1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tmac's facebook post

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by damionjames, Oct 9, 2012.

?

How many titles will Tmac win in china?

1. 0

49 vote(s)
    38.6%
  2. 1

12 vote(s)
    9.4%
  3. 2

5 vote(s)
    3.9%
  4. 3

6 vote(s)
    4.7%
  5. over 9000?

55 vote(s)
    43.3%
  1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

TMac spelled Isiah Thomas's name wrong in his post. And Isiah was the first person he mentioned.

oh well. Maybe he still has time to fix it.

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

He forgot to thank tinman for putting up so many posts in all the TMac threads on CF.

3. SportsFanatic

SportsFanatic Member

Going to miss T-Mac. Great guy and player, wish him the best in China.

4. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

One of my favorite players of all time. Sad things didn't work out with the Rockets.

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Where can I stream this lol

MARBURY VS TMAC CBA championship

My body is ready

6. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Pretty classy...for all the hope we had for the guy...at least he has his character intact...He was blessed with a gift...and he shared that with all of us...For all the kids that have dreams and aspirations to make it big...he made it to the biggest platform for basketball and that is the NBA...straight out of highschool...

Just wished things didn't have to be this way for him...wish him and his family the best...thanks for the memories...TMAC #1...

7. chrisjent

chrisjent Member

Doug Christie's name spelled wrong as well. So...maybe not the best PR folks.

8. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I didn't know T-Mac could write so well!

9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

no way?!?

10. tofu--

tofu-- Member

I saw his post earlier this morning and I was impressed with his words, but I'm also confused-- it sounds like the NBA is over for him, and I had always thought that some time might still give him a shot, particularly if he shows something in China.

11. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

I wish him the best of luck. I will continue to support him while he plays for Qingdao!

12. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

No gratitude towards Rick Adelman? Who could've guessed, for such a players' coach.

1 person likes this.
  13. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7yl3hM_H8TQ?version=3&amp;hl=ru_RU"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7yl3hM_H8TQ?version=3&amp;hl=ru_RU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

14. lived

lived Member

He's in the right spot for decent beer. And the weather ain't too bad.

I wore a TMac#1 t-shirt to work today and got mocked by kids wearing Kobe and DHoward jerseys (I'm a lecturer at Uni btw).

1 person likes this.
  15. leangle25

leangle25 Member

Remember the name. Tmac. Legend. Respect. Off to China to reunite with Yao. :)

16. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

[From Tmac] Goodbye NBA, Hello China

A very touchy farewell message from Tmac:

Goodbye NBA, Hello China

There are times in life that a new road presents itself and it appears this time has come for me now. I am so proud of what I have accomplished these past 15 years playing in the NBA. It was a dream entering the league as I just turned 18 years old. I worked hard and poured my heart and soul into this game. I consider myself a student of the game as I have watched, studied and played with and against the best players in the world. The NBA was my University and I learned so much. The gratitude I feel is really immeasurable. I have experienced the best moments a player can experience and have had some dark ones too. Both equally important in helping shape me into the man I am today.

As I leave the league for now, there have been so many profound people who inspired me along my way. I have to say thank you for guiding me and having an enormous influence on the way I played basketball. Isaiah Thomas, Rich Devos, Leslie Alexander and John Gabriel, you believed in me and I thank you. Jeff Van Gundy, you exemplified the brilliance of what a great coach is. Steven A. Smith, you gave us players a voice and for that I thank you. Doug Christy, Charles Oakley, Dee Brown, Mugsy Bogues, Antonio Davis, Dell Curry, Kevin Willis, you all showed a young kid from Auburndale Florida how to be a better player. Kobe, you made me work harder and it was an honor to play against you. And Yao, we shared an experience together that will always be with me, thank you. Sonny & Pam Vaccarro showed me how there is loyalty and genuine friendship in this business. Arn Tellem and Tim Hoy, 15 years and you are still my agents. Thank you for guiding me throughout my career. When all is said and done, there is so many that made an impact on my life. I am one blessed man to have the love and never ending support of my wife CleRenda and the best 4 kids a man can ask for. But most important, I give glory and thanks to God. It is thru Him that I have been so blessed and I am forever thankful.

As I enter this next chapter, I am excited to play for Qingdao Eagles in China. I have been to China several times in the last few years and I love the people and the country. It will be an honor to play for them. Thank you to every fan that has followed me and believed in me. Injuries and all, I wouldn’t have changed a thing. I am proud of the mark I left on this game and am grateful to have been a part this league. It was a dream to play in front of all of you, each night, in every stadium. Thank you.

Tmac ​

The Official Site of Tracy McGrady

17. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

A consummate professional and a dark horse to win the Chinese MVP.

18. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

Sounds like TMac learned a lot from all those down years.

19. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

20. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure he can't.