1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TMZ] James Harden partying after last night's game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dicksont, May 12, 2017.

1. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

Yes, the optics and timing of this probably look bad in the eyes of the average Joe.

But...

This.

After a disastrous day, some people are strongly compelled to quickly do something or go somewhere to try and get their mind off of it. Whether it's a stiff drink, dancing at the club or even Netflix or video games with friends. That's just how some people cope and unwind.

That said, Harden definitely has maturity issues on and off the court...I don't think he's grown up much since his Thunder days.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

you may be right about Kobe and Lebron (they don't do lots of clubbing anyway) but Jordan was a notorious partier/drinker. Jordan use to pound 6 packs after games lol. Who knows what else he did since cellphones weren't around. Bird was a heavy drinker too. Now obviously i'm not comparing Harden to MJ, but professional athletes and partying go hand in hand. This is nothing surprising. Hell, the Spurs got bounced in the playoffs vs the Clippers after 7 games. They hit up the club and got wasted and everybody just chalked it up as a team building exercise lmao

i don't think its that crazy to go out and get your mind off things after having a bad day. Why is that so wrong?

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The Spurs or Jordan never lost an elimination game by 39 points.

This game wasn't a tough loss, bad day at the office. It's like showing up to your big presentation late, drunk and completely unprepared.

Go out to blow off steam after something like that is just trying to disconnect from reality. Soaking in MVP chants after you **** the bed at home is not addressing reality.

Again, I don't care. I just won't ever look at Harden as a championship caliber player. He's an all-star that loves to have a good time. Lots of those out there.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I would party too.

This won't be the last time.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

People in here and out there care too much about Harden.

The positives outweigh the negatives and he is an Allstar and probably Top 5 player but has major flaws.

robgue likes this.
  6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Weak,

Harden got nothing on Steve partying with himself!

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

100% and i bet you any money Harden is more mature than any of cf fans.

Angkor Wat likes this.