1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

To Clutch: Let The Cat Out The Bag On Rons Behavior

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NateNate, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I am confused.
    I simply said I been watching TMAC longer than I have Artest
    Sorry if that is PERSONAL to you

Rocket River

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't know why he posted that. I understood you perfectly. Artest was here a year. McGrady seemingly forever.

3. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

my mistake.

4. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

totally misunderstood you the first time. there should be an embarassed/sheepish smiley face option.

5. RockStrosTex

RockStrosTex Member

Why is everyone mad at Ron? I know his master plan.........Its to infiltrate deep into the Lakers organization and utterly destroy it and keep them from winning anymore championships. He will cause Kobe and other players to go seperate ways, and Jackson to retire, all the while he collects his 18mil and the Rockets rebuild a championship calibur team. He will then rejoin the Rockets as he will be the last key to this team and help us become the ultimate dynasty.........Oh and Yao Ming will be back as the most dominate center because while he was out with his foot injury he would have the time to review his videos and see how soft he was. He will then have flown back to China and put himself through rigorous training running the entire great wall of China, going through intense Chinese Special Forces training, and escaping Chinese concentration death camps to become the ulitmate NBA center

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

he will also don a black costume and fight crime by night.

7. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Artest can't be any worse than Rodman. It's just a reminder of the good ole days for Phil Jackson.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

You must not read very well, I NEVER liked Artest......didn't want him last year either.

Read this thread where we thought about aquiring him and I was vehemetly against it

Everything I said would happen came true.

As for the trade, I didn't mind it once I saw how little we gave up, but when the team did not jettison him at the trade deadline it basically meant we wasted 2 first round picks on the guy....because we got NOTHING out of him as an asset.

For all Morey has done, he has not been perfect.....

DD

#168 DaDakota, Jul 5, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2009
  9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

no worries.
    I suspect you may have thought I was throwing out my 99er Card
    :D

We all Rockets fans here

Rocket River
    been a 99er since before 1999 *grin*

10. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

So, is it that we have to wait until Ron actually signs with L.A. before Clutch can "let the cat out?"

11. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

People on CF's are getting grumpy this off-season, lol.

12. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

It's going to be a long-ass year. Or decade.

13. snappyd

snappyd Member

From a distraction point of view I don't figure Ron would be worse, but in regards to what he brings to the team, I don't think he's better than Rodman.

Ron is most probably a better leader, i.e. more willin to talk to team mates, but I don't see any particular skill on the court that really stands out.

14. NateNate

NateNate Member

where is clutch?

15. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

T-Mac was crucified on this board after he decided to have season-ending surgery. Meanwhile, Ron Artest decided to LEAVE the freaking team and now people are whining that we are being too hard on him?

Have I turned on Ron since he decided to QUIT the team? Yes, I suppose so. As it turns out, Ron Artest was basically a 1-year rental for us, and he played like it. He did some good things, and some maddeningly counterproductive things. I think many people gloss over the problematic parts of Ron Artest's game because the season turned out so well (which had more to do with the "supporting cast" than Ron Artest, IMO).

I could apply your "friends" argument above to T-Mac as well. We were all overjoyed when T-Mac was leading this team on a 22-game win streak. But the next season, when things went wrong for him, this board treated him like he was the antichrist.

1 person likes this.
  16. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

Ron Artest was the reason why Skip was traded ;) :D :p . Also i find it funny how Ron was here now all of a sudden there are Locker Room issues going on. I just found that funny.

17. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

No question Ron was probably high maintenance, but I liked him. He played hard and has a quirky and endearing personality. That said, without Yao, he's the wrong guy for the Rockets at this point. Best wishes to him.

18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Hmm. In this thread I see a lot of people excusing all of Ron's flaws and his leaving the team because our team got out of the first round. We sure have set our sights low, huh?

And then it gets better - they start patting each other on the back, calling themselves "logical" and the others "revisionist".

Sheesh. Bring on the new decade. This year, although tough, might be good to clear the air and usher in a new era. I am ready for it. I am so sick of hearing the old McGrady arguments that I could leave the BBS. Too bad I love the Rockets so much. Maybe this year will make us all Rockets fans again and get rid of these "Artest" and "TMac" factions.

19. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

At least when McGrady stopped the ball like some of you say :rolleyes: he at least made something happened.

Its funny how guys say McGrady is a ball stopper yet they want LeBron here or Dwayne Wade, Joe Johnson. Come on. When the time comes the ball has to be stopped. Kobe is a ball stopper so i guess guys wouldn't want him here. :rolleyes:

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

At about 45% you cease being a ball stopper and move into the "finisher" role.

It is always about the numbers.

DD