1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

To Clutch: Let The Cat Out The Bag On Rons Behavior

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NateNate, Jul 3, 2009.

1. RocketGirl6

RocketGirl6 Member

I wonder if he threw some games, to let the Fakers win, and that's why they signed him so quickly. You have to work really hard to miss easy shots like he was.

2. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

The Rockets got what they needed from him. I'm glad he was here, but I'm very glad he's moving on. A headcase is more of a troublemaker than Tmac is, no question. Artest can't be allowed to feel at home otherwise he'll take too many liberties wrt offense and defense as he did last season (read: him stopping the ball and keeping possessions to fire 3's fading to his left). I think if he stayed with us, next season we would have been really angry at him for not following the plays that RA draws up.

3. jedicro

jedicro Member

I have all the respect in the world for Ron with the way this year went. However this is something that I'm intriuged to see when he's a Laker. Will PJ and Kobe just let him take those terrible, terrible shots?

Also his defense is overrated. He was the 3rd best defender on that team at best.

4. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

So, has there been any substantial information in this thread or is it just a bunch of dudes sitting around theorizing about stuff that's already been talked about a billion times?

I ask because I find it next to impossible to read GARM threads during the offseason - so many words, so little substance.

5. Classic

Classic Member

Unfortunately, I just read through all the posts and came to the conclusion that it was a bunch of dudes sitting around theorizing about stuff that's already been talked about a billion times. I had hopes that a 4 star thread meant Clutch had revealed some behind the scenes info. Nope.

6. Hmm

Hmm Member

the only difficulty here isn't in any lack of understanding.. but lays in an apparent inability to perceive a point..

the point is.. either Yao's criticism/complaints are indicitive of dual party faults.. or aren't indicitive of any specific personnel problem at all..

it's a bit ridiculous to attempt to source an absolute "Artest wrong" over a quote.. just because it was stated at a time when Artest was the default number 2 late in the season.. when it's a single repetition of a complaint already announced twice over, earlier before, with Tracy in the mix..

if the rumors are true, and Artest was up to no good.. there must be more to it.. otherwise.. Tracy would be considered just as much of a "chemistry killer"..

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

After 146 posts in the thread, Clutch's cat must be hungry and breathless.

8. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

Wow, this thread is so bipolar. It's either "we won in spite of Ron not because of him" or "Ron played harder/better in one year than McGrady in five years combined". Almost no middle ground. And Jesus Christ, have people turned on Ron. There are a few who have long been against him and that's fine. But going from "Tru Warier!!!" to "he's gonna destroy their chemistry, he's a cancer"... WTF? Why? Because Morey didn't want him? Some people call you their friends in real life and I'm glad I'm not one of them.

9. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    For the record, I've been not liking Artest since about December. Am I in the clear?? :p

10. NateNate

NateNate Member

Hey those are my four stars! plus its the offseason, don't be complaining when the board is dead a month from now ;)

11. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Checkin for the good stuff... Nope, none yet. Be back later.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I guess that Jazz team Tmac played last year would have beaten the Laker team Artest played this year.

Lakers 2009 >> Jazz 2008

Rocket River

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

IF I WERE TO CHANGED THE NAME
    T-MAC can't be allowed to feel at home otherwise he'll take too many liberties wrt offense and defense as he did last season (read: him stopping the ball and keeping possessions to fire 3's fading to his left).

WOULD ANYONE SAY I WAS LYING????
    Cause honestly. . .that is the same isht T-Mac does

Rocket River

14. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

his last 4 games v. the lakers (without yao - b/c the team v. the jazz didn't have yao AND rafer for 2 games)
    9.5ppg, 17-61 fg -> 28%fg, 4-26 3s -> 15% 3s. brooks and scola and shane were the keys. ron played pretty good for 4 games or so all playoffs.

15. PhilCollins

PhilCollins Contributing Member

It's great how everyone is making a list for the guy who we don't have anymore. He is the one that made this team resilient and LEAD us to the second round. I'm sad but glad that the Yao - Tracy era is over. Wish Ron the best but I will still cheer for the rockets and will still go to every game even if the stands are empty. I just hope Daryl pulls us through these times.

16. PhilCollins

PhilCollins Contributing Member

you and me both

17. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

Tmac is not a headcase, while Artest clearly has some psychological issues going on. I remember the ball-stopping Tmac and feel it was because at first he didn't have the right role players surrounding him, then he was injured and couldn't do anything but hog the ball and take a bad shot. I'm not particularly a Tmac fan, but I don't think he is as bad a ball stopper as Artest. I agree that McGrady did stop the ball early this season despite having the right roleplayers.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I know you not a TOF
    but
    sounds like to stretching for excuses as to why Tmac stopping the ball is better than artest stopping the ball

either way .. the ball stopped when they had the ball

In fact . . . IMO . . . TMac stopped it more than ron
    but
    then again . .. been watching TMac longer

Rocket River

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

so . . yes or not
    Lakers 2009 >> Jazz 2008 <--- Is that a true statement?

Rocket River

20. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

that's what's great about opinions: we're entitled to different ones.
    no need to get personal with remarks such as:
    unfortunately neither of us is going to change our opinion, so let's call it the end at that and get back to the topic of the thread.