1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

To Clutch: Let The Cat Out The Bag On Rons Behavior

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NateNate, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Texxx

Texxx Member

Yep Mcgrady would do that all up until the 4th quarter when it got close and then he would disappear.

Artest gave a damn and busted his ass on defense all of the time. He didn't get lazy. He tried to lead the team and was pretty successful. Hell with his leadership we went to a 7 game series with the best team in the NBA.

And don't forget about Brooks either. Brooks was a better closer in last season's playoffs than MCgrady ever has been in his entire career. Brooks attacked the basket relentlessly without fear while Mcgrady refused in both post season playoffs against the Jazz.

2. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    Artest never was lazy? Are you kidding me?? So Brandon Roy routinely blowing by him/Kobe torching him every time Shane was on the bench was good D. Please... I know its a ritual to burn Tracy at every opportunity, but to say that he didn't play amazing defense during the playoffs is flat out wrong. See 2005 against the Mavs. Then, follow that up by watching tapes of last season's playoff series against the Jazzholes.
    <br>
    Artest's leadership?? Once again, what??? That was Shane's leadership dude. Not to mention you yourself just said it. It was Aaron Brooks that tipped the scale in our favor. Artest was virtually a no show the last 4 games against the Lakers and the first few against the Blazers.
    <br>
    P.S. lets not get carried away. Brooks is definitely the better closer now, but to say better than McGrady ever was is a bit of a stretch to say the least....
    <br>
    <br>
    I'm not saying that Tracy will return and all will be well in Rockets land, but stop treating Artest like he put us on his back and carried us throughout the playoffs. Similarly, stop acting like McGrady never did anything good for the Rockets...

3. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Right, Artest did shoot fade aways(his favorite shot going to the left) and turned the ball over very consistently ;)
    <br>
    <br>
    This I can agree with.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We took the Lakers to 7 games IN SPITE of having Ron Artest, not because of him.

2 people like this.
  5. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    Exactly. IIRC every time we had a huge lead those last few games Artest would continue his insanely poor shooting and everyone would start to panic that the Lakers had a new lifeline. Of course before it got too bad, Brooks would take the ball out of his hands and either he himself, Scola, or Battier would hit some clutch shots...

6. Shaud

Shaud Member

Yao made those comments 2 or 3 weeks before the playoffs started and T-mac was out of the picture then.

7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Agreed. If I could give Rep to you I would. SOMEBODY give this man some rep!

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Just did it. Never thought I'd rep NewYorker! :p ;)

9. Hmm

Hmm Member

Yao first expressed complaints towards the inconsistency of, "one day we play this way, next day we play another way", much sooner than 3 weeks before the playoffs.. while Tracy was still going in and out of the line-up..

10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Obviously Tracy is to blame!!! lol

11. Rockets9495

Rockets9495 Contributing Member

Tracy had a huge problem with Ron and started to sulk to get his way. Basically him and Ron got into a battle about playing and started rotating games to see who would break first. You aren't playing fine then I am not playing...

12. Rockets9495

Rockets9495 Contributing Member

Does a leader skip practice during the playoffs?

13. Shaud

Shaud Member

What does that have to do with what I said? I am talking about what Yao said 3 weeks before the playoffs. I am not talking about the inconsistency comment. I am specifically talking about Yao saying the plays were not being ran. So what you are talking about has nothing to do with what I originally said.

14. monkeyboy32

monkeyboy32 Contributing Member

quit your crying, you act like ron was the only person that found that amusing...

if tmacs knee was so severely injured, he should have just laid the ball up instead of trying a reverse dunk!

15. Hmm

Hmm Member

plenty.. as that's the inconsistency Yao was refering to with his complaints.. one day the offense would be run.. other days it wouldn't.. this happened sooner than 3 weeks before the playoffs..

16. Shaud

Shaud Member

For the 4th time I am not talking about that comment I am talking about another comment. How hard is that to understand?

This thread is about what did Ron Artest do wrong?

I responded saying that it was rumors that he was not running the plays. What you keep saying has nothing to do with what I said. Good lord

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Artest's contribution is questionable. He did okay in the Portland series. So I guess you can say he helped us get past the first round. He did quite poorly in the Lakers series. I think he arguably hurt the team more than he helped.

In any case, I don't think anyone can have a rational argument that Artest contributed to the team in this playoffs MORE than McGrady contributed to the team in past playoffs. Only the blind revisionist haters would argue that did better this year than the old TMac in the past.

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That crap was hilarious, everybody except a couple babbies here thought it was funny. It's the 23 million dollar joke.

19. Shaud

Shaud Member

I thought Ron played pretty good to start the series out against the Lakers. As the series progressed he began to struggle though. I don't know if the Kobe incident got in his head but he never seemed to be right after that.

20. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

It was his fadeaway shot with no athletism in it. He does it all the time when the defenders were still stuck close to him.

Artest played a few good games in the playoffs, but in no way are we going to crown him the king for our success. We had a major talent boost this year particularly with Brooks and Scola (played amazing), though not so much with Von Wafer in the playoffs.

Bottomline is, best of luck to Artest. It just seems like he was a little.... fake at times, but that's probably just me.

We're getting young, and we're getting young fast. I'm all for McGrady and some potential young talent, but not so much for Battier yet. Without Battier, our whole defensive system could break down.