1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tmac's new routine

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by macfan, Feb 22, 2008.

1. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

I live in Orlando. I have followed Tracy's career since 1999. I have watched Tracy about 15 times in person. I have watched every single pregame routine during those games I attended. He never warms up pregame more than about 20 minutes, because he thinks he can get it going anytime.

I know I will be accused of basing my enthusiasm on one game, but I think I am being objective. A lot of times, he comes out cold. The reason is when he was younger he could get looser faster. Now he has to warm up.

Anyways my point is, you might think his warm up and his good game might be a conicidence, but I think it's not. He's always the last one to show up on the court before the game. At least it doesn't hurt.

#1 macfan, Feb 22, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2008
  2. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

warming up properly also prevents injuries... if only tmac warmed up more when he was younger.

3. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Some of the players warm up in the practice gym.

4. ColomboLQ

ColomboLQ Member

They said on the telecast that he came to shoot for 30 min before the game. I think it is safe to say it made a difference and it should be something he should continue to do the rest of the year.

5. cujo

cujo Member

\

Man, i saw Mcgrady's eyes tonite. he definitely had the eye of the tiger tonite. Whatever he's doing to get ready, he needs to bring this attitude every game.

6. marciagong

marciagong Member

Yeah he said that was gonna be his new routine, so expect to see a lot of the vintage Tmac. :cool:

7. fleshbody

fleshbody Member

1.pregame warm-up is good for preventing him from getting injured
    2.also helps alot for his shooting touch
    3.finally we saw he learnt something from his BIG fellow ;)

8. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Most importantly, it says a lot about his mental commitment.

9. tulexan

tulexan Member

They said that he is watching more tape too.

10. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Aren't guys like Jordan and Kobe known for their pre-game warm-ups? I'm glad Tmac is on board, it can only help.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I will look bad for saying this but... Its about DAMN TIME he started putting in the effort. Who does T-Mac think he is? He needs an Olajuwon inspirational poster.

12. barryxzz

barryxzz Contributing Member

Drexler? I heard Drexler used to arrive just in time before games. :)

13. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

No wonder he was injured all the time.

If you have back problems and knee problems and don't warm up, then you are going to reinjure yourself every year for long stretches.

14. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Thank God for our players. They're such hard-workers, it seems to have rubbed off on T-Mac as well. Landry, Scola, Rafer, Yao, Battier, Hayes...how can you not get inspired to work hard with teammates like that? If he keeps playing like this after the new routine, there'll be less crappy threads in the forum. We may have to give medals to the whole Rockets team for that!

15. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

seems that once the rockets got in a spot to contend he started trying to win.

almost like if the rockets were just going to be an 8th seed, there would be no point in trying.

even though i feel he should've been "trying" the whole year, i'm happy he decided to turn it on now.

better late than never.

16. jw1144

jw1144 Contributing Member

I must say it does appear to be making a difference. This would also explain why in the past it always seemed like he was just going through the motions in the first half and then looked not only energized but also very fluid in the second half. He looked fantastic tonight - I hope he keeps it up.

17. rockmanslim

rockmanslim Member

I think T-Mac a lot of times is just bored and gets tired of the season long grind, hence the lazy T-Jack we sometimes see. It takes games with big stakes to get him out of his slumber. Tonight was one of those games, and as many times as we've seen it from him as a Rocket, man it's something to see. It's like having our very own Kobe.

On the other hand, I bet he goes back into hibernation mode until we play Dallas.

18. barryxzz

barryxzz Contributing Member

Yup, get ready to see the sleepy eyes again. :p

19. as_sstomper

as_sstomper Member

Is he looking at you, or is he looking at me, cuz I cant tell. It must be those "sleepy eyes".

20. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

You just described the Robert Horry version of an all-star. :D