1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tmac should take notes on Joe Johnson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by WhoMikeJames, Apr 28, 2008.

1. ibm

ibm Member

there IS something yao can learn from howard in that 20-20 stats, especially the second 20.

and i'm sure he will try to.

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Joe Johnson had a great game. That's about it. He's a very good player, but his shooting tendencies isn't THAT much better than McGrady's (in fact, their regular season numbers are almost identical except for FT shooting). And like some have said before, Johnson isn't facing double/triple teams and he has finishers around the basket like Josh Smith and Al Horford. Of course I'd like to see McGrady open a can of whoopass like that in person tomorrow night but it was one (albeit spectacular) game by Johnson.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I figured by now someone would be done told you
    how much more talent Joe Johnson has around him than T-mac

Everyone knows the Hawks have far better players on their team than the Rockets

:rolleyes: :mad: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :mad:
    [/sarcasm]

Rocket River

4. ibm

ibm Member

a team we blew out in the reg. season by 30pts has now beaten the winningest team of the league twice in a row.

that tells something.

5. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

why not learn from josh smith then? or trade him for josh smith? he's been schooling KG left and right the past 2 games. smith has been their best player.

6. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

josh smith is outplaying KG 1-on-1. the hawks have more athetlicism, quickness, and shooting that we do. but they're playing well.

johnson doesnt have to do everything though. smith does more for the hawks than him. dude got freakin' 7 BLOCKS tonight, along with 28 pts and 7 boards.

7. tianlinqiang

tianlinqiang Member

Tmac should take notes on Joe Johnson?

maybe AI, or Kobe, or Lebron

8. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Hey rookie, scale down your sig.

9. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

why do you want him to take shots anyway? it's not like he makes them at a high clip and a lot of people are ready to jump on him for being selfish if he bricks more jumpers.

10. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

OMFG this hate is getting ridiculous. Joe does not get doubled and tripled team in the 4th like Tmac is getting! How about if I say Yao should take note from what Dwight is doing in these playoffs???

Is Joe averaging almost triple double like TMac? I thought the main complaint before was that TMac takes shots even when he is guarded instead of passing it up. He is ball hog, selfush etc etc. Now he is hated on because he gives up the ball when he gets tripled team??? sigh

11. battousai

battousai Member

to be fair, I don't think the poster said anything about the series celtic vs alt, but merely that game 4 4th quarter play of JJ.

I saw it so i know what he's was talking about. JJ single handedly took the BB down to the hoop or FT area and made those unbeliveable shots.

Granted celtic really didn't double team or trap JJ until much other (maybe that's why boston lost game 3 and 4). another reason is Alt got Al hartord and Josh smith, specially Josh, they just can't double team JJ with josh roaming around.

We got Tmac, but no one can set in be Josh smith of hou.

12. TheDreamShake

TheDreamShake Member

Joe Johnson had the entire regular season to rest up for this series. If Houston was 2 games under .500 we wouldn't even be in the playoffs. Must be nice to play in the Eastern division

13. ibm

ibm Member

wow, are you saying johnson didn't play any games in the regular season? learning something new everyday here.

14. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

Ya know, there's something about the expression "what have you done for me lately", especially now that we're down 3-1 in the first round.

15. abc2007

abc2007 Member

When Tmac was in Orlando, he was a better Joe Johnson.

16. tested911

tested911 Member

See what people need to understand is that he CAN'T!!! It shows because if he could he would have already. Just go back the past couple of years and you can see a decline in his play. His numbers might now show it but just looking at how he plays shows his current ability. I've been wanting to trade him for the past couple of years because the man does not have the athletic ability like he used too.. I'm not looking for Kobe or Lebron like performance but 70% of that.

17. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

the celtics ended our winning streak by blowing us out. they beat us twice in the reg. season

18. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Yes if we can play Yao and we change the opponent from the Jazz to the Raptors, yes he can do that. But man, DH is ave. 7 offensive boards a game, That Raptors defense just suck big time.

19. rocketsmetalspd

Joe Johnson is a quiet killer.

20. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

What the hell has Joe Johnson done? I'd under stand if the thread said "T-Mac should take notes from Kobe or Lebron" but Joe Johnson?!? Aside from passing the 2nd round with the Suns, what has Joe Johnson done that T-Mac hasn't? Compare these two at the same age and then come back.