1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TNA wrestling

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by gr8-1, Sep 29, 2006.

1. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

I just can't see Edge being subservient to anyone. I like Edge; angry heel role has worked. He was at his best when he was with Christian.

Speaking of Christian, has there ever been a more obvious heel turn than his? He was the worst face of all time.

CM Punk is gettting a major push.

I don't think hhh and hbk have the humility to pass the torch. hbk looks miserable as hhh's little buddy. He's decinitely the #2 guy.

Hogan as a heel wouldn't work right now. He is just an awesome face. Nash in TNA is painful. It just doesnt' seem right.

What happened to Scott Steiner?

IS anyone from the Cheer squad different from the other guys?

I haven't been following, but didn't Lita date Matt Hardy in real life?

Also, please stop jobbing the King.

2. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Or just turn DX heel. I've always found them more entertaining as fullblown heels or at least tweeners. Pardon the pun, but as babyfaces the stable has no edge.

Michaels, Edge, and HHH are all good enough heels to offset whatever negative reaction Cena gets (see Edge making a solidly anti-Cena crowd do a complete 180 a few weeks ago).

Though if they were to add anyone new to DX, I'd prefer Randy Orton. He's young enough to actually looks like he belongs in a stable with that name, and he's got that ******* swagger the original DX brought to the table. He'd need to work on his comedy a little, but it's not like they work with complicated highbrow material...

3. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

not as if wrestling often does - but RKO in DX makes no sense.

he's already been in a stable - remember Evolution - and one including HHH to boot.

at this point in his career it would be counter productive to put Orton in the shadows of a comedy group like DX and play the lackey to H again.

4. gr8-1

aussie, would you agree that hbk is hhh's lackey? I mean, when did that happen? And why does the crowd hate Cena?

5. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

How about Orton being in the Intercontinental title division right now despite winning the World title two years ago and coming off a lengthy feud with the Undertaker? I'd argue that that's a much bigger step back than teaming him with HHH again.

6. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

I don't think the crowd hates Cena so much as how he's being used. The guy has been booked to look practically invincible and to top it off he's really toned his act down to commercialize everything.

A similar thing happened to The Rock a few years ago. His material got stale and the fans got bored with it. He came back a few months later revived with a new heel act and everything was fine.

7. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Ah, it's nice to see a lively pro wrasslin' thread again, even if there is only four or five people carrying it. :D

HHH NEEDS to get back in the WWE Title hunt again. Here's what I think is going to happen.

Edge starts feuding with DX and gets a a tag team match, teaming up with Masters. Masters, of course, is pissed off at DX because of that joke that HHH made about him losing that weight. Cena comes in and helps out DX when Masters and Edge start cheating. DX welcomes Cena in and they feud with Edge and Masters for a little while longer. Then, HHH turns on Cena, ala Randy Orton in Evolution.

All I can say is that if I see one more commercial for The Marine, I'm going to vomit...

8. alexdapooh

alexdapooh Contributing Member

WWE has such stale storylines. They really need to get a completely new creative staff. They are doing a horrible job of building fueds and what not.

Talents like Carlito and Randy Orton are being put to WASTE on Raw. On Smackdown, I'm liking Kennedy and Lashley but this Rey Mysterio/Guerreros crap is tasteless and predicatable. And I don't know what you guys are talking about.. but having Regal and Sharmell saying "ALL HAIL KING BOOKER!" 50 times during his entrance is f'n annoying!!!

Now, Kurt Angle is gone?? Mannnnnn.... WWE is going down the ****ter.
    I'm gonna check out TNA and see if it is any good.. but if not, I think I'm just gonna stop watching altogether

9. Stone Cold Hakeem

Stone Cold Hakeem Contributing Member

I agree a heel DX could be interesting but how would you book them? Aside from John Cena, there really isn't a face on RAW that could be a credible threat to them (plus we've done HHH/Cena). Maybe Carlito.

Heel or face, I can't see DX folding in any new members unless it were Hall and Nash. Unlike Evolution, which was about grooming new stars, DX is all about the Kliq.

I'd like to see them fued with Edge and Orton, old school @ssholes vs the new school @ssholes. Edge and Orton defintely have that nWo/DX vibe about them -- you could even add Johnny Nitro or Shelton Benjamin to the group and have the new Evolution.

Speaking of Shelton Benjamin, they need to reteam him with Charlie Haas.

10. Stone Cold Hakeem

Stone Cold Hakeem Contributing Member

I don't understand why Vince has had such a hard on for jobbing out the Smackdown champs. The last credible champ was Kurt Angle, and his reign only lasted two months.

I understand portraying Booker as the cocky cowardly heel but I don't think he's gotten a single clean pin since he took the title.

11. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Randy Orton, Carlito, Shelton Benjamin, Chris Masters(I guess), and Kane. All decent midcard guys who are now stuck in limbo because

a. none of them are going to get a wwe title push
    b. only one, and maybe 2 of those guys are going to be involved in a fight for the IC title
    c. the tag team belts are worthless

Add in to the mix Edge(if he is pushed out of main event status), and guys that they want to be midcarders (Umaga :rolleyes: , Nitro, Hardy) and there are even more guys with nothing to do except crappy feuds that drag on forever because they can't come up with anything else.

Pair up some of those midcarders into tag teams until they are ready for IC or wwe title pushes and you make the whole show more watchable imo. Hell, even the Big Show/Kane team was okay even though they really had no one to fight against.

That's one of the reasons that I dig TNA. They get that.

12. gr8-1

And not just the fact that it's a clean pin, he was in the 6 man tag match with Regal and Finley, you're telling one of them couldn't get pinned?

Smackdown, if it were me, would turn either Batista or Lashley heel. It would be fun to see those two go at it.

Whatever happened to Rob Conway? That dude was jacked and Ibelieve he went over Matt Hardy cleanly.

Reforming the cliq would be interesting, but who's the leader? And HHH needs to drop the opening schtick of "and for the thousands in attendance........" he doesn't do it as well as Jesse James.

Corny or not, I think the LAX is a good heel group and Conan is good on the mic.

Styles and Daniels are great in ring guys.

Send Umaga to tna so he can shoot on Samoa Joe. That guy is horrible.

btw, I'm 30 years old, lol.

13. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

ok.

my turn to play booker.
    I don't know of Nash's contract situation with NWATNA. Not sure what Hall is doing, but you guys said PR.

Have DX in a match. Have Hall and Nash do some type of run it.

Have DX and nWo work as tweeners.

Have DX recruit some up and coming mid carders. face and heels
    Have nWo recruit some up and coming mid carders. face and heels for them too

Have them battle a little bit.

In a big grand match, have HBK&HHH turn on their guys, while the Outsiders turn on their guys.

reform the kliq.

14. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

possibly the nix for the nWo rumors...? plus some news on Angle in TNA...

link - http://www.prowrestling.com/article/news/1996

WWE Bringing Back The NWO?; More On Kurt Angle/TNA
    Date Added: October 04, 2006
    Story By: Richard Gray
    Source: PWInsider.com

To clear up all of the rumors regarding WWE bringing back the New World Order, the reason for all the mentions of the group on television is to push Eric Bischoff’s Controversy Creates Cash book. As of now, there are no plans to bring back the popular faction. Though it is possible that those plans could change, it is unlikely. One of the reasons that WWE has renewed some of the NWO trademarks could be to sale some of the classic NWO merchandise again. This would make sense due to the recent success in other classic merchandise sales.

TNA management has decided not allow Kurt Angle work independent dates right now in order to give him time to let his body heal. The decision was obviously made to preserve Angle so that they can make exclusive use of his extraordinary talent, while at the same time give him further rehabilitation time for his injuries.

15. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

kinda reminds me of when ECW was reformed during the WWE/WCW war in 2002. That was perfect IMO, that was awesome where all the WWE guy came in to make the save, then turn around and beat the hell out of all of the WWE roster.

then they ruined the night with the formation of the "Alliance" crap crap crap.... :(

16. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Another wrestling thread! Cool!

Booker's being booked as the cowardly heel, much like every other heel champion in WWE history (see: Honky Tonk Man) not named HHH. I thought I would hate the whole "King Booker" schtick, but by golly he's just so earnest in his attempt to pull of the fake accent and the phrases he uses that he grew on me. However, eventually he will have to drop the belt. Dont' know to who, but I have a sneaky suspiscion that it might be Lashley. Batista's push has stalled and apparently the front office people have soured on him a bit because of his lack of moveset.

As for Lashley/Batista, watch this week's Smackdown. They actually wrestle each other. From what I understand, it's not good. You stick two relatively inexperienced power guys in there and the results usually aren't pretty. I'll watch it and see for myself though.

As for TNA, I actually like them more than the WWE right now. Sure Jeff Jarrett is a TERRIBLE champ (and since he's on the booking committee he will be in the championship picture from now until he retires) but TNA's done a fairly decent job of building competition for him. Plus they don't totally disregard/squash their tag teams and cruiserweight (or X) divisions. Considering they do that in half the TV time each WWE brand has, that's impressive. Now that they're apparently getting a two hour show on Spike, I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do.

I'm not a big fan of "racial" gimmicks, but LAX pulls it off better than most. Konnan's a good mouthpiece, and Homicide and Hernandez are a very good mix of power and technique. Plus, the teaming of Daniels and Styles give them a team who can keep up with them.

As for your dissing of Samoa Joe, I could not disagree more. The problem with him is that TNA's not sure what to do with him. Their main event scene is full right now, so he's stuck working a thrown together feud with Raven/Abyss/Spike as a placeholder. Plus, since they've booked Joe as an unstoppable monster, his matches are usually no more than 5 minute squashes. Give him more time and he can work. Look for his Ring of Honor stuff. If you want the "hardcore" or "extreme" stuff, look for his indy work against a guy named Necro Butcher. Messily brutal stuff. If you want to see good stuff of his in TNA, check out the "Best of the X Division" or see if you can find a 6 man tag match he did on one of their primetime specials. Joe/Daniels/Alex Shelley vs. Styles/Austin Aries/Sonjay Dutt. Amazing end to the match, complete with what I like to call "the parade of finishers".

17. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

DX just doesn't work as a tag team in my opinion. I think you've got to add a couple of others. And I guess i'm in the minority since I would rather see them bring back X-pac, Road Dogg, and Billy Gunn instead of recruiting newer members. I know it won't happen but it would be nice.

And a heel turn by DX would make them alot more interesting too.

18. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

anyone catch this weeks Raw. When Melina and Nitro were making their entrance JR advised us that in the current edition of WWE magazine "melina likes 3 way sex" - and went onto add this was the 2 man, 1 woman variety.

i wish this wasnt kayfabe, but of course it is.

the issue i raise is the WWE's desperate attempt at (sexual) shock value. Cant get the wrestling right? ok make sure the women are hot and act like sl*ts.

ecw this week features a strip poker showdown between the divas.

anyway for what its worth, and with Trish gone now, here's my current top 5 active WWE hotties, in my preferred order.

Melina
    Ashley
    Michelle McCool
    Lita
    Torrie

thoughts fellas?

19. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

what happened to Trish? and you have Torrie at the bottom of that list? :eek: She's at least better than Lita and Michelle. hell, even Melina. but especially Lita.

20. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

retired macalu.

ran off to marry some probably undeserving dude and as she put it "smell the roses"