1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

To Clutch: Let The Cat Out The Bag On Rons Behavior

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NateNate, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Bullard4Life

Bullard4Life Member

C'mon man! Seriously? Now I have to go change my pants.

[​IMG]

2. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Wait?

I thought tracy was the the ultimate antic doer´and Artest was a legend here after only one year of mediocre play?

What bull****.

3. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

this is rockets secret weapon...let the lakers sign artest so he can ruin the chemistry of the lakers ...PAYBACK...

jkkkk

4. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Really? I didn´t know we won the championship...

Tinman,

There is no ring for advancing to the 2nd round...

If you want to measure a successful NBA career, measure it on finals apperances, finals wins.. Not one and done´s..

I have to admit, I was believing in Artest when he got in Kobe´s face but now i only realize that he did it only to whisper in Kobe´s ear " I can´t wait to be with you next year"...

1 person likes this.
  5. bluesinsoul

bluesinsoul Member

Yep, the only difference was we had Artest last year. Cheers.

6. Hmm

Hmm Member

the funny thing is.. he did happen to make those complaints, coincidentally, after games attended by Tracy.. during the whole in-and-out-of-the-line-up circus..

7. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Crap, everytime this thread gets bumped I keep coming back to see if Clutch has posted the goodies yet. lol

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Let me play this logic of "Ron got us out of the first round which TMac could not":

We had not gotten out of the first round ever since Rafer Alston became a Rocket.
    We got Kyle Lowry for Rafer Alston.
    Therefore, Kyle Lowry brought us out of the first round which Alston could not.

We had not gotten out of the first round since Mutombo became a Rocket.
    We got out of the first round right after he got injured.
    Therefore, Mutombo was the one who stopped us from winning a playoffs series.

I can go on and on... We got Brian Cook last year and we got out of the first round for the first time after so many years... We got Brent Barry last year... We got Von Wafer last year...

Logic 101, baby. :cool:

1 person likes this.
  9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Incredible deductive reasoning. All those guys you mentioned are way better than Ron Artest. Their impact surely made the difference :rolleyes:

10. dreamshake09

dreamshake09 Member

The management in their collective wisdom decided Ron Artest was not someone that wanted to lead the team in the absence of Yao and TMAC.

1 person likes this.
  11. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    Ron Artest playing the role of Rafer Alston made the difference! :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  12. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

SHUTUP THEY ALL HAD HUGE IMPACT

1 person likes this.
  13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

:eek: ooooook

14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

You're right. We couldn't have done it without Brent Barry and Brian Cook. Ron was just a cog in the wheel.

15. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

exactly. furthermore, if tmac is done as a rocket (and possibly yao too) then there is no need to build around ron. let him go and start over with young players.

16. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

I still like Artest but can we say that Artest sucked up to Kobe even more then McGrady has?

17. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

I believe the appropriate internet blog term is:
    QFT.

A personality like Ron Artest's, without either Tracy McGrady or Yao Ming here for him to defer to, would have eventually done more harm than good to the chemistry the Rockets are looking to build.

And the team they may have to reconstruct after the dust settle on whatever's left of McGrady and Yao's "foundation".

Everybody who's looking to praise Artest for the qualities of "toughness" he brought to the Rockets would have had to concede leadership of the team to him. That meant more than Artest, at this point in his career, was worth, no matter what the dollar amount.

I don't have a particular animosity towards Artest, but I knew from the beginning that he would probably get more credit for the Rockets' success this season than he deserved. The Rockets were a better team last year, and would have advanced at least as far as they did this year had people not been injured. Artest didn't make a tough Rockets team "tougher". He just gave them another player who could score more than once a month.

His personality and attitude would all be acceptable if everything went as planned and he played third-fiddle to Yao and McGrady.

With both Yao and McGrady down, and possibly out for the count, the best thing that Artest could do for the Rockets was to play somewhere else.

Sooner or later, Artest was going to be "Ron-Ron".

And you think it's a feeding frenzy around here now with Tracy McGrady...

1 person likes this.
  18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My hero won two championships but I guess you forget that. I recommend you check back on your history circa 1994 and 1995.

I wish you would go follow your beloved Ron Artest to L.A. I think you'd make a much better Lakers fan. Maybe you could divide the Laker fans into Gasol Only fans, Kobe Only fans, and Artest only fans. And then you could trash on Lamar Odom and demand he be traded.

I think your shtick has gotten old tinman. why don't you go find something useful to do with yourself that doesn't involve your rosy palm.

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Just in case you didn't catch it. I was using the extreme case to expose the absurdity of the logic people put up. This is a very common method in analytic philosophy.

The reality is, no SINGLE player ever caused or un-caused a playoffs series win, not even Michael Jordan. Winning is a team achievement. Losing is a team failure. There are far too many factors in a game like basketball to pin one player on winning or losing.

In case you still don't get it in the abstract. Let me point out the concrete. The year before Artest came, the now famous Scolandry was rookies. So was Aaron Brooks. We also had a new head coach. We lost Yao for the season about 2/3 into the season. BUT we still won a boat load of games, and took the Jazz to 6 games even though we lost our starting PG to injury for the first part of the series. YET people still say TMac couldn't lead us out of the first round and Artest came in to do what TMac couldn't do.

Logic!

20. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

for my part I thought Ron did the best he could to lead this team. i just think that he wasnt as good of a basketball player as I thought he was before he got here. that's not his fault though.

he's weird and quirky and bi-polar, but he gave us everything he had. coming off 5 years of tmac's marginal effort, I thought Ron's intensity was refreshing.

Thanks Ron.