1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

To extend KPJ or not?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lachard Binkley, Jul 29, 2022.

1. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Nah. There's very little logic in that roster if that's your excuse, why have Lebron if he's not the ballhandler? Are we pretending Lebron's an off-the ball regular small forward here or something?

Magic
    MJ
    Bird
    Duncan
    Dream

Easily a better team.

2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Just because LBJ isn't the primary ball handler doesn't mean he is never the ball handler. His other skills and shooting from the corner makes him the quintessential 3&D super role player on a team of all time greats. In fact, in the Heat days when Bosh and Wade had the hot hands during whichever game, that was the role that LBJ slipped into until he was needed to carry the load. If memory serves, LBJ shot over 50% from the corner in that role!

3. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

You literally just argued for Stockton over Magic because of "fit" then cast Lebron in a role he's barely played in his career. How is that a better fit? You're really clutching at straws here, it's kinda sad.

4. chenjy9

Supporting Member

LeBron barely played the 3&D role? Should watch old Heat games again. Him and Bosh playing those secondary roles were a big part of why their Big 3 was so effective.

5. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Hey hey hey

This thread is about absurd KPJ predictions, comparisons and contract extensions. With a dash of stat ignorance.

Take your LBJ and best team debates elsewhere.

6. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

There's only one player in the history of the league that compares to Magic and that's Lebron.

7. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

That's funny.

DaDakota likes this.
  8. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

That was my point.

Easy likes this.
  9. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Still waiting...

10. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

So you think part time playing a role in 4 years of an 18 year career means that's his typical role? Put down the crackpipe and stop reaching so hard already, it's getting embarrassing. Stockton over Magic is pure idiocy, Lebron and Magic are more comparable than Stockton and Magic, that's how ridiculous your take is.

roslolian likes this.
  11. chenjy9

Supporting Member

I didn’t ever compare them. I just choose to pick one vs the other for team construction reasons. You act like I said Stockton was better than Magic, which is wrong. You act like LBJ wouldn’t be absolutely devastating as a roaming defensive wing that makes the smart hockey assists, feast on open 3 balls, and cut to the rim virtually unhindered. Oh yeah he actually was! Funny to see it getting you twisted though.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This is just not true, it can certainly be learned. Harden improved his a ton...as an example.

DD

13. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Nothing's getting me twisted, stop deluding yourself. It's been quite amusing watching you reach and clutch for any justification that picking Stockton over Magic is EVER justifiable (it's not.)

14. chenjy9

Supporting Member

lol sure! I don’t need to justify my opinion. You don’t agree, that’s perfectly fine with me.

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Replace Magic with LeBron. Much better team. Lebron is a superior version of Magic. Superior scorer, ball handler, shooter and just as good of a floor general.

16. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Clutchfans is a better place with "that guy" on ignore.

17. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Wasn't harden already playing pg duties when he was in college? I'm pretty sure harden isn't the best example of learnt court vision

Easy likes this.
  18. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

And was the secondary(and better) playmaker on OKC in his 6th man role.

YOLO and Easy like this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

45% overwhelmingly favor KPJ.

ApacheWarrior likes this.