1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TNT: Kevin McHale reacts to comments from James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsTerps, Oct 13, 2017.

1. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

The only teams looking to hire him would most likely be lottery teams or close to, so if you have him talking continuous **** about one of the greatest to play that he coached, what kinda **** would he talk about the best player on a lottery team?

2. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

I meant career as an anylst. I agree he's done as a head coach

3. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

I find it hard to believe teammates would laugh at Harden for asking them to play defense. None of those teams would even be in the playoffs if he wasn't hard carrying them all year.

riko, vlaurelio, s3ts and 2 others like this.
  4. the11mingdynasty

the11mingdynasty Contributing Member

You laugh at Harden...you gone.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Never liked McHale. Still don't like McHale. I don't like coaches who rip on their ex players when they start working for the media.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  6. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Great response. Always loved McHale though maybe not as a head coach.

7. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

The national media and casual fans have already jumped onto to the Harden hate train. Harden's a flopper and plays zero defense narrative is too easy.

Harden will never redeem himself until he wins a ring as one of the lead options.

McHale strikes me as one of those guys (cough, George Karl) who is fine with writing a book that burns all ties with his past players so he can make some extra dough.

8. theimpossibles1

Does anyone else feel like McHale is doing us a huge favor? When you listen to his comments, what he is really trying to get across is that cp3 is a natutal leader and Harden isn't, and I agree with him.

What this does is help establish cp3 as the true leader of this team. This would have happened anyway eventually, but by making it a huge topic in the media, McHale has greatly accelerated this process.

Invisible Fan and tarantula like this.
  9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I try hard to care about this drama but in the end, I just can't. These guys say whatever they want about each other. I just want to see good play from the Rockets on the court. That's all I need. I can see Harden's point, and I can see Kevin's point. So that leaves me right where I was before.

AroundTheWorld and napalm06 like this.
  10. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I said it before... and I'll say it again...

It's one thing to be a leader when everything is good and going your way... then its just rah rah! clap clap! Keep it up guys!

it's quite another to be a leader when you are in critical circumstances and facing daunting adversity...

everybody wants to be the leader when everything is sunshine and rainbows....

but its the person who steps up and takes charge when things and stressful and chaotic who is a true leader!

and the sign of a great leader is not whether they can do the work of 10 people, but rather how much work they can get 10 people to do....

McHale was a failure in these respects... imo....

Harden still has the opportunity to improve...

11. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Telling truth is nothing to do bad coach or not.

Bad coach also could tell truth.
    I am on the side of McHale this time.
    If Harden still playing air defense like last game, I wont surprise his defense highlight video 2.0 coming.

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

He never talked about his guys from Minnesota.

13. samerth.is.so.b.f.g.

LOL this guy described the situation perfectly ^^^^

I was watching some clips from game time and mchale was just clownin man he was talking about the whiteside-Joel embiid beef and he said something like "I like to see bad blood on the court. (The way embiid) went and was talking trash to the heat's coach." McHale is wildin lol.

And you have to be really stupid to think Harden isn't a good leader. He led the league in assists last year. 11.2 assists a game. How can you get that many assists, consistently make other players better, and not be a good leader....

14. OTMax

OTMax Member

He’s dead serious and what does stats have to do with leadership? Not playing defense and buckling under pressure while expecting others to pick up your slack and think you’re allowed to yell and point out mistakes to others is a sign of bad leadership.

15. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

I don't know how it is scummy as hell. I don't know why people expect others to be perfect. What McHale is saying is 100% accurate. I would agree it would be scummy if he was sitting at his house releasing tweets on the subject but that isn't what is happening. McHale is a paid commentator giving accurate on topic analysis on a subject that he himself didn't bring up but is paid to talk about.

kjayp likes this.
  16. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Man, what the hell ever you old, sour, smarmy sonuvabitch studio analyst.

Oh James is taking it personal huh?

Oh James isn't a leader huh? Well you know, except those summer practices and well, 95% of the offense and recruiting players and being available to help his community in good times and bad but other than that...

This guy right here, James Harden, is a superstar. For whatever reason, he's the most **** on star player ever. And when a former colleague goes on national TV to further a narrative of degradation he finally, finally has a sharp response and suddenly he's Mr. Badguy too for hurting po' wittle Kevin's feewings.

He's not a top flight pick. Goes on to star at OKC.
    Oh he's just a 6th man. Leads a major franchise to greater heights.
    Oh he's just a scorer. Most efficient offensive threat ever.
    Oh he's not a PG. leads league in assists after one damn year.
    Oh nobody wants to play with him. Everyone signs here, says James got him there.
    Oh he flops. <- term associated with defense.
    Oh he baits calls. Like that isn't proof no one can guard him.
    Oh he doesn't play defense. Plays better defense every year.
    Oh, well, I've got you now! NOW HE ISNT A LEADER THATS WHY THEY GOT CP3!!!

Yeah, that's a knock on CP too. Like his only attribute is leadership, like he isn't some generational talent. Like someone of his caliber would willynilly sign up with James.

Look around this damn forum, full of "fans" who come here to complain more than anything. As if winning an NBA championship is easy, with all that he did, as out of gas as he was, taking a team who's second best player was who? Beverley? Ariza? Gordon? Toe to toe with Kawhi and pop. And with all that weight crashing down on him, all the negativity he gets for being one of the best around, he failed and the fans here rejoiced in having something to complain about.

Yeah, I can't wait until the only thing left to say about him is oh, he can't win a chip. Because that's what these b****es will say right before he does that too.

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Glenn Taylor and KG didn't shitcan him for all those miserable years at the helm.

18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

exactly

19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

this

suddenly now Harden wasn't the true leader of the rockets all these years? so who was leading them? McHale, JB, MDA, Parsons, Lin, Dwight?

haters here can't even name a single player who could have single handedly carried the rockets farther than James Harden last year

and they act like the Spurs last year was not a vastly superior team compared to the rockets

act like rockets roster around harden last year is a playoffs team. what have RA and Ego done before joining the rockets? act like MDA is a genius coach. what has he done since Nash?

if people gonna blame harden for running out of gas in the 95th game of the season

they better give him credit to for single handedly carrying the rockets until the 95th game of the season coz no other player would have done it

hakeem94, Patience and Dankstronaut like this.
  20. riko

riko Member

actually that was dying down till the ending of game 5 and the entire game 6 against the spurs.