1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Trading Sengun? Stop me if you've heard me talk about this one. We're talking #Rockets LIVE right now ...

Talking Rockets - LIVE!
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

To extend KPJ or not?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lachard Binkley, Jul 29, 2022.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Because that world view is stagnant, and teams can trade pieces to change their cap status....there will be a rise in cap as well.....so while it is a valid point, it will change between now and then.

DD

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He did (all it takes is a quick Google lol) https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/walkeke02.html

He started his career shooting extremely poorly for his first 4 years and then boom he’s above league average efficiency for 4 out of the next 5 years, mostly as a lead 20+ ppg scorer taking very tough shots with the whole defense focusing on his 6’0 170 person.

Yeah he’s broken down now, but he’s 31 and has had knee injuries, explosiveness is everything for a player that small.

3. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Really, what were his stats this preseason?

Ck his per 36 and get back to me.

DD

4. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I hope the Rockets don't extend him yet. Let the market dictate what he is worth.

I like what I have seen in the preseason. He does not need to the high usage player on this team.

Easy, AroundTheWorld and cheke64 like this.
  5. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Who cares about 3 years of horrific efficiency when you have 2 good preseason games. Good point

6. King1

King1 Contributing Member

It's hate because he "dipped out in the Denver game". This isn't a club. He's a mental midget who quit like a Petulant child. Pathetic how you guys rationalize it.

7. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I am sorry, I thought we were talking about him right now as a player? The guy that has worked his ass off to get to this point and is only 22 years old.

Not the 19 year old kid that all you haters flock too.......like moths to a candle.

Let's just ignore his clear improvement.

DD

8. King1

All DD knows how to do is be wrong and eat. Pointless debating with him

9. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

He has played 0 games this season so there is nothing to talk about expect his past 3 seasons…..

King1 likes this.
  10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I specifically remember asking someone if preseason mattered and they said no… who was it?

11. DaDakota

Supporting Member

LOL - ok, we will watch you disappear over the course of a season that he blows up, occasionally popping by when he has a bad game....gotta suck to actively cheer against a player on your favorite team.

Good luck with that. Maybe you should focus on getting Altuve to hit a ball.

;)

DD

Dobbizzle likes this.
  12. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Ah ya, make fun of the terrible astros. Good one!

13. King1

He's wrong about everything

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  14. King1

He's a fat blowhard who worships bums. No wonder he eats himself into diabetes. People who take no pride in their appearance tend to behave like him

15. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Not really into the personal attacks. As much as i tend to not get along with the anti math crowd like dd and a few others here, there’s no need for this kinda crap.

Corrosion likes this.
  16. King1

I get it but he and I have history. It has nothing to do with anti math. I get why you wouldn't want to participate though.

17. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Reasonable statement that some might disagree with, but contains nothing blatantly false : While he has been pretty inefficient for his career so far, he showed a glimpse at the end of last season and the last two preseason games this year that makes me believe he can and will do it with consistency this season and will become a player statistically proven to have good efficiency.

Unreasonable statement containing inaccurate information : he has already proven to be an efficient player. A handful of games against a bunch of tanking teams at the end of last season and 2 out of 4 preseason games proves it.

18. King1

It's funny. DD is so confident in KPJ he won't confirm our bet on him getting the contract lol. Sad that grown men can't honor a simple sig bet. Oh well. I should have known better. Everyone Bookmark this post

19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

161 pages. crikey.

Believe It! and AroundTheWorld like this.
  20. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

So the three years of mediocrity is outweighed by two preseason games .... never mind the other two preseason games were mirror images of the prior 3 years of mediocrity.