1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TMZ] James Harden partying after last night's game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dicksont, May 12, 2017.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You think Warren Buffet, Steve Jobs, Bill Gates or any great person in their field doesn't take work home with them? To be the best takes sacrifice. Harden isn't willing to sacrifice and that's ok. He can do what he wants but that makes him less than great. He's not a Championship caliber player.

#21 REEKO_HTOWN, May 12, 2017
    Last edited: May 12, 2017
    Dopamine, Richie_Rich and malakas like this.
  2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

These stories are always so dumb.

Yes, I want my superstar going home and crying in a ball on the floor.

LonghornFan and J Sizzle like this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol definitely not surprised. he's been out all week before last nights game. so sad how someone can't even put a few days to the side while putting their entire focus on the task at hand.

5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I'm sure Harden is compartmentalizing that anger. I don't think anyone can accuse of Harden of not working hard enough. He's one of the top players in the league. All we know is it takes more than one man to build a great pyramid to the top. I'm sure the players will be working extra hard in the gym after some time off here.

Os Trigonum and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

hes a really good player but he's no true alpha or champion. if people are good with that then that's fine but he's definitely not the "star" I'll be supporting as I've done throughout most of the year

Richie_Rich and jump shooter like this.
  7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thank goodness there is zero evidence Harden actually did that.

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Oh man. We're comparing Harden to Steve Jobs because he wasn't practicing basketball at midnight the night after the season ended.

Clutchfans is incredible right now

el gnomo, bigred77 and LonghornFan like this.
  9. Newlin

Newlin Member

I don't think it would have hurt for him to wait one day before starting the party. Sure, it's his free time, but he knew he would be seen and people would talk. It's just in his own best interest to skip the clubs immediately after such a horrendous performance. I get it, he doesn't care what people think, and it's really not a big deal. But, now we have national media talking about this, and it just gives ammunition to all his critics.

This summer we will be chasing free agents again, and I wonder if Hardens reputation as a party animal could work against us.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Looks like it was more of a concert that he was enjoying, enjoying seeing his friend Travis Scott perform.

Not sure why anyone would make a big deal of this, the season is over. He just finished playing PG and Center for the Rockets, give the guy a night of amusement.

11. rockets13champs

i dont mind harden doing this. Everyone needs a way to blow off steam. He needs to relax himself learn from this and start fresh in october

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

You think Warren Buffet got rich going to Travis Scott concerts?????

13. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Would have been worse if he did it prior to game 6... this is ok. I don't expect him to sit around at home alone and drown away the sorrow.

14. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Fire Harden. Really, I don't care what he does after games, or after a gag job :). But It would be a problem if he was partying with Spurs after the game.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

hes partied with him plenty in the days before.

he gave us a night of amusement last night when he showed up to play like a complete scrub in probably the biggest game of his career thus far against a team without their best player and starting pg.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I feel for you guys and love the loyalty you show towards Harden. I'm loyal to the team and have watched this guy play basketball on it for 5 years. I've seen enough and hear the same excuses every time.

As the saying goes, if it walks like a duck talks like a duck it's probably a duck.

Little Bit and Hakeemtheking like this.
  17. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Ridiculous! Harden should be taking jump shots until his arms fall off. And then keep trying to shoot after that!

Fire Murray!

We need to tip something over!

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You know what's funny about this though? NBA players do crap like this all throughout the postseason. The Warriors were just complaining about Utah and how boring it is, I mean think about that.

Proof?

19. sushimaster

sushimaster Member

i jus dont giv a shizzz anymore....Harden you broke my heart man....you broke my heart.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He has a right to go out and blow off steam.

But, I can't help but think most all time greats would not have been doing this, Harden is who he is....a great player - but may not have that inner fire to ever be an all time great.

DD

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.