1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TMZ][9news] Birdman House Searched for Kiddie p*rn

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by apollo33, May 10, 2012.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I mean; he does do a lot of volunteering for children, and George Karl was quoted yesterday saying he trusts him and believes him. And I probably trust George Karl's personal opinion of players better than any other coach or commentator.

The tasked force was tipped by a regular law enforcement agency in California, where she is from. If he was a victim of extortion, this could be a retaliatory lie/setup by the women back in February.

I suppose California is also where the p*rn industry is, but it does not sound like the Cali agency was an Internet p*rn task force. And isn't the child p*rn industry mostly overseas, because it is easier there? How does a California agency get tipped, unless they have access to Internet activity -- like the Denver task force does.

Child p*rn, really, by a millionaire athlete who has women all over him. I'm just having trouble processing this. I hope it isn't true.

2. pacertom

pacertom Member

Or why they have been investigating him for 3 full months.

If this is just an underage fan who sent him naked pics, that investigation should be wrapped up in about an hour.

3. gah

gah Member

The genius of Carl Herrera knows no bounds.
    ;)

4. heypartner

Dude, where has it ever been said they have been investigating him for 3 months. Where do you get that?

They got tipped 3 mos ago "and finally searched his residence." Sounds like a back log situation where unspecific, weak cases take awhile to rise to the top of the heap.

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Did you mean: rode the short bus

6. David Stern

David Stern Member

Bwahahahaha...yes i did:p

7. Buckcheeks

Buckcheeks Member

8. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

BREAKING NEWS: Birdman just signed a new show deal with NIKE.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. Jontro

Jontro Member

LOL I was gonna quote those exact posts. 3-post sequence of the year?

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I agree with everything you said except this. Having access to women has nothing to do with child p*rn. It's not about access. It's about "tastes."

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

What does riding the metro have to do with anything?:confused:

12. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

This is what that poster said:

But in all fairness, Andersen has not been charged or apprehended. In fact, some reports are saying it might have been an extortionist who allegedly gave a tip to law enforcement.

Which is why I am not passing judgement on Birdman, yet? Because, there's a good chance he's innocent and some bitter party, probably a woman, a friend, or someone looking for money may have thrown some sordid lie at him to get even with him.

If that's the case, then that person needs be charged with a serious crime.

13. heypartner

yeah, i didn't say i believed my comment either, about access to super hot woman in every different city, in every different shape, size and hair color...and never the same pair of panties...even different accents and maybe a Slovenian girl too waiting at the hotel bar, in a dark-lit corner. Maybe even someone who would go see The Avengers with me on a rainy day...wearing a nerdy tshirt and bed-head hair...with the munches, wanting me to buy her theatre nachos with extra jalapenos.

uh...sorry, what were we talking about.

14. Buckcheeks

Buckcheeks Member

Way to make a fool out of yourself.

Nope. Did you?

15. Buckcheeks

Buckcheeks Member

I love how I say the article said nothing about child p*rn and it's stupid for people to jump to that conclusion, then people call me an idiot.

Then it comes out that it had nothing to do with child p*rn, and those people disappear. Coincidence?

16. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

People, please remember this blackmail story is from Birdman's LAWYER. Of course he has an explanation for why his client isn't guilty of anything.

She flew from California to Colorado to pay him a visit. That strikes me as a subtle way of saying she came to have sex with him, considering the photos that were sent prior. If she was in fact underage, even if she lied about it, it would be statutory rape if he did have sex with her. She may have gone on to try to extort him, threatening to turn him in for his crime. That doesn't mean he's any less guilty though -- if that's what happened. That's one plausible reason for ICAC to be involved.

Or, even if he was a noble soul and refused to have sex with her when he figured out she was underage,* if he still has sexually explicit photos of her (who he now knows to be underage) on his computer months later, I can see ICAC being displeased with that as well.

Maybe he is just the innocent victim of a blackmail attempt and he will in time be exonerated. That's fine by me. But, it seems naive to me to throw out your skepticism when his lawyer asserts some defense. The police will eventually announce something, and I could see it going either way.

* I like how the statement says she showed the required identification, but doesn't specify to whom -- the airline? Birdman? Does he have an application that requires proof of age before they have sex?

18. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

Aww man, not pedobear....

19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

What are you babbling about. Even if his lawyers defense is complwtely true, he still has sexually explicit photos of a minor on his computer. Which was why his computers were seized by the ICAC. So no, no conclusions were jumped you are just dumb.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member