1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

To all The Ignorant Who Really Don't Understand Our Problem?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by zantabak1111, Mar 6, 2009.

1. DoitDickau

DoitDickau Contributing Member

Can we get an answer to the real question people in the thread have? Why is the "all" in the title not capitalized?

2. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Phew... For A Second I Thought That I Might Be Part Of "all" The Ignorant, But Then I Realized...

wait a second... I understand his problem. after a couple of posts its pretty clear.
    :p

3. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

When that time comes, we will eat the affluent.

Or in your case, the effluent.

Who else is up for a Tanglewood run?

4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

mbs's aren't the downfall. it's the insanely over leveraged world. ffs if you are going to rant at least know that it isn't just the securitization of mortgages. have you seen how the total credit debt market is still exploding upward as a % of gdp? CAN YOU HEAR ME ZANTABAK111? CAN YOU HEAR ME PRESIDENT OBAMA?

5. stanleykurtz

stanleykurtz Member

Commercial Mortgage Backed Securities are safer than "A" Credit residential mortgage backed securities, in my opinion.

The have a lower loan to value (most 75% and under), have stricter appraisal requirement for the properties, and have debt coverage ratios of 1.25 and higher. There is a reason why these type of loans are "non-recourse" to investors.

Maybe I am missing something, but the CMBS investments seems pretty safe to me, even in today's market. Could somebody tell me why I am wrong?

6. rockergordon

rockergordon Member

CMBS' are safer.... No doubt about it. But in this climate even CMBS's are looking weak. I think zantak or whatever is advocating stuffing your mattress with gold and buying livestock and seeds. But you still can't compare the residential situation to the commercial. It's just not as dire.

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would like Atlas Shrugged a lot more if Ayn Rand hadn't tried to pass it off as literature.

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

ALL HAIL OUR ROBOT OVERLORDS!

9. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

No comment. Just love this pic.

[​IMG]

10. Major

Major Member

I'd like to thank zantabak for helping bring some bipartisanship to the board!

11. Republic

Republic Member

Serious economic analysis always begins with cashiers at Wal-Mart. You sir are a genius. In addition, I never would have thought that unskilled workers would have a tough time finding work had you not revealed this slice of insight in this very forum. This is definitely bestseller type of material. Please, let me know when your work is published. I want a copy of that bad boy. It's captivating.

12. Republic

Republic Member

Sadly? You are an optimist? Huh? Are you sure? Being optimistic makes you sad? This is brilliant. You simply cannot buy material like this anywhere. Might I suggest a title for your first published volume?

Zan Tabak - The Sad Optimist

I thank you sir for your time.

13. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

QFT. The writing is just plain bad.