1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Tmac to have surgery tomorrow

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The_Yoyo, Feb 23, 2009.

1. YaoMing

YaoMing Contributing Member

Folks... lets not forget two major things in all this mess.

1. Tracy still has a bum shoulder.
    2. Tracy still has a chronic back issue.

The knee is the least of his (our) problems.

Good riddance!

2. ibm

ibm Member

is that you, yao? what brought you here? you should be either sleeping or playing video games...

3. scalper

scalper Member

maybe your English and my English is different... but I never said Tmac had anything to do with your story... it was a comparison... of how you would have valued Tmac's death...

what your asking us to do is care as much as you do... and it seems like its along the stalker lines...

he should happy for the god given talent that he had...and happy that he still has use of his legs...

the point is every day Tmac wakes up... he should be happy he isnt common folk like you and I... or worse off some poor kid dying in Africa...

as for your hero worship... im curious how a hard working immigrant like yourself... one I imagine... would never quit anything... could have choosen a person who character has come into question so many times.. in the past... ie being lazy quits on his team

I can imagine your son or daughter quiting University one day...

well father I quit because the Proffesor was no good and my study partners were no good...so I was going to fail anyways...

and father I am a child of a immigrant there are only a few like me in America....so things are much harder for me... you should feel sorry for me... not angry

4. xiaohai

xiaohai Member

Hope the operation is successful

5. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

No ... that's why I said T-Mac had nothing to do with the story. It is not a reflection of how I would value T-Mac's death, it's just to illustrate the value of caring for others, that's all.

No, it's not that serious. And that's the other thing I don't get -- this whole extreme mindset of either you're weeping and gnashing teeth over him or you don't even give him a second thought. I mean, the comparison of his situation to that of needy people in developed nations is ridiculous to me. The notion that you should be very miserly with your concern for people unless they're about to die is ridiculous, too. I guess some people just don't have enough love to go around, so they have to conserve.

It's not that hard to comprehend: a guy who has endured frustration for a few months is about to undergo surgery that could threaten his career. I'm not saying one has to start losing sleep over him -- simply wishing him well is enough. He doesn't deserve the amount of hate coming his way. And I definitely agree that it's not my place to tell anyone what they should be doing, but I can advocate for good, and that's what I did. "I hope he makes it through successfully and comes back strong." Where in that statement does food and shelter get denied to poor and starving people? Either someone is trying really hard to be obtuse, or ...

I agree with you, and it should be the same with all of us. I am thankful that I have food, a home, talents and skills, etc. I am thankful for good health, because I know many people don't. I don't have to do my job in pain, many people do. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. And as I am thankful for that, I am able to show compassion for people who are in need. If I see a coworker who can't do his job effectively because of migraine headaches, I can show compassion and offer to help him out with stuff, because I believe that's why I am there. I believe even T-Mac himself understands that especially with his efforts in Darfur.

I guess your reaction is different from mine. The whole "quit" thing about T-Mac is overblown, but even to indulge your scenario: What would you do in that situation? Would you kick your kid out to the curb? Is he or she not still your child? Why would you not encourage them to stand back up and get back at it? Human beings make mistakes, and we all have our weaknesses. I wouldn't be much of a father if I simply threw my children out or ignored them because they stumbled and didn't come up to my expectations. That said, to be honest I have had my share of criticism for T-Mac. I believe he is guilty of repeated bad judgment, and he is not wise with his words. I think he definitely deserves some of the blame for the situation. But that doesn't mean I have to be irrational about it.

6. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

I wish him the best.

Let him have the surgery and try to come back to salvage what's left of his EXPENSIVE contract.

7. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

I'm pretty sure the Rockets will make the playoffs. How far they can go is the question.

8. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Your hero worship is irrational.

Sometimes when everybody else disagrees with you it's not because you're a pioneer or a genius--it's because you're wrong. The majority of the people on this board are done with McGrady because he was a cancer this season.

9. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Says the guy who thinks having sympathy for a guy undergoing microfracture surgery equates to "hero worship". Amusing.

10. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

No, I would say that the totality of your posts to this board indicate that you're a card carrying member of the T-Mac fan club. That cripples your credibility.

And again, he doesn't need your sympathy. Ever heard that phrase before?

11. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Surgery a Success

The surgery has been completed, and by all accounts it was a success. I’m looking forward to the rehab process, but will need some time to rest at home with my family before that begins. I’d like to thank all of my friends, family, and fans out there that sent me messages and prayers as I underwent this surgery. It really means a lot to me that all of you care about me. Take care and stay tuned for updates along the way.

Tracy

http://t-mac.com/tmac/blogDetail/1534

Nice to hear that

12. abc2007

abc2007 Member

It's great! Get well soon, Tmac!

13. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

if tracy wants another contract like SAS has hinted, he needs to work extra hard. i think he can recover his form from last yr (07-08 when he avg 21, 5, 6). however, he's not going to be a superstar any longer.

14. t_mac1

says the guy who said always pound the ball to yao regardless of what happens and he needs to get his :rolleyes:

15. ibm

ibm Member

yao DOES need to get his - touches and even stats - with him scoring 20+, we've been almost unbeatable this year.

yao needs to be established every game - early and often. it has been proven.

16. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Now when did I ever say that? Anybody who reads my posts knows I'm a huge proponent of a balanced scoring attack. The last four games, where you have a bunch of guys in double digits scoring about the same number of points, represent my idea of a good game.

What's more, if you actually watched the game you'd see that the broadcast staff and the coaches are saying exactly what I've been saying for years--go inside to Yao, establish the paint, let that open up the perimeter. Play the inside out game. The last game against Charlotte was the perfect example: the Rockets got away from Yao in the second quarter and suffered for it. They went back to Yao after the half and blew the Bobcats out of the water. Look at how many points Yao got in that game though. You just don't get it, do you?

They're also repeating something that I've been talking about for years and that you could never understand. Yao doesn't need to make an assist directly out of the double. The Rockets can swing the ball around the perimeter after Yao kicks it out--either to find the open guy on the perimeter or to get it back into the paint, either to Scola or Yao. And it's been going back into Scola quite a bit these days.

17. t_mac1

i don't disagree with that. that poster has claimed yao should get his irregardless of how the team does. he made claims that adelman should be fired last yr.

18. ibm

ibm Member

which bobcats game? :cool: i suspect many only follow #1. now since he's been out lately...

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Is the deed done? Can we move on now?

DD

20. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Who exactly are you talking about?