1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TNA wrestling

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by gr8-1, Sep 29, 2006.

1. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

ha ha TNA get it? :rolleyes:

2. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

I watch it occasionallly just to see Big Poppa Pump...HOlla if ya hear me...

3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

If kurt angle is not careful, he's going to break his neck, and be dead and or paralyzed.

it would be a shame too.

4. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

sort of had the idea that Angle was a train off the proverbial tracks since all the neck problems causing him to miss lots of WWE time and the subsequent divorce from his wife - which by all accounts was due to his out of control passion to wrestle, consequences be damned.

i feel bad for the guy and hope he finds happiness outside of wrestling. if he doesnt he's gonna be a bitter old man when his body finally gives out.

5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

exhibit A

Dynamite Kid.

6. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

old school wrestling fans like myself know him better by his real name (which he wrestled under in England,prior to going to WWE) Tom Billington.

point taken. and there are many other similar examples in the wrestling world. and all across sports no doubt.

its sad that some people cant see the importance of family is paramount. And above all else.

7. J DIDDY

J DIDDY Member

tna needs better guys with actual mic skills. i dont get what everyone sees in samoa joe. i mean, even if his in ring abilities are good the guy has zero personality and is a big fat ass. i dont see him becoming the next franchise superstar, like stonecold or the rock.

8. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Yeah, I don't see the mindless pushing of Joe.

Why is the wwe jobbing Chris Masters out? I thought he had potential to be a major heel.

9. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I think he failed a drug test somewhat recently (why he wasn't around for a couple of weeks). IIRC anyway...might have been something else, but I remember him being out for a while, and I'm pretty sure that was the reason.

Plus, he gets no reaction whatsoever from the crowd...no boos or cheers...just silence. Can't really push him if the crowd doesn't react to him.

10. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

yeah Masters has been gone because of a failed drug test. He came back with noticably less muscle mass ala Randy Orton.

Two things that really bug me about raw :

- burying the tag team titles amongst trash.

- not being able to think of other main event matches. Cena vs Edge. Okay, it was alright for a while(mostly because of Edge carrying Cena, surprise surprise). But how many months has it gone on now? And how many months before that was HHH vs Cena? Yawn.

11. RC Cola

I'm kind of hoping that tonight's cage match between the two will end the feud, although they'll probably try to milk out the feud to the next PPV (Survivor Series I think?). I don't really like the rumors of nWo coming back (or some screwed up version of them anyway) and going against DX, but it would be something different from seeing Cena vs Edge # 54 or DX vs McMahons/Spirit Squad/Jobbers #22.

I would like to see some more focus on tag teams too. I thought they were doing that with the Highlanders (thought they would beat the SS and win the titles a while back), but that didn't happen.

Funny how we're talking about Masters and his suspension, and DX mentions it on RAW ("How to lose 50lbs in 4 weeks"). RAW still has some funny (although mostly stupid) moments I guess.

12. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

On the plus side, Jeff Hardy made his return and just won the IC belt from fricking boring ass johnny Nitro (although Melina gets a big pass!)

DX are ok, but not nearly good as last time. Kinda like MJ's last go round. Best when looked at as nostalgia alone.

On the Highlanders, they are as boring as batsh!t and i'm glad they're not champs. And hope they never will be. The only good team is Kendrick and London on SDown. Especially with Ashley in their corner!

Tag teams nowadays are just 2 guys thrown together, and has been like that for years and years...Tag team mystique has well and truly been lost.

13. RC Cola

Yeah, that was a pretty good match and a nice change from the usual (the result anyway). I would prefer to have Carlito or Shelton as IC champ (he's bad on the mic, but he can pull off some nice matches IMO), but Hardy is better than Nitro IMO. Actually, those 4 guys probably put up some of the best parts of RAW lately, at least IMO.

I thought they started off well (all things considered), but things have just gotten really old since then. Same old, same old every week. IMO, they need to move them on to something else (a feud against the "nWo" or something other newly created stable maybe), or just have them turn on each other (maybe have HBK turn on HHH this time...attributing it to his Christian beliefs or something). Basically, any change would be good.

I just wanted them to win just so the SS wouldn't have the belts. The SS seems to just do the dirty work for Vince (or whoever), and never really defended the belts. At least with the Highlanders as champs, they could feud with another tag team (perhaps one more deserving of the belts), while the SS feuded with DX or whatever. Just seemed like a waste to have the belts belonging to them even though they never defended them...plus there's the fact that the tag team belts belong to 5 wrestlers. :)

Of course, until Chryme Time (SP?) debuts, the Highlanders wouldn't really have any other team to feud against AFAIK. Maybe they could reunite the Hardys on RAW too...though that might be a problem now that Jeff is the IC champ...not even sure what Matt is up to on SD (haven't watched it in a while).

14. gr8-1

Already seen hbk vs hhh. And DX needs more members. Also, it's pretty obvious that hhh is the headliner of the group, which is sad, because hbk was the original leader.

Masters looks smaller than Orton now. I've never noticed Orton being smaller. They need to push Orton vs Cena or Cena vs Batista. I think they missed the boat on Batista vs Goldberg or Batista vs Lesnar.

London and Kendrick? Eh. Highlanders get no heat and they seem like a lamer version of the Bushwackers.

Findlay and Regal should never be in a main event, though I do like the King and his court thing.

I like aj Styles and Daniels, though I think they're both bad on the mic. Daniels is waaaaay too corny. Also, what is the big deal about Bobby Rude?

Who would be in the new nwo?

15. RC Cola

True, although it has been a while IIRC. I'm just basically reaching out for things that would be better than what is going on now, which is stuff we're seeing week after week (as opposed to recycling things from months/years ago...hey, apparently they expect us to forget that HHH and Cena hated each other not that long ago). Plus, I think it would be kind of interesting if HBK was the one who turned on HHH this time around, possibly using his new faith in God as a way to start the fued.

That's another thing I wished was addressed, but I kind of gave up on it. I was kind of hoping maybe Edge (with Lita), Carlito, or some of the younger guys joined in on the group, but it seems like the WWE didn't want that. IIRC, DX wasn't supposed to be around for very long, so I guess that explains things.

Not really a fan of Orton (kind of boring in the ring, plus his issues outside of the ring), so I'd rather he not get pushed into main events for the championship belt with Cena. I haven't really seen much of Batista since he went to SD, so can't really comment on him. That might be interesting, assuming he can stay healthy. He probably needs to stay on SD though unless they can get someone to replace him.

I read something about Jericho saying he would come back to the WWE sometime, he's just really busy right now (apparently losing in the first round of shows like Celebrity Duets). If he came back, that would be awesome. That might make for an interesting feud with Cena for the belt. Cena being a heel might be a nice change too. I actually like him a bit as a heel, but I doubt the WWE will want him to be one anytime soon (especially with his movie coming out soon).

Yeah, the couple of times I do watch SD, it is to watch King Booker. Booker T is one of my favorite wrestlers, and I'm glad he's getting some spotlight put on him (albeit on SD, which I rarely watch).

I'd be surprised if the WWE could get anyone that was of any significance to the old nWo to be a part of the new nWo (assuming they do create it). Hogan is too old (and probably wants too much money), Kevin Nash is in TNA (as are some of the other members of the nWo), Scot Hall is probably drunk somewhere (and too old anyway), Macho Man is too old and probably not on good terms with the McMahons, etc. I guess they could just put random guys together, have Bischoff head it, and call them the nWo. It doesn't really make much sense, but I've read rumors about them considering it for a while now.

16. gr8-1

Edge in DX would be awkward.

17. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

yeah and as a heel it just wouldnt work.

Dont know if your aware though that Lita's contract is up soon, I believe November, but it could be years end. And from what i've heard she's definetely leaving. I believe mostly because she hasnt liked they way she's been portrayed (a sl*t basically).

either way that leaves Edge on his own again...where they take his character after that will be interesting.

18. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Well.

Don't be a slut.

Don't be cheating on your boyfriend.

19. Stone Cold Hakeem

Stone Cold Hakeem Contributing Member

Interestingly enough, Hogan reportedly approached Vince McMahon recently about working another match (Survivor Series; Wrestlemania). Kevin Nash's contract with TNA expired about 2 months ago. Scott Hall has been training down Puerto Rico for another comeback (all of this according to 411Mania.com). Bischoff is back on TV promoting his new book and has made alluded to the fact DX owes its existance to the nWo. Things that make you go hmmmm......

If the nWo were to return, I can't imagine it would be with any other than the original three; otherwise, there wouldn't be any point in recycling the nWo name. Even then, we've already seen the matches in varying permutations -- both during Hall & Nashes original run, then during their return in 2002; the only difference here would be the gimmick (DX vs nWo).

I would be much more interested in a Kliq reunion than anything else, perhaps a fued between the Kliq and 4 up & coming WWE'rs (Cena/Hardy/Carlito...I can't even think of any other potential ME's on RAW) where the WWE'rs go over, signifying a passing of the guard.

Also, Smackdown! is infintely superior to RAW, it ain't even close. All hail King Booker.

20. RC Cola

Yeah, for Edge to be in DX, they probably would have needed to adjust his character a bit prior to DX debuting (or him joining...whatever). Probably wouldn't take too much time to do that though (especially since it seems like a lot of the Cena haters were kind of used to liking Edge during that feud). IIRC, when HHH fought Cena at WM this year (back in April), he was a heel (probably the biggest and most hated one at WWE...can't remember). The next couple of weeks, he started becoming more of a tweener, and at Backlash, he kind of started transitioning to the DX HHH we have now. For Edge to join DX, he probably needed to drop the Cena feud a LONG time ago, and probably end up feuding with someone else (Orton maybe...like a #1 contender setup or something). Have him be the face, making fun or Orton or whatever (just as long as he doesn't insult the crowd like he did in Montreal). Not sure how to get him in DX though, unless the McMahons sided with Orton or something.

Yeah, it probably wouldn't be all that easy to get Edge in DX, and it would require a bit of a change in character as well as Edge dropping a few notches in the totem pole (main-event status to maybe IC level or something in DX...maybe tag team champion status if they could have gotten him a good partner). HHH kind of pulled it off, although he's still pretty much at the top of the food chain (he might not have the belt, but DX vs the McMahons is probably a bigger story than whoever the WWE champion is).

In any case, Edge would be difficult to incorporate into DX. The other guys I listed might be better.

Yeah, I guess that's true. I'm somewhat skeptical about Hogan being able to do anything long-term (although this probably wouldn't be that long-term). I hadn't been paying attention to TNA and thought Kevin Nash was still there. Reading into it some more, I guess there certainly would be high possibility that if the nWo would be recreated in the WWE, Kevin Nash and Scott Hall could certainly do the job. Bischoff seemed like the only one that could promote it, but I guess those guys can too.

I like that idea. Though as you said, RAW might need another younger main eventer to have the feud work. Maybe they can finally break up the SS and get one of them to be a face (Kenny maybe...might be too early for that though). Or maybe Eugene, but have him use a different character. Either case would probably require at least a couple of weeks to setup those guys though.

I wouldn't doubt it, especially at this point. RAW has been pretty boring the last couple weeks or so. I'd probably watch more of SD if I made myself watch it a couple of weeks in a row. Back when SD started, I didn't get to watch it since I didn't have UPN. Friday evenings aren't really a good time for me, so I'm not used to checking out SD every week and trying to figure out the different storylines and characters. I'm surprised I'm still keeping up with ECW (which is also better than RAW IMO, at least at this point).