1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TMZ] James Harden partying after last night's game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dicksont, May 12, 2017.

1. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

OK, let me see if I understand this.

You've been sent pics and vids of Harden partying during the series but 'won't be the one to post them publicly bc that's not necessary' to you.

So instead you'll login to a message board and make several rant posts about it because, evidently, that is necessary to you???

Seems legit.

Carry on...

#101 Richie_Rich, May 12, 2017
    Last edited: May 12, 2017
    bobloblaw, gatsby, Angkor Wat and 3 others like this.
  2. Lightsnowaction

All I can do is laugh LOL

3. hakeemthagreat

Quit on your team in a elimination game then go partying?

Get this guy outta Houston Les!!

BigShasta likes this.
  4. lionaire

lionaire Member

I remember couple years ago when the Tim Duncan and the rest of those guys when out after the loss, it was seen in a positive way. But Harden does it and "he gave up on his team", "would rather go party" etc.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  5. fattz

fattz Member

Why not the season is over? Should he go home and kick the dog? It is over. He was asked to do to much over the season as whole, time catches all of us. He gave it all to get us here. When one truly give it all there is nothing left because it already given. That is what happened in San Antonio overtime and he didn't recover for last night's game. It is on the coach and his 7 man rotation.

6. lionaire

lionaire Member

Nah man, he's supposed to home and cry, write a letter to clutchfans asking them to stop making "trade Harden" threads and go to the gym to work on his game :rolleyes:

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

"Harden was out partying and I have all this proof, but I won't reveal any of it so u should believe in my hearsay instead"

8. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

and it was to the clippers in the first round LOL

lionaire likes this.
  9. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I personally don't care about James going out last night -- the optics just aren't good. If I lost a huge case at work, I probably wouldn't feel like going to sit at home and wallow in it either. The cameras are the difference. Perhaps not fair, but just the reality of celebrity.

HakeemOnlyFan and Richie_Rich like this.
  10. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

I'm on the fence about this.

It all comes down to how the season ended. If you fought your ass off, stuck it out in the trenches with your team, gave an inspired effort but fell short in an elimination game? OK, fine. You can walk out of Toyota Center with your chin up and self-respect intact. More importantly, you have something concrete to build off of in the offseason with recruiting elite FAs, rounding out the roster with true bigs, adding new wrinkles to the offense, etc. So if you want to let off some steam at a club, cool. No issues whatsoever.

OTOH, if you sulk after an epic meltdown in OT (game 5) and decide to pull a Kobe 2.0 by refusing to impose your will and instead quit on your teammates, on your coach, on your city... well.

Let's just say partying hours after a gutless performance in a postseason elimination game... probably not the best look.

I love Harden and his recommitment last offseason... just don't know how I can go on defending him.

#110 Richie_Rich, May 12, 2017
    Last edited: May 12, 2017
    malakas and Torn n Frayed like this.
  11. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

LeBron most certainly partied after playoff loss when he was young..!!! Ok What year and which playoffs series since your are sure..??
    And for God's sake don't give me that young Bullshit, at the age of 27 LeBron had already reached the finals twice and became an NBA champion.
    I have been big harden supporter every since he got here but his abysmal performance last night was probably one of the most embarrassing performances in houston sports history, the guy had unbelievable year and he is the MVP in my books over wb but ******* I was extremely disappointed in him last night.

12. fattz

fattz Member

Why do you need to defend him? Who are you defending him from? Is he in danger?

13. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Calm down folks. The real disappointment was on court. I don't care what Harden does to get his mind off the loss. It will be weighing on him all summer. He's human. Let him be.

14. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Jordan, Pippen, Oakley, Ewing, Barkley, these guys were partying it up night in, night out.

Let the on court performance speak for itself. We don't need to be digging in the weeds.

bobloblaw likes this.
  15. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Defending him from my in-laws (Warrior fans) because I live in CA.

But now I guess I'm defending him from myself. Last night's showing was unfathomable -- especially after the incredible season he had. Whatever. Maybe this stinker will all be forgotten after a few months.

Time will tell.

bulkatron likes this.
  16. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I dgaf what he does in his off hours - as long as he is ready and able to give 100% when he steps on the court...

he wasn't....

Richie_Rich likes this.
  17. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

And how many of those guys mailed it in during an elimination game?

Little Bit and HakeemOnlyFan like this.
  18. SemisolidSnake

*looks at video* Clearly devastated.

Little Bit and malakas like this.
  19. J.R.

J.R. Member

I care as much about this as James did about last night's game.

;)
    [​IMG]

20. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Did he mail it or did he have nothing to give?

Anyway, we can all get upset with what we saw on the court. I think that's fair as a fan.

But I couldn't care less about what he does off the court the night after his season ended.