1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

To BimaThug, Moes, DD, Clutch, and the 99ers

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by tinman, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is true, people post to more like a message board than anything else.

Seems there needs to be some sort of separate "game analysis" thread that only certain members can post to - maybe limited to a few hundred or the top 1,000 garm posters by rep points.

3. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

As a proud Elite 99'er (sub 100 ID), I will say that the board was much better 10 years ago. It consisted of hard core fans who all shared the same passion. Now every kid has internet on the go 24/7, which no doubt drags down civil discussions.

Maybe it is time for a 99'er only discussion forum with invite only. :D

Perhaps a forum where members will be required to have a yearly subscription?

4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

The hypocrisy here is great.

Tinman does nothing but troll the hell out of the board and just baits posters into stupid arguments. Have a different opinion than Tinman? Oh well heres a 30 page thread on Tmac vs Rocket heros.

You sir are what is wrong with this board.

#44 larsv8, Dec 31, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
    4 people like this.
  5. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I will just say I am a huge CBrownFanClub fan.

6. rimrocker

Hippocracy? Hippos are racy, no doubt, but I think the word you are looking for is hypocrisy.

7. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

We may need GrEgOnOmIcS' assistance.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I actually support this. A 99'er circle jerk.

9. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

Hooray 99ers...let's just kick off everyone who signed up after 2000 and get it back to the good ol' days!

10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Omg are you the rep grammar nazi?!?!

11. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Maybe he was trying to enunciate it?

12. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I think it's blatantly obvious that this board is a monbearchy.

#52 arkoe, Dec 31, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  13. rimrocker

Nope. I lay down knowledge out in the open where others can benefit. Besides, your grammar was OK, it was just your spelling that sucked.

14. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can agree with this to a degree. There was a lot less stupidity in the old days but that is because there were so fewer people. There still were plenty of bad threads and flame wars and hometown vs haterism dumbness.

To me the noise more than anything else is what gets in the way - just too much to sift through in GARM. I prefer fewer and more in-depth without hyperbolic stupidity but that is hard with a bigger community so I don't care or worry about it. Like others have said, this bbs has become legit and I still enjoy it as a big beastly entity as opposed to the more personal connection I had before.

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Note how you are dropping a classic troll post.

The thread is about Bima, Moes, DD, Clutch, and other 99ers that have the ability to save the GARM.

All these guys have different opinions than me, if they didn't then we'd all be the same person. Like the BORG.

It's like if Snoop Dogg is giving a shout out to Dre and Tupac, doesn't mean that he's dissing Ja Rules like you.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

You know a nice "Ignore me" feature would help all these people that have wars with each other avoid clouding the board with their senseless arguments.

And yes, I am talking about me....lol.

DD

17. tinman

Supporting Member

We need you to save the GARM Space Ghost.

[​IMG]

18. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

I feel if you say some like Jordan/ Hakeem is the best ever people will disagree with you just to do so. It's annoying.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

I'm going to defend my fellow 99er DD.

The same group of knee jerkers that make threads after 1 second after 1 miss of one player during 1 preseason game, beg for you to make a video post.

The DD Video post shows courage, creativity, technology, and passion that this board was built on!

When you don't speak, you get a "Where's DD?" Thread.

Let's say these other dudes tried to copy you, their video would be 3 seconds long.

video start (some kid's room with LMFAO blasting in the background)
    kid "Kmart sucks, trade him for LeBron!"
    video end.

20. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I disagree with some of the comments made about the state of the Rockets forum in here, but I know there's a lot of room for improvement.

First, we need more moderators in a handful of forums.

Next, understand that if you took the 1000 biggest Houston Rockets fans today and checked back in with them in 13 years, a lot of them are going to fall off the map (assuming the Rockets are not the new NBA Beatles). Hundreds of changes happen in life in that kind of time span. So let's not act like the Rockets forum chased off every "'99er" you don't see. For many, there's a difference between following Hakeem/Clyde/Charles when you're 20 years old in college and Hasheem Thabeet when you're 35 with a wife and kids.

Also, keep in mind -- there are a lot of new users to the board... a lot. Take the time to read what they have to say. They don't come in perfectly versed in all the unwritten rules of ClutchFans. If you lash venom at them because they started a thread that shouldn't have been created, that doesn't exactly help -- and they're not likely to respond well.

But that's about as far as I want to go -- my feeling is that there needs to be a private forum for discussing this topic and many others like it. It needs to be like an online panel, but focused on all things related to making changes/improvements, with access only to a large group of veteran users who care about the site and are willing to swap thoughts. I could probably create a dozen threads in a forum like that on Day 1. I've been thinking about that for literally months, but identifying users (plus not insulting others who aren't in it) and getting good participation on that is the harder part.