1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TNA wrestling

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by gr8-1, Sep 29, 2006.

1. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

have you seen michelle mccol lately? ...you need to watch SDown Friday!

I guess im a bit over Torrie.

regarding Lita...I refer you to the 4 photos within...

http://www.wwe.com/superstars/raw/lita/2736160/

2. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Are Candice and Stacy still WWE Divas? If so, they blow those 5 away.

3. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Stacy isnt, left a good while ago. But yea she was up there.

Candice I dont rate...call me crazy eh?

4. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

rocks, it's not that I think Joe is a crappy wrestler, it's just, that scowl on his face is silly. Plus, he's a fat ass.

5. VicVictory

VicVictory Member

That fat ass can put on 10x better matches than those steroid freaks in the WWE.

6. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Being fat is overrated. Hell, Big Van Vader looked like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man in a red and black costume, and he could work his butt off if given the opportunity (see some of his Japan stuff). I'd rather watch a Joe or Abyss (who isn't in great shape but he's HUGE) match when they're on then someone like Chris Masters (pre or post roids), HHH, or Scott Steiner. The problem is, Vince made his money off Hulk Hogan, someone who admitted to using steroids. Vince seems to think that the wrestling audience wants to see "larger than life" characters who can't move without straining something wrestle 3-5 minute squash matches than have someone like Chris Benoit, Kurt Angle, or Chris Jericho have a serious run with the title and have 20 minute matches. Look at Jericho's run with the belt. He was booked as a coward and as Stephanie's b**** until they jobbed him out to HHH, who was puffed up from his injury "rehab" and couldn't move around the ring. Benoit was always made out to be the "technical champ" but wasn't given the opportunity to go out and show it except for short feuds with Booker T and Angle. Vince has let the storytelling dominate the athleticism.

The scowl is Joe's gimmick in TNA. He's supposed to be someone who doesn't care about who he's wrestling, he just wants to beat someone up. That's how TNA gets away with swinging him between face and heel as often as they do. Even when he's a heel the fans like him because of his attitude. Kind of like Steve Austin when he first created his "Stone Cold" persona. He was a heel all the way up to his submission match with Bret Hart when they pulled the double switch. But, if memory serves, that was a period of at least a year when he was supposed to be a heel. But the fans loved his "don't care about anyone" attitude.

Unfortunately, TNA's letting Joe stagnate. Like I said, they can't seem to decide what to do with him. Seeing as how Sting's contract is up at the end of the year and he hasn't signed a new one yet, as of right now I see Jarrett beating Sting then moving on to Joe. IF Jarrett's ego doesn't get in the way, he should drop the belt to Joe so they can build to Joe/Angle, most likely as some sort of "mutual respect" angle. However, I'm afraid that Jarrett will want to be the first program for Angle so Joe gets shunted back down the card in favor of Kurt.

Hmm, got a bit carried away. I've been watching wrestling since I was a kid and I'm still a big wrestling fan. I get a bit passionate about it at times.

7. gr8-1

Vader looked more impressive than Joe, imo.

Booker lost to Findlay.

8. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Yeah I saw Finlay beat Booker on Friday. Personally, I'd love it if Finlay won the belt, even on a temporary basis. That has almost no chance of happening though. The only way that could happen is if Vince is so focused on RAW (the "main show") that he doesn't really care what happens on SD!

Batista/Lashley was better than I had been led to believe, but I still wouldn't want to see them wrestle a 20 minute match.

9. gr8-1

Edge does a mean HHH.