1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

To BimaThug, Moes, DD, Clutch, and the 99ers

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by tinman, Dec 30, 2011.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Clutch, now strip tinman's green bars so DD and him have something in common.

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

IQ test required before gaining registration link.

Boom.

E-Darwinian.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Look, I can not say anything any more without someone quoting my post and trying to start a back and forth, and lord knows I get into far too many of those.

Maybe it is time for the DD moniker to go the way of the dodo and come back as an uknown user, I am sure folks would eventually figure it out but it might be fun to be able to comment on the team again without all the personal agendas thrown at my post just because it is me.

Clutch,

Thank you for all you do, and all you have done, I know you have spent countless hours of your own free time and tons of your own money to get this thing to where it is.

Clearly we will all support you in whatever you decide, and if you ask any of us to join you on an improvement panel it would be an honor.

On the flip side, if you don't ask, that is ok too, at the end of the day, I think I speak for all of us here, we just want the best for the site and the community.

Happy New Year !!

DD

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Y'all are gonna need an Aggie on that panel if you want anything done right. ;)

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I understand there are some very good new posters out there, the problem is that they are drowned out by all the knee jerkers.

Is there such thing as Clutchfans Armageddon where everyone who could start a thread does? I know this obviously a tough task for you and the crew.

I know many members have lost interest in the Rockets. You are right with the Hakeem / Hasheem analogy. However the GARM was the best forum back then and I believe it can great again.

GARMTHOM is not beyond saving.

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Am I the only '99er who still likes the GARM? And thinks it is better than ever.

I'm completely serious.

7. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Resetting his member number and registration date to make it appear as if he just registered would be funnier.

1 person likes this.
  8. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Thanks for all the work Clutch.

9. heypartner

Oh, and I do have a suggestion. I have started to keep notes and bookmarks on the memorable GARM threads/comments of the week. I have this vision to start a "GARM Week in Review" thread each week to summarize the GARM activity for others, since it is so hard to read through. It would have links to key things of interest--including awesome photochops and new meme's. And current arguments/debates summaries and which threads and posts are particularly awesome. Plus provide quick links to anything Morey, Clutch or Bima said. And maybe have a section for "funny stuff of the week" or "Rookie of the Week" stuff.

But, I've already turned down Jonathan Feigen for being the Chron Fan blogger because I just can't do it by myself.

Anyone want to help do a "GARM week in Review" thread each week? I don't even think I can do that by myself...what?? I'm going to start a Week In Review thread...like I have the rep to do that. Unless I can write like Bill Simmons or moestavern19...it will get trashed.

just a stupid idea?

#69 heypartner, Dec 31, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I'm also enjoying the GARM just fine.

And the GARM week in Review is a great idea, but instead of it being just another thread, maybe it should either be a front page article or a sticky? Otherwise it would just be another thread.

It would definitely be nice to recognize the best threads and posts week to week.

11. heypartner

The only person who could pull that off is Clutch. "Best Threads/Posts of the Week." Like he has time for that.

That's not what I'm suggesting at all. Just a fun thread about helping people find the GARM fun. I know when I try to read through the GARM nowadays...I miss out on the photochops and new meme's. Mostly that is what I'm missing.

Sura Faints.

I'm thinking of a thread to keep people up-to-date on that stuff and to simply outline and link to the other stuff...like "this is a current argument in a redundant amount of threads...here are the links...such and such thread got the most action, but don't read past Page 10...because it Jumped the Shark then. And I do like pointing out good Rookies to others.

It's just a dumb idea.

#71 heypartner, Dec 31, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Dang, THIS is what a '99er should be doing!!

13. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I rarely read the GARM anymore. A bit of it has to do with me losing interest in the NBA and and a bigger part has to do with the cluster **** of nonsense posts of bickering, fighting and trolling.

Rating threads and rating posters does very little for me. Im not going to read through a 10 page thread looking for the handful of good posters nor am I going to read through a 4 star thread that has turned sour after the first 2 pages.

What will attract my attention is if I can sort/view highly rated individual posts.

14. YaosDirtyStache

Fear not, the Stache is here to rescue the GARM.

15. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

This whole 99er view on the GARM being better before is equivalent to a bunch of people occupying a "hang out" spot somewhere in a new mall or park.

Sure, in the first few years you guys might be the only one to know about the area, and it's natural to think that you run the place. Eventually, other people will discover it as well and one day everybody will be hanging out in that area.

Let's be honest though, the bigger the population of something, the more likely you get trolls. Yet at the same time the benefits to a growing Clutchfan population far outweighs that of the trolls that result because of it.

The GARM, in my opinion, is doing pretty good. Clutch and the mods have done a great job with limited help in controlling posters and trolls. I also always thought it was really smart that there never was a portrait system, really helps clear up space and it definitely makes the whole board look so much cleaner.

In the end, I feel like the sign up date becomes a tool used for discrimination more so than anything else. I've seen plenty of good posters who joined in 2010 or 2011. I might suggest that we remove the sign up date label completely, or put it in the specific profile section. That way, all posts from posters are not naturally respected or criticized simply because of the date that they signed up.

1 person likes this.
  16. tinman

Supporting Member

No, people who have been here since the beginning have noticed changes.
    It's like anything, your job, your city, etc.

if you stayed at your job for along time you notice things.
    if you live somewhere for along time you notice things.

17. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

And the change you notice is growth..

You are noticing a growing population of Clutchfans, and as a result a growing population of trolls/knee jerkers whatever as well.

The fact that you always preach about your 99er status tells me you like the board to know you were one of the original posters here. That just tells me you're telling everyone that "you were here first".

1 person likes this.
  18. tinman

Supporting Member

Wrong.

Must I mention this to you again? It's like when Snoop is giving props to Tupac. Does that mean he's dissing Biggie and the whole East Coast?

No.

I'm not preaching about the 99ers, I'm just giving them their props.

19. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

So you are saying you never preached about being a 99er, nor made threads about how everyone should give respect to the 99ers, nor said anything along the lines of newer posters aren't as educated as 99ers? Because all of those sound like you're emphasizing the fact that you guys are the first members of this board.

Unless of course, this whole time, the basis for your 99er love is the fact that you think registering in 1999 makes you superior poster and not the fact that you were the first members of clutchfan.

Look this isn't getting anywhere.

My point is the change you're noticing is the growth of Clutchfans, that's it.

20. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Lets start multiple Hakeem Olajuwon threads and touch ourselves to it!

1 person likes this.