1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

To Charge your Significant Other or Spouse or Not To

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by peleincubus, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I am sure if one puts their mind to it, they could find a rationale reason why they would charge a SO. Even if someone is legally married, they are most often considered "one" anyhow. This would actually raise red flags for fraud in most peoples eyes.

But in your case, as a photographer, is completely and utterly ridiculous. People help their SO's everyday of the week building their careers and goals long past their usual work hours. Either this guy sucks at his profession and can't get the clientele or he's a complete douchebag ... or both.

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Don't s**t where you eat, and vice versa.

3. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

OP, if your friend is single...it's easy to see why. If he's not single, then I feel bad for his significant other. Dude needs to really rethink his attitude before he is ready for a long-term relationship.

4. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Spouse/Significant other no. Family members, yes, but not full price. I'd rather not work with family just because business is no longer business at that point. Been there, done that, There's always disappointment at the end (payment or service) not being satisfied. I do not mean immediate family, I mean uncles, cousins, etc.

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Of all the questions I've seen asked on this board, this one is among the most odd. Why would anyone ever charge their spouse or significant other (but especially spouse)?

Is it because you have separate bank accounts and your "own money" so you want to transfer some of your spouse's "own money" over into "your money"?

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The most I'd do is manage a fantasy football team.

7. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I dont charge any of my family for dental services...and my wife would laugh in my face if I gave her a bill of $300 for a couple fillings.

8. hlcc

hlcc Member

and end up paying taxes for that "transfer"

9. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

Depends on what kind of work I am hypothetically in and the request but I can't even see myself charging friends for what I do. I guess I don't have that many people that I am super close to (maybe 10) and I don't think I would charge them a dime for anything. If I have a relationship where there is a reasonable amount of give and take then there would absolutely be no issue. If the relationship is being abused then that is a different conversation, I would rather decline a request than get into charging.

10. marky :)

marky :) Member

Who the F would charge their spouse for anything? I did your laundry this week, that'll be $10 and don't forget about the tip.

11. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

you must be Indian if you even bother asking this ....

12. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

lol exactly...if I charged my wife for something, I'd be about 100k in debt immediately from all the charges of cooking and cleaning up after me.

13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I just showed these responses to him. One of the things he said that I suppose makes a good point is how many of those people are business owners?

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Are you a girl?

15. marky :)

marky :) Member

Then the question shouldn't even be if you charge your SO/wife or not.. The first question should be if you should even do the job.

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Nope. I'm a boy. I have never been married. I do have a 6 year old son though.

Why do you ask??

17. bobrek

The implication in your OP was that you were asking on your own behalf. In a subsequent post you said "I showed these response to HIM", thus implying (at least in most relationships), that you are a female.

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

It's 2016, gender is apparently fluid now, so we can't assume anything.

19. bobrek

Yeah, I need to get with the times.

20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

WTF?? I'm Indian, and literally every single Indian person I know (both here and in India) would NEVER dream of charging a loved one for ANYTHING. Take your idiotic stereotypes to the D&D.