1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TMZ]Harden named in police report after Alleged Nightclub Fight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zeeshan2, Aug 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

Only thing I can say is: Do you want party drink a little wine party, Have a funky party..Party Party

burlesk likes this.
  2. BackdoorHarden

Doesn't this happen every summer?

RudyTBag likes this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

He seemed pretty dedicated last summer.

4. BackdoorHarden

Yea, but he still got sued last summer by Moses Malone Jr for robbery. I haven't heard anything since, so I'm guessing this is another non-event.

James just puts himself in position to be sued every year by going to clubs.

Every is going to try to sue you when you're worth $300 millions even if you're just sitting there watching booty.

5. BackdoorHarden

I mean, this happens all the time to Harden! His wing men needs to protect him better! Where's his off court version of ARIZA and TUCKER??? GOT TO PROTECT THAT $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Everyone is going after $300 million man Harden.

I'm surprised we haven't seen lawsuit from p*rn Stars and Strippers in regards to STD like Michael Vick or whatever name Vick was using. What name was Vick using anyway? Can't remember

"Harden’s unwillingness to settle could reflect a number of points. One is that, through statements made by his attorney, Harden insists that the allegations are completely bogus. Harden believes that he has been named in the civil lawsuit merely to serve as a “deep pocket”—a party who has the financial wherewithal to pay a sizable judgment and, as a result, becomes the target of an opportunistic plaintiff. Consider Harden’s co-defendants. They include a prison inmate, a closed strip club and three others whose financial backgrounds are not known. If Malone intends to recover a million dollars, getting that money would likely need to come through Harden.

https://www.si.com/nba/2017/12/21/james-harden-lawsuit-moses-malone-jr-rockets-adidas

6. BackdoorHarden

A photographer named David Flores filed a lawsuit against James Harden on Friday, accusing the NBA star of breaking his finger during an alleged altercation outside of a Los Angeles nightclub last year. The paparazzo is suing for lost earnings and seeking punitive damages for negligence, assault, battery and emotional distress.

Flores claims in his lawsuit that he was trying to interview Harden outside of a Hollywood lounge at around 2 a.m. in May 2016 when the Houston Rockets player “angrily smacked [him] on the hand while he was holding a camera,” resulting in a broken finger. The plaintiff goes on state that his injury resulted in both physical and mental anguish, and prevented him from working for several weeks. Flores further contends he may be permanently disabled.

https://wjlbdetroit.iheart.com/cont...-for-allegedly-breaking-photographers-finger/

7. BackdoorHarden

"Houston Rockets star James Harden doesn't take lightly to being told he's Kobe Bryant's b**** -- so says a Lakers fan in L.A., who just sued the NBA player after Harden allegedly punched him for the diss.

According to the lawsuit, Harden was on his way out of Greystone Manor nightclub in West Hollywood November 3rd -- riding in the back seat of some SUV -- when he rolled the window down to greet fans.

That's when a man named Barak Golan says he shouted at Harden, "Kobe owns your ass!" and Harden allegedly socked him in the face.

But Harden wasn't done ... Barak says the Rockets guard flipped him off as his SUV sped away.

Barak is now suing for assault and battery, demanding unspecified damages. Harden's reps had no comment."

8. jayfree

jayfree Member

Did he stir the pot after it hit the roof.

When he handed her the cash, was it a pocket pass or alley-oop?

I bet he was fouled on the play as well and of course a no call.

RudyTBag likes this.
  9. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Exactly what crime is 'she claims … is about to fight someone'? Heck, I'm about to b*tcchslap her ass....don't see cops at my front door. So, at worst, this was...an argument?

10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Harden loves slapping phones

11. Nook

Nook Member

Blah blah blah.... you have said this for many years and all Harden has done is comeback better consistently.

Harden in 6 seasons with the Rockets has averaged 28 points a game, he has led the NBA in win shares 3 of his 6 seasons as a Rocket. He has won an MVP, finished 2nd twice and has never finished worse than 9th in the MVP voting as a Rocket.

Every single year you find things to complain about, from his weight, to his discipline to where and what he does in his personal life.... at some point you look at the results and give him his due. He hasn’t had any scandals or suspensions, he doesn’t have any known kids out of wedlock, he hasn’t been arrested... he is very active in charitable causes and is very loyal to the Rockets.

As far as having a long career, there has been zero evidence of him slowing down - none. He has only consistently gotten better. He is almost 30, he is entering his 10th season, he is likely to slow down in the next few years anyway.

When Harden is beaten up, or shoots someone or even has a DUI, we can worry about it... he is almost 30 and none of that has happened.

Richie_Rich, DonKnock, RCPM and 7 others like this.
  12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

13. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Ya, but when you have $300 millions...isn't it kinda normal in Houston to want to go hang out at the clubs? If you had a bunch of cash...wouldn't you?
    Yes, try to be smart about it. Parcells had a good line he kept repeating in Dallas: "Nothing good ever happens after 2 AM".

Had to really appreciate Shawn Marion's approach to this. He had a disco built into his mansion. So, the after parties were just all at his house. Never heard a peep of this type of news.

Dude had his backyard set up for paintball too. Cool cat.

14. BackdoorHarden

If I had $300 millions, I would do what Marion did or Michael Jordan did, bring chicks to my house. Sign NDA.

I don't want no riff raft trying to make money off me like they are doing to Harden, nor do I want to end up like Blake Griffin paying $300k a month for child support.

$300 millions can be me a lot of "private time" without TMZ and other rift raft trying to sue me

15. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Huh? What are you asking? Maybe I'm not all that bright and you're agreeing and I'm not picking up on it.

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Someone needs to read up on Wilt Chamberlain and the ladies.

Wilt, the guy that was getting NBA contract offers at 50 years of age.

17. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

It's hilarious that people think Harden should get married for life just for a JOB that he's retiring from in 5-ish years, and there's no evidence that getting married makes an NBA player less likely to get into trouble, and he's been kicking ass in the NBA since he's been a Rocket anyway.

Maybe he can resort to something less drastic, like better/more security.

don grahamleone and BigM like this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He does not have to get married to have to raise a kid though. Spending time with a toddler will take up a lot of his party and club time.

Maybe he has one, not that we know of.

19. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

Here's a secret of life: if the only reason you're at home raising a kid is because you HAVE TO, rather than because you WANT TO, then you're just going to meltdown in a different way. Because you still want to go to the club.

Those kinds of problems have affected especially the black community for many years. If anything, Harden is being smart and responsible. A 29 year old running out of time to win a championship does not have time to start a family and have a child and BE THERE FOR THEM. Maybe if it was a long term relationship already or he got married and acclimated when he was younger. But be honest with yourself, this is not good advice at all.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This has nothing to do what people/players want to do with their life.

I just stated, taking care of a human being instead of going to parties might be a good thing for a change.

He can do whatever he wants with his life if it was up to me.

This should not be seen as a suggestion of any kind.

(His every move will be magnified by the press, he is walking on egg shells.) (That said hope he can be the responsible franchise player.)

Yeah, he is a big reason this 'Big 3' was created in the first place but I can still wait for other stars to take us to the promised land.

No hard feelings there.

#100 daywalker02, Aug 14, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
    Mathloom likes this.