1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tmac vs Ariza

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Dec 27, 2009.

?

Who would you rather play?

1. Ariza

69 vote(s)
    26.2%
  2. Tmac

194 vote(s)
    73.8%
  1. J-Wood

J-Wood Member

Exactly, I am with you on that

2. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Unlike us, the Rockets get to see McGrady in practice. That's a huge factor in their decisions. Just because a player does well in practice, it doesn't mean that they'll do well in games, but if a player doesn't do well in practice then there's very little chance they do well in games. McGrady has been practicing and the Rockets still don't feel he can help.

3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

They saw a lot of landry and barely played him and I think even his job was on the line his rookie year.

I guess its a moot point, but man they might have squandered a chance to get something for tmac.

4. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Big difference between McGrady and a rookie. Rookie's frequently aren't ready to play when they enter the league. They are being introduced to a new style of play and that's a natural developmental issue. Landry has been getting better each season. Landry was new to the league and simply not ready. It was hardly a matter of the Rockets not realizing his ability. That has nothing whatsoever to do with the current McGrady scenario.

As far as squandering chances, what has changed? McGrady's trade value has always been tied to his $23M expiring contract. Still is.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

The dude sucked in 8 minutes and you guys want to give him MORE time?

Why?

Tons of guys have earned more playing time in a small amount.

2 years ago - Landry came in for a few minutes and forced his way into more minutes.

Last year, Von Wafer came in and played 8 minutes in Philly and earned a start in Atlanta...and then a place in the rotation.

Chase Budinger has been effective THIS year in limited minutes.

Tracy could have played better in his time on the floor, he didn't .....he doesn't deserve anything more than to grab some pine.

DD

6. PeppermintCandy

BTW the Chronicle reported that Ariza suffered a bruised shin during the Cavs game. If he's still hurting when the next game rolls around and McGrady is kept in purgatory, Adelman isn't left with a lot of alternatives for the SG/SF spot.

7. DaDakota

Supporting Member

It tells a lot that with Cbud out, Rick has not decided to play Tracy....a LOT

Mike Harris come on down......

DD

8. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

So what about the clippers game he has 10 points in 8 minutes = 60points/48min.

Why didn't he deserve more minutes after that?

9. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Because it was one game, if he came back the next day against Orlando and repeated the performance, then yes....I could see that....

But you don't overeact to one game, you need to see consistent effort.

Either way, I am glad this is going to be over soon.

DD

10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Coach said just 7-8 mpg. He didn't say, 'Start at 7-8 and we'll reward good play with more mpg.'

Over soon? Maybe. Likely. But, let us not get ahead of ourselves.

11. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

T-Mac can make layups so I am gonna go with Mr. McGrady.

12. PeppermintCandy

Maybe, but I think it shows more that Adelman really meant it when he said he would limit McGrady's playing time for the first six games. He didn't allow outside factors to sway him.

13. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Depends upon your definition of soon, I figure it will be over by the Trade deadline as to the final decision.

However, they may keep him on the roster until then, but a decision about him will come fairly soon....like this week...I believe.

DD

14. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Did you miss the rest of the thread? I was commenting on how the OPs premise was not realistic by posting a different absurd argument.

But, if you want to know where the stats come from click the link I provided in the post.

DD