1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TNA wrestling

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by gr8-1, Sep 29, 2006.

1. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Anyone watch this crap. It is sooooooooooooooo corny. Jeff Jarrett punks both LexLuger and Bagwell? How lame. And they had a press conference with Jim Cornette?

They've got great athletes, but the scripting is so horrible.

2. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I am suprised anybody watches any type of wrestling anymore. It's all terrible.

3. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

yea wrestling blows. ever since wcw merged with wwf its been downhill. who can keep track of all these clowns anymore.

Wrestling peaked when Stone Cold Steve Austin was champ. After that....*makes a fart sound*

4. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i caught the part where they said Kurt Angle would be an enforcer. uh, when did Angle go to TNA? and why?

5. gr8-1

I used to watch because it was interesting. Now I watch because I find it so loathsome. I think the audience has been cut in half since wcw was bought by Vince.

6. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

he just signed with them last week and was their major announcment last sunday at their No Surrender PPV. Angle was released by the WWE from what it sounds like he was addicted to pain killers. Vince McMahon didn't want to deal with another death tragedy and just released him to "rethink" his life, but ended up signing with TNA. I just hope Angle doesn't follow in the footsteps of Eddie Gurrero and Brian Pillman. Hopefully TNA will keep a close eye on him and not take him for gratned.

7. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I never really got into TNA, but that's mostly because I never gave it much of a chance. I might do that now with Angle there...though I said the same thing when Sting went to TNA too.

8. macalu

damn, that's sad. Angle's one of my favorite performers.

9. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Does Jeff Jarrett own TNA? Is he still the champ and will he ever lose?

10. macalu

he's certainly the better alternative to "No Speak" Samoan Joe.

11. VicVictory

VicVictory Member

Are you serious? JJ is the reason I never got into TNA. He's been their champ or main events since TNA was soley on PPV Weekly show. Samoa Joe on the other hand, knows how to put on a great match. If there is one thing that TNA does better than WWE, it's putting on better wrestling matches. They have so many good talent but don't know how to use them. They give all the shine to the old guys like Steiner, Sting and Jarret.

12. Ognilecaf

Ognilecaf Member

I heard Angle was suppose to fight Brock Lesnar in an official MMA match

13. macalu

i don't like JJ as much as you do. I just don't buy Samoan Joe as champion. I don't care for TNA either way but at least have a champion with personality or some muscle definition who looks like he belongs in the ring. The guy is a fat ass.

14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I used to LOVE wrestling back in the Raw vs. Nitro days. Both shows peeked when Austin was fueding with McMahon on Raw and the NWO was wreaking havoc on Nitro.

I'll never forget Austin visiting McMahon at the hospital and hitting him on the head with a bedpan. :D

I loved it when Raw and Nitro were on at the same time and they were always trying to outdo eachother. It made both shows better. Once WWF took over WCW, it was just never the same.

15. alexdapooh

alexdapooh Contributing Member

Kurt Angle is going to be TNA champion in a matter of months... book it. He's too talented NOT to be champion.. he was probably pissed that WWE stuck him on ECW (with crap on their roster) and just had him destroy random jobbers every week.

Since I heard of this news, I'm going to start watching TNA now... beforehand, I still watched WWE every once in awhile but I hate seeing "The Rated R Superstar" Edge battle John Cena feud every week... they both freakin suck. Also, DX has been going at it with the McMahons + Spirit Squad (wtf..) for too long now... it's been at least like 4 months

16. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

TNA > WWE right now imo.

only thing holding TNA back right now is the short 1 hour shows. They have too many characters to shrink into a 1 hour timeslot.

17. brentdapmp

brentdapmp Member

This is why the TNA signing of Kurt Angle pissed me off. He was supposed to be considering going to MMA where an olympic wrestler needs to be. I would love to see him in PRIDE or the UFC. With this signing I doubt that will ever happen now. :(

18. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I think Angle will be trying to do both TNA and MMA...read that somewhere.

19. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Jeff Jarrett sucks and he'll always be in the title picture. Terrible. I love Angle but there aren't a whole lot of intriguing matchups for him in TNA. TNA should just drop all the steroided rejects and roll with the X Division anyway, but that would be too fun to watch I guess.

Now they've hired Vince Russo. See ya.

20. gr8-1

Sting is old. I was kind of sad seeing Jarrett beat up both Luger and Bagwell. Makes me feel old, even though I'm younger than all parties.

I will say that the matches are better in TNA, very innovative moves. But all the characters look the same, and they are corny on the mic.

Samoa Joe just makes me laugh. He's really not that impressive looking. Probably 6'1" 300 pounds. Really soft.

And, I knew Christian was better as a heel for sure.

The DX thing is pathetic too. Those guys have a combined age of 80, time to give it up.

wwe needs to do a Batista vs Cena angle or bring back Goldberg/Lesnar.