1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

To "Matador" and to All

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ElVenezolano, Jul 7, 2002.

1. ElVenezolano

ElVenezolano Contributing Member

Correct me if im wrong but, concerning your signature you state that Carl Herrera is from Trinidad , isn't he from Maracaibo,Venezuela?

"The Rockets, of course, have a history of players from exotic locales, beginning with Hakeem Olajuwon. They have dabbled with Carl Herrera (Trinidad), Zan Tabak (Croatia), Oscar Torres (Venezuela) and Kelvin Cato (Jupiter).":mad:

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Carl was born in Trinidad.

3. GoT

GoT Member

Dr. of Dunk,

Carl Herrera IS Venezuelan. He plays with Oscar Torres in the Venezuelan National team, and will play in the upcoming world championship. He was a major factor bringing Oscar to summer camp last year.

For more information about the championship, please see:

http://www.2002worldbasketball.com/

Basketball is the country second sport after baseball.

;)

If you want more information about the country, please drop me a line!!

4. GoT

GoT Member

5. Matador

Matador Member

I'm not sure of Carl Herrera's country of origin. I got that quote from a Fran Blinebury article a few weeks back. If Fran prints it it must be true, huh? ;)

6. NJRockFan

NJRockFan Contributing Member

He resides in Venezuela but was born in Trinidad.

7. mduke

mduke Member

"The first and only NBA player from Venezuela". I guess that's wrong then.

Old Man: You got told!!!!;)

8. GoT

GoT Member

I personally know Carl when he lived in Houston. I used to hang out with him at some of the Latin Clubs and parties in town from time to time. He is more Venezuelan than Arepas (Hey, do not tell any Colombians). :D

I believe his Bio was written prior to Oscar Torres playing for the Rockets. This is why it says that it is the first and only Venezuelan NBA player.

By the way, Herrera is a spanish derived last name, and Trinida (Which is located within the continental 25 miles from the Venezuelan shore) is not of Spanish decent. Most people from Trinida have English last names.

9. GoT

GoT Member

Sorry, Trinidad

10. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

GoT-
    Crystal?

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

What part of "Carl was born in Trinidad" was wrong? :)