1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TMZ: Kobe Bryant killed in helicopter crash

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by justtxyank, Jan 26, 2020.

1. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

The fact you ignored the sentiment I expressed when I quoted you prior says a lot. You're out of line.Taking a shot at a dead man for something awful he did. At this time. Is beyond words. I'm done replying.

Bearded13 likes this.
  2. TheresTheDagger

3. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

OMG WTF **** 2020

4. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

his daughter died too??? Oh my god...I’m at loss of words. Parent should never bury his child, ever. My condolences to family

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  5. MONON

MONON Member

My bad! I didn't read the whole thread.

Nook likes this.
  6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

She said what she said
    I heard what I heard

Rocket River
    *MFers!!!*

7. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

im with you in principle on this. Grief is for the living. And people are dying in worse ways all the time. We don’t usually give those the same air time as Kobe and that’s unfortunate. But I think the public response has less to do with whether he was more or less worthy of our grief than 99.9% of the “normal” people that die an untimely death each day. And more to do with how his death is a unifying moment of grief. For most, death is theoretical until it happens to someone close to you. And when it does, it can be one of the most lonely and isolating experiences. Kobe’s death is a reminder that death touches us all without any prejudice. And we can all be hit with that sobering reminder together and not feel so alone in that realization. There are more important things in this life than sports. More than even life and death.....

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The chopper looks too heavy to lift off, heavy bird.

If true, 9 people?! Holymoly.

#449 daywalker02, Jan 26, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  9. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

daywalker02 likes this.
  10. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

At least around Germany, you can hardly find a village without a monument to their WW1 and WW2 dead. Looking around, counting houses, and comparing that to the sheer number of names "Todt" is sobering.

We've really been fortunate in the US to not have the human toll that so many European countries have suffered.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Small planes also dun have a good track record.

12. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Your use of "dun" in place of don't or do not is annoying af. Are you trying to be funny or just sound dumb?

13. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Don't argue with these idiots. He was NOT convicted of anything. This is these scumbags projecting their personal hatred towards a man they don't know. Kobe did lots of charitable work & was active in Los Angeles communities. RIP Black Mamba

Bearded13, RustyHarden and JW86 like this.
  14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Here are the last communications between the helicopter pilot and air traffic control. It's the top entry on the page

https://www.liveatc.net/recordings.php

Unless you're a pilot it won't make much sense to you but I did pick up that they had been holding due to IFR conditions, meaning they needed to rely on instruments to get to their destination rather than being able to see where they were going.

Yung-T likes this.
  15. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kobe had a long habit of flying his own helicopter, apparently. Statistically, the risk of death exceeds the risk of death from motorcycle riding, hour over hour. Not literal Russian roulette, but not the safest choice, either.

Nook and Hakeemtheking like this.
  16. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Nope, nice try

17. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

so just bc kobe's family has a lot of money they should be fine?? how much more shallow can you be?
    kobe has his faults and made mistakes but everyone does. at least he wasn't afraid of being himself, unlike that current lakers frontman wearing 23.

kobe obviously loved the game, but he worked harder than anyone. even as a hater i could respect how much work he put into his craft.

but somehow, working hard and making money is suddenly something to be frowned upon? are we now not supposed to work hard to make a better living? this jealousy complex around the world is perplexing.

and no amount of money is going to replace how much loss that family will have to deal with for a lifetime.

fckbandwagons likes this.
  18. Mr. Space City

Lmfao why did the fertittas have to put thier name in the tweet.

19. Newlin

Newlin Member

Damn. Difficult times for the NBA. First Parsons and his traumatic brain injury, then Delonte West, and now Kobe.