1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tmac vs Ariza

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Dec 27, 2009.

?

Who would you rather play?

1. Ariza

69 vote(s)
    26.2%
  2. Tmac

194 vote(s)
    73.8%
  1. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

Are you ****ing kidding me? Have you been watching Mr. Trevor "throw stupid elbows at people that just showed me up" Ariza?

2. DAZEFROMDAHAZE2

i would LOVE to see what happens just for once if tracy played arizas role for one game and played 38 minutes and took 22 shots. ill bet he doesnt shoot 5 of 22.

3. Rox11

Rox11 Member

So your arguing about T-Mac's D? Well from what iv'e seen hes improved it very nicely this year. Your making it sound like he is horrible. When and if he does get more minutes he will improve in everything.

You cant tell me you'd rather have Ariza's O then T-Mac's. In blowouts like tonight we REALLY need T-Mac to be out there. In 7 minutes hes been distributing and scoring nicely.

I could sense your not letting go of the past ;)

4. Mr. Space City

i'd take scorers like mcgrady and budinger on the 2 and defensive minded guys like ariza/battier on the 3.

5. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

the Rockets needed T-Mac tonight and he could have helped the team overcome their shortcomings...

6. JujuxG

JujuxG Member

better offense>better defense.

7. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Scored nicely? Do you realize that McGrady's FG% so far is .368 ? That's worse than Ariza's fg%.

8. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Play Ariza for 8 mins and Tracy for 8 mins over X number of games. Hell do it for every player on the team.

This 8 mins a game crap is stupid. To start with, I get it. But not even bumping a player up (I mean any player trying to do something in a game) to at least 10 mins to 15 mins, it's just too tough. 8 minutes...I take dumps longer than that.

Go play NBA2K10, and get only 8 mins every game from the SF position. Let's see how awesome you look. And that's a video game that is typically a faster pace (more touches potentially).

In what little I saw in Tracy's playing, he still makes the right play. I can't say that about too many of the guys playing right now.

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Its kind of stupid to base anything good or bad in 8 minutes a game. With Chase hurt at least give him chase's minutes to see what he can do.

10. J-Wood

J-Wood Member

Not true, you cannot compare apples to oranges. The man has not got to play over 8 minutes in a game this season, therfore you can compare this season with anything.

11. t-mac_#3_SG

t-mac_#3_SG Member

I agree, neither he nor us go anywhere with McGrady getting only 8 minutes a game. It's better for
    both if he gets Budinger's minutes now that Budinger is injured. His benefit: More time to pile up stats
    and shut all the haters up, who expect him to do another 62 points in just 8 minutes. Give him some
    minutes and you'll see what he's really capable of. In the Clippers he had 10 points in 8 minutes, if you
    do the math you'll see could have had 40 points if he had got 30 minutes. He can play how you want
    him to, but only if he gets some minutes, nobody, not even the best player ever could get the stats you
    expect McGrady to get in only 8 minutes per game. If you want him to do well, give him the chance.

12. J-Wood

J-Wood Member

You know what I dont hate Ariza or blame him, I blame the Rockets because they are trying to turn him into something that he is not and thats a true shooting guard. Ariza is great Small Forward and thats where it ends.

He has no business shooting the ball of of the dribble becasue thats just not his game. He is a set shooter, like Battier. I think he is good player for the team at the 3, not the 2 guard position.

So really at this point I would rather see any true shooting guard over Ariza.

13. J-Wood

J-Wood Member

Finally, we do agree on something..lol!!!

14. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Nice logic. Since Daniel Gibson had 7pts in 6 minutes last night, do you also believe that he would have scored 49 pts if he had played 42 minutes?

The Rockets have an advantage over us, they see McGrady in practice. Obviously they don't think that he makes us better.

15. J-Wood

J-Wood Member

Where are you getting Tracy's stats from? Are you taking the 8 minutes and averaging it out as if he were playing more minutes? You and I know both know thats not accurate information that you can utilize for a comparison especially in the NBA.

There is just no way to compare the 2 right now where its a true apples to apples. I guess we wont know until he is traded and finally gets minutes from another team.

16. Seth

Seth Member

You forgot two important points. Ariza doesn't complain when he doesn't get enough "touches". His teammates doesn't dislike Ariza.

TMac has no friends on this team.

17. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I think his point was that you shouldn't use that logic to try and make some sort of evaluation of Tracy's play. The basic point being that 7-8 minutes of play time is not enough to gauge anyone on.

18. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Give him 20 minutes for a few games if he sucks it will shut us all up.

19. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

No you are Von Wafer supporter the best defensive player we ever had :rolleyes:

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dada, this is more about Trevor than Tracy. It's not about giving away all his minutes but to give Trevor a rest so that he can play 30 minutes a game.