1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tmac vs Ariza

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Dec 27, 2009.

?

Who would you rather play?

1. Ariza

69 vote(s)
    26.2%
  2. Tmac

194 vote(s)
    73.8%
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Yes, that was my point the entire time......

DD

2. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

LOL! why not? tell me why not? :rolleyes:

what can Ariza develop into? Kobe Bryant? Mr. Clutch? Point Forward?

Play C-Bud for 35 mins.. he has a lot more potential than Ariza does... I will love that. not Ariza. not T-Mac...

3. caneks

caneks Rookie

He did not have more playing time because he has not done well enough to earn more. So what is this all about?

4. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Ridiculous. Dakota, at least come up with something that makes sense if you're going to argue vehemently against McGrady.

Additionally, I don't think it's very hard to see that there is some friction between RA and McGrady. His level of play is hardly the main issue here. If that's so hard to grasp, then I question the comprehension level of some people here. His play doesn't suit RA's style, he's rocking the boat too much, he's not in the long term plans, he's being showcased, etc. All these make much more sense than the current "he has yet to earn his minutes" propaganda management would have you believe.

5. DaDakota

Supporting Member

LOL - this thread is ridiculous...which was my entire point.

DD

6. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

2 words --> Matt Schaub

7. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

What? I thought I explained my reasoning in the post, maybe you should read the rest of it. I'll reiterate if I must,

He's 6 GAMES off microfracture knee surgery. In his return, a player that's all based on rthym, has defended Melo, and Dirk, and done a solid job. He hasn't dominated the ball, looking to fit in a more team philosophy. He had an "offensive outburst," against the Clippers, and has shown he still has the passing ability/ball handing evidenced by some of his passes, specifically not turning the ball over.

He's moving better than he did last season, and while he certainly didn't play great, how much more is he supposed to do to earn more? I just don't think the Rockets organization wants him, it's time for him to go, it's becoming too much a distraction.

8. abtguy

abtguy Member

Oh that makes a bunch of sense you sound like a little child just because the thread might be a bit ridiculous does not mean every word you udder should be.

9. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Sometimes you point out the absurd by being absurd yourself, it is the only thing that insane people will understand.

;)

DD

10. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

LOL i guess 10 points and 3 assists in 8 minutes when your bench is thin shouldn't warrant at least a couple of minutes in the 2nd half.. cmon man! Tmac isnt blind, he knows there's something fishy going on. I like ariza but damn he is not a go to guy, he is a role player, tmac is a go to guy. If you start brooks, ariza, tmac, hayes and scola that team gives you a lot of points and ariza doesn't have to handle the ball and turn it over. then you can bring landry , lowry,shane, anderson and bud off the bench.. this lineup and rotation will get you W's, i dont know what rick and morey are planning but i hope it doesn't come back and bite the team in the ass. All in all tmac gives you more than ariza, but the rockets should be using both of them on the floor at the same time.

11. caneks

caneks Rookie

Quote:

12. abtguy

abtguy Member

We'll at least you have come full circle and realized that you are absurd lol.

13. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Sometimes I am crazy like that...it is the only way to educate the other insane people.

:grin:

DD

14. caneks

caneks Rookie

Why do you think 6 games does not make much sense, while you could draw a conclusion that he still has the passing ability /ball handing from a single game out of 6? There are a lot of thing to check in order that he could earn playing time such as team concept, defense, playing style, offensive efficiency, attitude, which should be finally decided by coach and the team. Since Coach hasn't given him more playing time, it means he has not earned more playing time.

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Well then, that's weird that you defended the argument for two whole pages.

16. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I guess you would not have done it that way.....oh well it is how I do it.

DD

17. clos4life

clos4life Member

Honestly, Tracy right now is a better offensive player than Ariza. There, I said it. He might blow chunks defensively but I'm willing to cut out Ariza's minutes and give more to T-Mac. Simple as that.

18. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Would you be willing to admit ariza this years sucks more than tmac last year?

19. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Pretty much. It doesn't matter who "we" want to play however many minutes. Also, I don't get the Ariza/T-Mac connection. The minutes they play aren't dependent on one another. McGrady could just as easily use some of Taylor or Budinger's minutes, but Adelman simply isn't interested in seeing the current McGrady on the floor.

20. rhinology

rhinology Member

T-Mac salary: 22,843,124
    Ariza salary: 5,854,000
    22,843,124 / 5,854,000 = 3.9

So T-Mac's PER would be 16.3 / 3.9 = 4.2 when compared to Ariza. I understand there would be diminishing returns when the salary increases, but T-Mac is currently a player whose salary space can help the team more than his play. I don't want to develop a team that relies on his 30-min play then later change the play style when he's traded.