1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TO ALL D&D MEMBERS: Time to Tone It Down

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Jeff, Jan 11, 2011.

1. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

It was because of the abundance of reported posts he got from within the congresswoman thread. If he'd gotten the same amount of reports in other threads his actions would have been the same.

Get off your high-horse.

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Or llama, camel, yak, or luxury SUV, as the case may be.

1 person likes this.
  3. dback816

dback816 Member

That means what exactly? That us, as a mostly American forum, don't care about human lives outside of America?

That we enjoy using tragedies to further our political and religious agendas, as long as those victims don't have green cards?

You sound almost as if you're proud of your own apathy. Maybe you should get off your high horse and re-exam yourself.

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

even ashley todd would laugh at basso if she read this thread. basso never jumps the gun!

5. B-Bob

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Pretty natural to care more about that which you have more relation to/in common with. Not exactly a shocker.

But the dust up came from the behavior of posters in that thread, not the topic itself.

7. dback816

dback816 Member

Of course it's not surprising.

But if you're going to ride in with your moral calvary and try smacking down everyone else like Jeff just did, maybe you should try not to leave so many holes in your preaching that might make you look like a hypocrite.

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

How is what he said hypocritical?

It seems like you're just looking for a reason to pick a fight with somebody here, really.

9. B-Bob

maybe you should run your own site. Jeff's put more into this place than thousands of dback816's combined. Or at least more than dback1-dback816.

This place is NOT a democracy. It is the world's kindest and most tolerant dictatorship.

Deckard likes this.
  10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I challenge B-Bob to warcraft.

No rules, besides the usual rules of engagement.

Come at me bro.

11. tmoney1101

No, I'm saying if he gets the bulk of his reports for the week from one thread he's likely to be inclined to examine that thread. If the majority of the reports are confirmed, he's likely to start a "sticky" to try and squelch the uncouth behavior.

I don't know where you got some of this stuff from, has nothing to do with what I originally posted.

12. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

[​IMG]

13. tmoney1101

Was that stupid? I don't want to come down here and catch a e-beatdown.

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

With all due respect, Jeff, I think that if your brush were any broader, you could paint the Astrodome in a day. I don't consider politics a "hobby," just as I wouldn't consider the Rockets a hobby. I don't consider having discussions with those of varying opinions on a variety of topics "not for polite conversation" a waste of my time. Those are the kinds of things adults often discuss, or at least they were when I was growing up, and after. Growing up the language used was definitely better, but I wasn't privy to what the adults said away from the dinner table, which may have been quite different and probably was. So this forum doesn't flip me out. I've got one or two people on ignore, which helped a lot, and may add a member or two, but I'm no angel. That we've grown so tremendously since Yao was drafted merely added to the potential for immature posters. You know, the kind you see in the GARM every single day. They don't all hang out there.

I never posted in the thread that resulted in you getting so exercised, and read little of it, finding the topic depressing and depressingly unremarkable in today's society in America. What made it different was that a congresswoman was shot. The other victims, as sad as the incident was and is, have counterparts in cities and towns across the nation. What bothers me is that you have unloaded on the forum in general, not on a few who produce the worst of the problems here, directly or indirectly. That is certainly your perogative and I respect that. I hope you respect my opinion that destroying this forum would be a sad day for me and many other Rockets fans here, people with broad interests beyond that of their Houston Rockets. Considering how the season has gone, this forum and Hangout frequently provide a pleasant diversion. Yes, even D&D can produce good, engaging conversation from time to time. Boot some obvious trolls and we might see even more of that, in my opinion. And again, I'm no angel. I can lose my temper and it is frequently driven by something in "real life," not what goes on in ClutchFans. Sort of like real life, you know?

1 person likes this.
  15. ChievousFTFace

Not you silly silly man... dbagg1337!!

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I agree with Deckard, I think what the D&D needs is an active moderator.....any nominations?

DD

17. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"an" e-beatdown.

18. ChievousFTFace

Refman!

19. dback816

dback816 Member

That doesn't answer anything nor does it really defend his position. We know he can't address everything, it's understandable but not ideal. Especially when this subforum has bickered and trashed events with much higher body counts and he never picks up on those.

Nope I think they were reasonable conclusions. If less people reported on foreign tragedy related bickering, that just means we don't care about foreigners dying. Was it really hard to make the connection...?

20. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you forgot a Federal Judge was murdered.