1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

To extend KPJ or not?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lachard Binkley, Jul 29, 2022.

1. maj21

maj21 Member

If y’all can’t see how good KPJ is, y’all are just flat out delusional and hating. No matter how well he plays, people complain. We need him to score!!! Jalen can’t be the only shot creator out there. They also feed off each other’s energy. Y’all will see!!!!

DaDakota likes this.
  2. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

They want to say...
    he knows what he is talking about!! (when talking about KPj)

Ohhh he don't know S**t!!! (when he mentions Sengun)

Dummies

3. maj21

maj21 Member

Man it’s so dumb!!! Something else that’s funny is that these Sengun fans think the rockets value him over KPJ. “They spent 2 picks on Sengun” so? It’s obvious KPJ is more important to them. That’s just a fact

4. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

When you're the one calling 29 other teams delusional, I think you need to look in the mirror.

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I don't know who said that. I haven't seen anyone say anything like that in response to what McMahon said.

But in any case, McMahon is just reporting what he's been told by execs and scouts: KPJ isn't a PG and Sengun isn't a starting center.

6. maj21

maj21 Member

But you don’t know what other teams think lol. The concerns has nothing to do with on the court, it’s past off the court issues.

7. maj21

maj21 Member

Idc if KPJ is a PG, he’s a stud guard! Period!

8. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I mean... we do... it's literally said within the past two pages.

Or are you trying to become the next DD, and be blissfully unaware to things which put your narrative in the wrong light?

King1 likes this.
  9. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

All this back and forward will end if KPJ can play like he played in the pacers preseason game all the time or at least a similar version of it with a bit more assets

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

No one complains.

11. maj21

maj21 Member

Oh, but they do. Maybe not you though

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  12. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

As it has been multiple times in this thread, a huge number of people, apparently including scouts and gms, do not want to pay before seeing the production and are ready and happy to pay, if the production is there.

You list those assist number comparisons, but nobody sees KPJ's 6.2 assists per game as proof of good play making or decision making, or the inefficient scoring as good scoring. That is why he was not considered a starting pg and not paid so. People want efficiency, decreased turnovers that are due to bad decision making, disciplined play, consistency and better playmaking.

If you signed him, and he delivered it would be a huge steal. But it does not look like Rockets are going in that direction.

He certainly looked better, improved, more focued in the preseason. Let's see how it goes into the season.

I am not well versed with the contracts but from @Corrosion 's post, if I understand correctly, it is not easy for KPJ to find a team that will make a huge offer in the off season as well.

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

KPJ looks absolutely fantastic. (Prayer circle for dependability)

The KPJ/JG/Sengun synergy was there, and god damn was it exciting to watch.

Ankara1923 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  14. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

We shall see, Mavs saw (and know *Brunson is not worth what he got) and Spurs did not
    pay what DeJounte Murray (All Star) is worth. *But Knicks set the bar for combo guards.
    Doncic was PG for most of the Mavs play as Doncic was over 37% USG% and noted as
    97% of the time as PG for the Mavs per basketball-reference.com

Scouts my @##

Hawks are a top notch contender with a triangle prong attack of
    Trae Young ----DeJounte Murray----Capela
    and
    if Kevin Porter plays out as I say: Mavs can free up money and go
    after KPj to team up with Doncic. And the Rockets will be F*** "d for the
    next 8 years as we try to get by division rival Mavs with Doncic-KPj
    one-two-punch.

See, I think more than just Jokic MVP and fantasies of Sengun getting
    highly acclaimed same individual records.....I think of full team prosperity.
    Little thing like, "what composes team championships nowadays."

I guarantee Cuban is eyeballing KPj....just as he did Parsons.
    But don't bet on KPj having endless amount of injuries like
    Parsons did once he joined the Mavs. KPj is a young 22 y/o
    that only played 26 games in year 2

#3174 ApacheWarrior, Oct 15, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2022
    maj21 likes this.
  15. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

Spurs didn't pay Murray because they realized that they were going to go no where if they didn't start tanking, plus Victor plays for Tony Parker's team so you bet Tony is talking to Pop about how good victor is and that they need to tank for him.

16. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

I do like this from KPJ, really seems like he learned a bit from last year.

roslolian and AroundTheWorld like this.
  17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I hope KPJ pans out as a Rocket. But "emotional equity" sounds dangerous. When a GM ties a player's success to his own success, it is going to cloud his judgment.

King1, ashleyem and AroundTheWorld like this.
  18. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Pop don't tank,...remember you can plug any player in the Pops system and win!!

Supposedly

[ Vernon Maxwell talked recently on how Pops had a Private Detective following
    Mad Max. Pops told him to knock out the night clubs.....Vernon continued hitting
    the clubs. Got traded ASAP ]

DeJounte Murray is no angel either. Imagine if Pops had Harden?

So this puritan mindset is nice and all; but is best in chruch leagues.
    Warriors brought in an accused rapist in Anthony Lamb to maybe create
    another Draymond and win down the road if Dray departs.

76ers brought in Montrez Harrell who was arrested for felony drug
    trafficking...which was knocked down to lesser.

Celebrities and rich mofo's get those breaks. Miles Bridges will probably
    settle and get much the same. Ray Rice stuff where the woman backs up
    and says, no, no, don't take away my cash cow.

If the Rockets are going to be like the Ho!ier than Thou Spurs....then we both
    won't be winning squat while the Warriors, Hawks, 76ers will be winning
    everything.

But hey, we got morals. How Sweet. That and a bag of chips is just
    a bag of chips nowadays.

#3178 ApacheWarrior, Oct 15, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2022
    roslolian likes this.
  19. PeppermintCandy

Both KPJ and Sengun look like they've improved, but I see this year to be a testing ground for them.

In the starting lineup, Sengun will be surrounded by above-average shooters (I see EGO as the 3) and a defensive minded 4. It's a lineup that theoretically takes advantage of his strengths and masks some of his weaknesses.

Meanwhile, KPJ will have less pressure to be the initiator on offense, but the sets will probably be more complex and he'll have to show he can remain effective with or without the ball. I'm also hoping he gets a lot of burn with Fernando in the second unit, where their pick and rolls can do damage.

Anyways, I think it's a good season to give both of the guys the court time to show their value and fit. And if things don't work out, the Rockets can pursue other options next season. No need to hurry.

Easy and HorryForThree like this.
  20. roslolian

roslolian Member

When did KPJ get keys to the kingdom? AFAIK this is Green's team, he been riding on Fertita's jet before he even got drafted. Thing is JG is a great kid with no drama and he'd rather be friends with guys like KPJ and Bari instead of get all alpha and b**** about his place on the team. But if he did b**** you'll find out its his team, pretty sure of that.

I also dont think KPJ will win Stone executive of the year, KPJ is far behind Green, Sengun, Bari and Tari in terms of overall hype and just general impact on the team. Stone has proven himself with multiple other draft picks so he doesnt have to rely on KPJ panning out or not.

I always believe the proof of the pudding is in the eating, regardless what anyone says I think the Rox are actually a bit skeptical on KPJ. How come Tate got an extension but KPJ didnt? How come Rox kept hyping up Nix even though he's done nothing but suck in the NBA? How come they drafted Tyty Wash and Josh Christopher? Took a lot at Theo Maledon? Still keeping EG on the team? If anything Rox are skeptical about KPJ thats why they got all sorts of backup guards on the squad.

Personally I'm sold on KPJ, I think he is good enough to be a starter on a champ squad. Yeah he'll never be a creator and facilitator but he is really good as an individual player and can grow to be above average on both sides of the ball. I'd lock him up if he was ok to a cheap deal like 20M below per year. Thats around whst we signed EG on and that deal has turned out great value.

#3180 roslolian, Oct 16, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2022
    Ankara1923 and AroundTheWorld like this.