1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TMZ]James Harden went to the strip club at 1:45 AM after OT loss

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Scionxa, Jan 19, 2016.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

In the initial post in that thread you literally said "the Rockets would be fools to resign him."

2. jae713

jae713 Member

If that were me, I'd be dead in a week from an OD or some kind of STD. I think the hate is somewhat warranted, but it's his life. Can't blame him.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The sadder part is he most likely willl drag down Morey and has dragged down McHale the coach.

I know Houston is not NY or LA where they would not tolerate these behavior when the results were less than favorable.

4. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Would you trade Harden for the #1 pick? (Ben Simmons) - roll the dice on a unproven talent who some say will be a superstar or try to get another disgruntled star not working on another team? (Love)

5. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Pretty sure someone asked Van Gundy about Tmac and Jeff didn't say the nicest things about Tracy's work ethic.

He may not have been seen out clubbing but he also wasn't seen on the court all that much either. Tmac quit on the team before, avoided leading this team a few years in, and used injuries as an excuse for way too long, even opting for surgery to avoid being traded, which would have helped this team.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I guess you mean Adelman. JVG was the guy defending Tmac to his last breath

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Yeah, because I think that he will command max money - if you want to continue that post, then by all means - do it. My opinion has not changed there, but my op about Harden is in the tank.

DD

8. syn

syn Member

THIS IS PATHETIC.

I'm a die-hard Rocket fan and an NBA nerd. Harden has been my favorite player in the Association since he got traded to our team; and deservedly so due to his stellar play. But like many of you, the abysmal efforts displayed this season by our players has made Rockets basketball unbelievably difficult to watch. At least in the rebuilding years, I was able to have a resemblance of pride in my hard-working team.

I don't care if we suck. As long as the players are actually laying it all out there to win and trying to better themselves. I don't care if Harden is 26. He's not 21. It's time to grow up. Doing this crap in the offseason is one thing, doing it in the middle of the season when you're struggling as a fringe team looking for answers - is another. Harden's priority last night should've been getting a good nights sleep and getting back to the drawing board. I'm tired of having false hope. He doesn't have the killer mentality that we all wish he had. He's a BUM. Albeit, a very talented bum.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

No. People on this forum just ignore any fact that goes against the point they're trying to make.

An article a bunch of years ago came out highlighting mcgradys talent and Van Gundy praised him for being one of the most gifted, but definitely pointed out his lack of practice and work ethic.

10. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

J J Watt has to be jealous. Harden makes more money, takes less physical punishment, and still gets to live the baller life. J J can't really date anyone, and has to sleep on a mattress behind some file cabinets at the training facility during training camp (see Hard Knocks).

11. watashi315

watashi315 Member

There is inherently nothing wrong with a 26-year old man going to a strip club after work. I mean, what you do during your off hours is your personal business. But Harden is no ordinary 26-year old man. He's a star, a celebrity, and a public figure. Furthermore, he's an All-World athlete that's being paid big bucks to bring wins to a team, the ultimate benchmark for athletic success. And that is where Harden has failed this season. Just like when ordinary people failed to perform at a consistent level in our jobs, we get demoted, no promotion, fired, laid off, lose our year-end bonus, etc; professional athletes are no different. If you can't perform at a high level, you get traded, benched, demoted to the D-League, etc.

So when your team, who went to the WC Finals last year, is bordering on .500 halfway through the season, the leader needs to take the blame for this. It's not okay to go partying at the strip club after a tough loss. It's not okay to out drinking the night before a game. Hit the gym and practice, game-prep by watching tapes, do workouts, get some rest, etc. I'm so sad we have this kind of athlete as our leader. It's deplorable.

12. joeson332

joeson332 Member

when you're 21-20, having a year full of dull games and the status this man is on right now, it's an embarassment to himself, this organization and to all of us who have defended this man from all the critics and social media online experts.
    Truly pathetic.

13. gambingo

gambingo Member

Rinse and repeat......

14. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I don't know why people on this forum try to bring up mcgrady as a positive example. He use to be my favorite player, but I can admit that he didn't lead us to anything, and had the wrong attitude and really softened up after dropping a few playoff series leads.

Im surprised people don't refer to Yao as setting a good example when they refer to those years. That guy played his heart out, he's the one who's career was actually derailed by injuries.

1 person likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ok. Allen Iverson never practiced but he got his ways to stay fit.

Maybe Jeff told the media otherwise after he left the Rockets.

Tmac wasn't the hardest of workers but he worked enough to stay relevant or an allstar for 7, 8 years.

He did defend most of the time, he cruised in regular season games like Dwight and Harden but when Yao was injured he picked it up.

16. joeson332

joeson332 Member

no...

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

In strip club context that's pretty gross.

18. Caesar

Caesar Member

Really? And saying T-Mac tanked and faked injuries is a fact? No. It's all an assumption from angry fans who ignore the very real and likely possibility that he was indeed ****ing INJURED given how he was already falling apart before that and how he never regained after that. Fans have made it seem like he paid a doctor to give him unnecessary career ending surgery just to not be traded.

19. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Michael Jordan apparently used to go on late night party sessions all the time.

Harden isn't Jordan but let the guy live his life.

1 person likes this.
  20. Caesar

Caesar Member

He's not being brought up as a positive example. He's mostly being brought up as a warning. But, T-mac was never this bad.