1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tmo blows

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by yadnom, Dec 28, 2001.

1. yadnom

yadnom Member

Why cant we cut this guy :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. alaskansnowman

maybe cuz he doesnt deserve to be cut?

3. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Probably because of the same reason we can't cut you.

:rolleyes:

4. EGRULES

EGRULES Member

Tmo will be an horry 4 us, u'll see.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

EgRules,

Tmo is FAR from Horry's level. I think Tmo has a LONG LONG way to get to Horry's level.

Right now, TMO and Langhi are equal talents.

DaDakota

6. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Tmo has still yet to show me anything.

Usually you can tell if a player has the potential, sorta like with Eddie Griffin; however, I still haven't seen anything promising from Morris.

You know, even Kenny Thomas had like 22 rebounds in a game when he was a rookie. I agree with Dakota on this one.

I don't know if he warrants being cut, but it does suck that we gave up a first round pick for him.

7. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

uhh how do none of you guys see Tmo's value? Granted, he hasn't shown much as a shooter, but did you see him tonite?? He was ACTIVE, tipping balls, getting rebounds (even some of his own misses :D ) - hes athletic, and he helps with the boards and defense.. you guys didnt like rice because all he does is shoot, and now Tmo can't shoot so lets forget what role he DOES play for this team... open your eyes

-LTF

8. Manny Ramirez

LTF:

The problem with TMo is that he cost us a 1st round pick when essentially we could have gotten some unknown find like an Oscar Torres to do what TMo is doing aka the little things that role players do.

I'm sorry, but I don't need to open my eyes to see that we wasted a 1st round pick (essentially) for a role player.

Hell, Charles Jones did essentially the same thing that TMo is doing, and he was far from costing us a first round pick.

9. DaDakota

Supporting Member

LongTime,

He can't dribble, and he can't shoot.

2 very important things in the game of basketball.

DaDakota

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

He just can't finish plays. Anyone have any idea why he's getting minutes over OT now??? :confused:

11. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

DaDakota-
    You haven't given him a chance. He will be starter for this team one day.

12. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Ya Manny, this team doesn't need a role player. I mean we have 2 superstars, why not gamble and go for one more?? Then we'll be great! :rolleyes: We don't need a role player, we dont need an athletic sf/pf that can help play some good defense... ya.. what we need is another Collier!! Damn them for wasting our first rounder, we need another Collier! Wait, we could have gotten a first rounder, then trade him for another langi?? how bout that?? You can say we should have done this - that - WHATEVER. We have Tmo, he's in for the ride, and in my eyes hes doing what hes supposed to. I watched him tonite, he was getting his ass knocked around and they weren't calling anything for him, but he kept after it. Got active, tipped balls for offensive and defensive rebounds, got some of his own - I guess since Langhi went to IR we can't have any more bashing threads about him, on to Tmo!

-LTF

13. pooh222

pooh222 Member

You're kidding right.
    In the preseason, he did some good things, but in the regular season he has done next to nothing. I don't know if he is pressing too much or he just doesn't have any ability. But on the subject of him starting, he shouldn't be starting for an NBA team. Maybe he will grow into a solid role player, but it will take a vast improvement.

14. Hydra

Hydra Member

I just wish we had gotten Loren Woods instead of T-Mo. At least Woods has the size to play center, where we are weakest. T-Mo will have trouble getting minutes with Rice, Walt, Oz, Mobes, and Kenny all logging some time at the SF. Plus, in the Rcoketrs offense, the SF needs to be able to knock down jump shots. T-Mo has not shown any aptitude for this. Maybe he can be good trade bait.

15. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Morris has one problem, confidence. They guy can shoot the ball and he can handle the ball without question. He just has no confidence. He short arm's nearly every shot he takes. You can almost feel the hesitation.

The very fact that he keeps plugging away out there, hustling for rebounds, tipping balls, blocking shots, is an indication to me that he doesn't give up easily and that the coaching staff sees something in him we don't.

Ultimately, I think he will turn it around. He has the skills. He just needs to put together a couple of good games and he could turn his whole season around.

16. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Jeff,

You sure you are not talking about Langhi?

I agree by the way, it is confidence, the only way to get it is to play.

DaDakota

17. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

This is a ridiculous thread. Calling TMo a bust right now is doing nothing more than showing your basketball ignorance. Was Larry Smith a bust because he couldn’t score if you put him on a 4’ stool next to the basket with no one else on the floor? No! Why? Because he could rebound like a mad man and play some serious defense.

TMo is one of the better defenders on this team plus he is a good rebounder and is very active when on the floor. TMo is no different than many other rookies that have come into the league. His problem is putting the ball in the basket. Period. Given time we will see if he adjusts to that but he is far from a bust.

If people are so blind that they can not see the many contributions that TMo has made because of his shooting percentage then they don’t know basketball. Ask Shawn Marion if TMo can play D.

18. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

:)

Actually, the biggest difference between Langhi and Morris is that Morris has the athleticism that Langhi doesn't. Langhi, despite his shooting ability, may not have the game to match his attitude. He has ability but he plays WAY out of control. The thing I like about Morris is that he plays within the game and doesn't try to be what he isn't.

19. Manny Ramirez

Umm...no.

I don't think so.

You are obviously missing my point, here, LTF.

Nobody is asking that TMo be the next Kevin Garnett or Dirk Nowitzki, etc., but you don't waste first rounders, IMO, on guys who are role players & will never come close to averaging 10 points a game in a season.

Look, I could stomach TMo if he was signed as a non-drafted free agent (I have a feeling that he would have been available). He could still give the Rockets what he has been doing & it would have not cost us a first round draft choice .

Unfortunately, Rudy and CD are human beings like the rest of us & they make mistakes. They made a huge one with Cato and I feel that they made a mistake here.

So, don't be complaining and whining when the Rockets draft and that pick goes to Atlanta or whoever because of Tmo. I can just picture it: why did we not have that pick? (In best whining voice that I can imagine) You mean we lost that pick because of Tmo? D'oh!!

You know the Rockets have had guys who have done the little things aka role players over the years like Pig Miller, Chucky Brown, Charles Jones, etc. & they have certainly not cost the Rockets a first round draft pick.

20. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

Manny-
    The pick we gave away was the one from the Pistons. The Pistons have (I believe) an additional 5 years to complete that trade. I basically handicap that trade by using present and future value. Here is the calculation.

PV of TMo
    100*(1+.03)=103

FV of Pick Given Up
    100/(1+.03)^5= something less than 100

Fianl Analysis- Rockets get the better end of the deal.