1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

TO ALL D&D MEMBERS: Time to Tone It Down

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Jeff, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Nah, they didn't complain. I do remember outright disgust before and after. I only remember bits and pieces (Jesus, how long ago was that??) but multiple accounts and personas usually end up leaving a bad aftertaste.

Anyways, I don't think it's a left/right dummer/smarter issue. Who would've thought people generally don't like being manipulated or tricked into something even if the main point is generally true?

Sadly the ugliness and brazen ignorance as gospel some people proclaim now pales to whatever satire we saw years ago. It's always been around...just seems like people are less and less ashamed of their stupid clickbait hot takes.

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't really push the limits until right before i was banned. Prior to that I was just another poster with over the top conservative views (ironically, those views are now considered tame). In fact, the irony was that the most controversy was caused because people didn't believe when i told the truth - for example when I said I was Indian no one believed me simply because I didn't find the macaca thing offensive.

In any case, the left definitely looks down on the right and is quick to mock the intelligence of someone on the right. That said, the right is posting some crazy stuff.

3. Buck Turgidson

I think Sweet New York Lou just needs to go anonymous with his 3rd moniker, nobody's going to take him seriously if we know who he is.

4. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

I would never, or at least rarely, would have called your views conservative, but I will say I enjoyed our skirmishes here in the D&D. I miss duels of script with you and some others in particular.

BTW, does anybody know how to change a Clutch Fans email address from thumbs@email.com to thumbs@usa.com?
    F

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.
  5. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Click on your avatar at the top of the page, and in the drop-down select "contact details."

Deckard likes this.
  6. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Thanks!

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Really? While it was pre-rep system, I got loads of applause from BigTexxx, TJ, and many others.

8. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Bwaaahahaha...no. I certainly never offered you loads of applause. “Pre-rep system”, just lol!

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

It's probably a good thing for me not to be taken seriously.

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

This thread didn't age well.

This was then, and, sadly, these are now acts of political violence by what are white supremacists.

They're not "politicised tragedies" they're tragedies inflicted upon innocents for political reasons.

And now, appallingly, 40% of the population or so and multiple branches of government share enough of this political common ground to basically find it an acceptable transaction cost.

And boy howdy, im sure happy to be posting about it and drinking my smug juice box.

11. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

agreed. (hey, common ground!)

or, you could wait until the facts are clear to weigh in.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Haven't seen a @Jeff post in a long, long time. My guess is that protecting his sanity had a higher priority than keeping an eye on this forum, as well as the other forums as an administrator. I hope I'm wrong and I've just missed his posts somehow, but if he's truly taken an extremely long hiatus, I hope he's lurking about, checking ClutchFans from time to time. I miss his presence at the BBS. He's been such an important part of this place since the early days. If he's looked lately, he'll have seen that @justtxyank is doing a great job holding this forum together.

I have to say that not seeing you joining in the on-going madness of the last couple of years has been very refreshing. I always read your posts when I see them in the other forums. Sorry I couldn't get together with you in Austin a while back. I don't doubt that I would have enjoyed it, but I'm anal about my privacy, as I'm sure you've noticed.

Heck, DD and I live in the same neighborhood, and I even have his address somewhere (he posted it once - he's crazy!), but I've avoided getting together with him, and he's asked before. I have a nightmare of having my image plastered all over the place here (every cell phone now moonlighting as an excellent camera), with endless ribbing about how old I look, or worse, and with someone making a point of repeatedly putting "Elect trump!" signs in our front yard. I'm afraid that our huge Labradoodle would go crazy if that happened, crash through a window in full attack mode, and send whoever it might be to the emergency room, and her to the vet. ;-)

I would stop posting down here myself, if I could, but I'm a political junkie with a terrible addiction. It's likely taken years off my remaining lifespan. The guy in the White House is far, far worse than I could have possibly imagined after he was elected, and before he took office, and I can imagine a lot. I'm able to vent here, so that I don't vent quite as much at home with my lovely significant other. She vents enough for both of us and can be worse than me, if you can imagine such a thing. :cool:

basso and FranchiseBlade like this.
  13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Pretty sure he is busy sidelining as a food critic

14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And trying to blacklist fatty.

Deckard and King1 like this.
  15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Food critic/musician/software developer?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  16. Buck Turgidson

*cough* food reviewer is the classy term

17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I think some of yall need to tone it down. I've seen a huge increase in personal attacks and outright lies. I'm going to retire from the D and D because this mess is a heaping dumpster fire for toddlers and I want no part. Best of luck.

Just know that the evil eye is always watching.

Deuces.

[​IMG]

IBTL likes this.
  18. IBTL

IBTL Member

See you soon.. Idiots?

19. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

If your views are conservative then Gandhi is Genghis Khan, lol. I thought you were Chinese by all of your China posts. If you’re a Punjab then you have all the reasons to hate the ChiCom even more.

20. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Lol, you gotta love Indian humor.