1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TMZ]James Harden went to the strip club at 1:45 AM after OT loss

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Scionxa, Jan 19, 2016.

1. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

This. How stupid those fans who said it's not big deal...

2. dmoneybangbang

Lol...

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Game ended at 10:40 pm PST.
    Showers and interviews 45 min = 11:25 pm
    Bus leaves 11:45 pm
    Airport drive 40 minutes = 12:30 am
    Security and board chartered plane = 1:30 am
    3 hour flight = 4:30 am
    lose two hours PST to CST = 6:30 am

And you expect them to practice today?

Hell, I'm surprised Harden was able to do interviews, shower, change, get dinner and make it to the club by 1:45 am.

4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

that's actually mostly not true, I know because I used to try to get autographs when they are in Toronto.

Basically when a team doesn't have a back to back game the next day, they typically go back to their hotels and stay for the night and then fly in the morning. Dragging them to the airport at midnight is usually never done unless there is another game the very next day.

5. onreego

onreego Member

Pretty much this. Teams generally only practice when they have longer breaks between games. Shoot around is a different story and I'm sure those don't start until after noon especially after a west coast game.

6. Fantasma Negro

Much ado about nothing. Would you guys trip this hard if you found out your doctor went to the strip club after a tough night in the ER? Or if your account hit the strip club after he was unable to get you back the maximum refund? Stop acting like yall wouldn't trick off if you were rich. You guys behave as if you're on the clock at all times, he's a guy with a job. He got off work late after a rough night and wanted to hit the strip club to blow off some steam, give the a guy a break, you wanna cheer for a team of wholesome players move to Utah cause I heard even J.J is a savage with women

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Like I said before, athletes with a psychotic work ethic like Kobe or Watt value 8+ hrs of sleep on par with their workouts.

Watt, a bachelor multi millionaire superstar goes to bed at 8pm. That requires some serious will power. Harden just didn't have that level of will power. I'm sure his diet is **** also.

#287 fchowd0311, Jan 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  8. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Watts fake as ****. Seriously Houston needs to wake up.

9. lionaire

lionaire Member

If we had won and Harden played well would this have been an issue? Does he not deserve to see some azz and t*tties since we lost?

10. fchowd0311

"Deserve"? Is it his basic human right to do as he pleases? Sure. Does that entail being immune to looking like an athlete with little dedication to his craft? No.

11. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

i think people would like to know that their star player, in the midst of a maddeningly inconsistent year on a team performing far below expectations, is reflecting after the game about how to turn it around rather than getting drunk whilst paying young women to dance for him

but maybe that's just me. there's something missing inside the guy if he needs to spend this much time at strip clubs.

hang out with your teammates instead of trifles at the club.

back up all that mess you talk. your off-court game sucks bro.

12. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Well what happened last year??

13. ibm

ibm Member

how's watt a fake? that's news to me.

care to explain a little?

14. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Every time there's adversity James hides in strip clubs. I guess that's his way of dealing with it.

15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Are we sure he was getting drunk??

16. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

So on the one hand we bash James Harden playing lazy and no effort, and on the other hand we say it's fine for Harden to stay up in strip club?

17. fchowd0311

A stringent off-season regiment from a no bull**** coach.

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

is it so hard to believe that there are two different scales: one being natural skill and athleticism two effort to get better.

wherever they meet is where they meet.

19. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

JJ hasn't been playing like crap. if a doctor went to the strip club after losing patients in the ER, yes i'd question that doctor's commitment and responsibility. imagine this doctor does really great work some nights, but most nights he and his staff lose most of their patients. and this doctor keeps partying at strip clubs. i'd hope that i never need that doctor.

it's not that he is "on the clock" at all times, players aren't paid hourly. they are paid yearly. so his obligation to his employer does extend before and past game time.

its one thing when you're losing. but when you're laying eggs every night and you're not a damn hen, it's a problem

20. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

No. Do people enjoy strip clubs sober? Seems extra sad