1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

To BimaThug, Moes, DD, Clutch, and the 99ers

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by tinman, Dec 30, 2011.

1. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

how come 99'ers love to suck each other's d!cks? don't you guys have, like, rewarding work in your own lives? oh nevermind. the garm has been illegible and probably unsalvageable for almost a decade, and i doubt DD's videoramas, Moes' self righteous web hero condescension, or tinman's wind-pissing, nostalgia war will bring the GARM any substantial 'realism' or 'originality'. nor would their efforts be productive or worthy of their time. i thought anyone who had anything to say had moved to the hangout/D&D/sports arenas.

carry on, holy founders. smoking popes.

4 people like this.
  2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

tinman, some more names for you of posters who should post more in the GARM:

Mango
    rockHEAD
    haven
    Deuce
    Will
    aelliott
    NIKEstrad
    Tango
    Hottodie
    fromobile
    CBrownFanClub
    Sanjaylucknow
    RocksMillennium
    DEANBCURTIS
    Sherlock
    Heath
    Puedlfor

Just some names of people I remember who were usually involved in good basketball discussion.

3. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VastXQ_hPb0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It really has nothing to do with what year you joined, there are going to be bad apples in every group. the community does a good job of self regulating.

#23 tmoney1101, Dec 31, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A list of heroes!!

5. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Hopefully the OP can contribute by posting LESS.

1 person likes this.
  6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

BimaThug - Awesome.
    Moes - Awesome.
    DD - If I had to be truly objective he does make a good point on occasion and does well to play the devil's advocate. I would much rather prefer that I have someone disagree with me or a general consensus rather than participate in a Clutchfans circle jerk.

I used to think tinman was a tool, but I have no problem with him anymore.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

Yeah you know me!

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I don't know how you managed to do it, but you put a typo into my post (NIKEstrad's moniker) while quoting my post :confused: :).

9. tinman

Supporting Member

We work
    We get the job done

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UotstYMaedw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ain't no half steppin

10. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

At some point telling 99% of the board they are losers will get old.

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

Wow I only recognize like 4 names from there. I also remember vaguely names like mcable and SirJackieChilles back from way before I signed up.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

notice how original these names are.

not variations of mac and yao.

rockHEAD. that name is genius!

13. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Knee jerk always here. The clutter is what makes it worse. Good posters tend to think about what they post and knee jerk less. Thus, they tend to post less. As the number of posters increases, the concentration of good posts decreases. This is with assuming the quality of poster stays constant with an increase in the number of posters.

As far as everything else. Some things change for the worse. Some things for the better. Better is in the eye of the beholder as well.

Trying to divide the community sucks. I am a 1999 and I am not a quality poster. I do know a quality post when I see one.

#33 Joe Joe, Dec 31, 2011
    3 people like this.
  14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There were only like a 1,000 members back then. I joined later when there was around 7,000 I think, and it was slow...than when we got Yao it exploded and we got 20k really quickly. So when you have 20k-30k members - yeah, there is going to be clutter.

The flip side of it, think of how many people Bimathug influences. In 1999, no one paid attention to this BBS. Now, you got writers reading his threads and analyses and quoting clutchfans

Yeah, there is clutter, but it isn't hard to navigate. I scan the first page and get most of what I need.

What would be nice is if there was a way to flag threads started by certain posters so that I could make sure not to miss out on their threads without having to go through the search functionality.

1 person likes this.
  15. da_juice

da_juice Member

Only let contributing members and other members post threads after games.

Rookify bad thread starters, but give them a mulligan and an explanation.

Limit non-contributors to 3 GARM/NBA Dish threads a week.

16. VanityHalfBlack

BBS_hangout>Garm

17. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Only this mans highlights can save the GARM:

[​IMG]

18. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Just like the Rockets team, I'm actually for letting some young poster prospects DEVELOP into decent posters.

There will have to be a down period to let that happen. (Have to let the board "tank" to let that happen.)

I think:

- Its a lot of OLDER MEMBERS creating a lot of the front page DRAMA and hullabaloo equally or MORE contributing. Blaming rooks and newbs is misdirecting some of the focus.

- Some of the older members have become a MOCKERY onto themselves. Or just have flat out mailed it in. I'd rather fickle but DEDICATED posters giving effort than older guys who are Too Cool for School Hangout snobs, or guys who just don't give a darn anymore.

Then:

- Whats the difference between 10 reactionary threads?

And 150 knee-jerk Tracy McGrady responses?

#38 Shroopy2, Dec 31, 2011
    3 people like this.
  19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

The knee jerkiness has gotten even worse, and the lack of understanding what is going on is maddening.

People blaming everyone for a team that has had no training camp, a new coaching staff, a near trade, a roster full of the same types of players, very little chemistry....

I mean what do folks expect, we have had a lot of turnover, and at key positions - this is not a playoff team, no matter how the Rockets PR team spins it....

And reading about how one guy looks great and then sucks every other game....ebb and flow is amazing....

DD

20. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Bima is great. Salary cap info is great. The Clutchfans articles have gotten much better, but people paid attention to Clutchfans back then...they just didn't give the props as often.

I miss the days when people like heypartner would actually describe what the Rockets were doing and how the opponents were reacting. So many junk posts now that the conversations are not there on game play. Granted, the offense was simpler than Adelman's. Impossible to have a conversation about game play in the post game thread as there are just too many posts. Good posts just get washed away.