; But I don't really know what you guys are complaining about :confused:

3. GRAYsquirrel

GRAYsquirrel Member

yes, beggars can't be in choosers. yes the commentators are annoying and r****ded, but it's sure better than nothing. and yes, all thanks to yao!!!

4. xq84

xq84 Member

im from Fujian province... i think they are complaining about the these boring commentetors in ESPN, but guys u will feel so fortunate to have ESPN if u have heard CCTV5's commentary, cos all the commentetors in CCTV are YOF. And one of them we call him as Mr. Resonable, cos he always to mumble:"this shot is resonable, that shot is unresonble...."

can not expect any passion from their commentary, thus make the game really boring :mad:

many ppl would like to turn off the audio when watch the games....

and the biggest problem of CCTV5 is they always delay the game for about 5 or 10 minutes, that's really suck!! :mad:

okay forgive for my rude words, dude :eek:

5. watashi315

watashi315 Member

CCTV is pretty bad, I admit. But at least they go into some in-depth analysis by the so called "experts". My friends and I especially like the "old man" who even knows some basketball lingo in English. He is definitely the coolest CCTV-5 commentator. However, if you watch Shanghai Sports or Guangdong Sports, it's as if you're listening to a bunch of fan boys. Very amateurish.

6. DaRock1

DaRock1 Member

How do you know they are annoying? Because you don't understand what they say? I personally wouldn't come to that conclusion since I couldn't understand what they say.

7. Barkley

Barkley Member

You got me wrong. It is annoyin' for some people, and yes because they don't understand it. I know there are a lot of fans from China and you guys understand it. But for us it's just strange, you know what I mean.

But damn, I just love chinise comentators, I love their emotions during the game and I don't care that I don't understand nothin'. The key is just to watch the game. That's all.

8. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

are you in hong kong?

9. Barkley

Barkley Member

Hahaha I'm in Poland man :)

10. JustWannaChill

tinman do you plan to join the viewing party?

11. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

where's the viewing party?

12. pryuen

pryuen Member

The "old man" you talked about must be the 57-year-old "Lao Shi 老師" Zhang Weiping 张卫平.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://sports.tom.com/2006-10-13/0B2A/25815275.html

Zhang is an expert in basketball, cos he has been a basketball player himself, and all his life was related to basketball.

When he was at his prime, he was with China's national team; he was team captain for the national team. His biggest achievement as a national team player was leading China to 3 consecutive Asian Championships (1975 & 1977 Asian Championships and 1978 Asian Games), and being picked as the All Star team in the 1978 World Championship held in Manila. Even though China only came in 11th in that World Championship (2W 5L), he was the scoring champion of the tournament, averaging 25.3 ppg.

Right after he retired, he went back to University and then joined the national team as a coach in 1985, and led the national team to a 9th position in the 1986 World Championship in Madrid, Spain, the highest position the national team ever managed in World Championships. He then led the national team to 11th position in the 1988 Olympic in Seoul.

He then went to USA and worked there for the next 10 years or so. During those years, he had been acting as a bridge of US and China basketball, liasing and organizing basketball clinics and training camps for Chinese coaches and players in US and China.

He came back to China and has been the head coach for the Chinese Hope Team since 2003, act as the Director of International Basketball Affairs for CUBA, the NCCA equivalent in China since 2005,and senior consultant for the China women national team. He organized and held basketball clinics and training camp during every summer for the young players.

His contribution to Chinese basketball is immeasurable.

13. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Wow, thanks pryuen! I didn't know any of these.

14. thehkmint

thehkmint Member

i'm from hong kong... i use sopcast ;)

15. nancychang

nancychang Member

thou they DO always praise Yao for what he does, n some times their comments r not so appropriate,at least they broadcast so many rox games for us each year n no matter what the team rox r faced with, they stand for rox always, it's enough.

16. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

TV Broadcast schedule of Rockets games in December

Code:
    Date    Time   Game        Channel   
    Dec 6   0930   MEM @ HOU   NBA-TV
    Dec 16  0930   DAL @ HOU   ESPN
    Dec 20  0930   ORL @ HOU   NBA-TV
    Dec 23  0930   HOU @ CHI   ESPN
    Dec 30  0930   TOR @ HOU   TVB-Pearl

Please tune in the channel and give them the viewing rate they want.

17. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

This time I'm actually in Hong Kong! But I don't know if it's worth getting NBA TV just for that one game. The TVB-Pearl game I'm definitely watching, and I take it that ESPN is on NOW-TV, but I've got Cable TV.

18. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

If you want to watch some Yi Jian Lian's games, then you may consider subscribing NBA-TV just for this month because they will show 3 other Milwaukee games for the rest of this month (they broadcasted the SAC game yesterday).

In fact a couple posters here are so generous and they often share their League Pass mms links during the Rockets games. I watched a couple recently and the quality of the video was superb (except the Toronto game but some said it was due to the snow).

19. ashcroft

ashcroft Member

i'm so glad that i'm living in shanghai.
    SMG do it much better than CCTV.
    cctv sucks, no passion at all.

20. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Hong Kongers please be reminded that game 6 will be on TVB Pearl 10:30am tomorrow.

Please tune in, they need the rating.

GO ROCKETS!!!