1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tmac recovery time

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jedicro, May 13, 2009.

1. Crudder

Crudder Member

From the past posts that I've read, I know that Doc Rocket was an insider during the CD era... but I've also read somewhere that that may no longer be the case... can anyone actually confirm that what he/she has told us actually has happened?

By the way, this is by no means an attack on Doc Rocket - I am just wondering since I haven't been here as long as others and all his/her recent messages appear so vague and could be construed as many different things that something is bound to be true. I understand that is part of the fun since he/she can't outright say what's going on but, being a scientist, I tend to favor the side of caution instead of blind belief.

2. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

you know who else plays his own bball? ron artest.

3. ThaBlackKnight

You are right, I did not mention defense. I'll agree that Tmac is not as good a man-to-man defensive player on a consistent basis as Kobe, Lebron, and Dwade. When he's healthy, he can play just as good on defense as these guys.

However, his first 3 years in the league, he was a very good defensive player. After that, he could play very solid defense when he had to.

Also, if he was such a "horrible" defender, how were the Rockets teams consistently one of the top 5 defensive teams, with Tmac out on the perimeter. Battier, Hayes, and Yao can't guard Tmac's opponent for him.

When he's hurt, he's clearly a bad defender, thats a big reason why we struggled this year...it had more to do with his defense than his offense with the injury. Thats why he needed to get the surgery.

Also, he may be the only player who can guard Dirk one on one, and make him shoot a bad % and frustrate him. His length is very underrated.

As far as his work ethic, if Doc Rivers, JVG, or Rick Adelman came out and stated, "Tracy never worked hard when he played for us.", then I'll believe it.

As far as him being lackadasical on the court...who cares, the man still put up out of this world #'s for a guy who wasn't paying attention or didn't care about the game. The NBA is too good for that. Kareem and Tim Duncan never showed emotion, but they were great NBA players. Why does Tmac have to talk **** like KG to be considered a good NBA player in yall's eyes?

Do yall really think the NBA is bad enough to let some, soft, lazy, lackidasical basketball player to come in and dominate teams basically by himself?? I doubt it. Larry Hughes, Ricky Davis, Christian Laettner, Harold Minor, Corey Maggette, Darius Miles, Adam Morrison, etc have all tried to do that, and they failed miserably. The NBA is too good not to work hard, if your gonna be a perennial all star.

Yall are assuming things. Yall aren't stating any facts. If yall are gonna be ignorant lilke that, then don't try to judge this player in an unbiased way.

Just come out and say: "I personally don't like Tmac because he hasn't gotten out of the 1st round, he's selfish, he's soft, he's lazy...etc." If yall feel that way, then put that before or after every post, so we'll know not to give you any credibility, cuz calling him these things makes yall look childish and look like yall are targeting him at any chance.

If your frustrated about what he says, then fine, I have no problem about that. If yall are frustrated about the supposed drama he brings, then fine. But don't wrongly criticize his game on the court. If you say, his shooting has dropped off, thats fine, because thats the truth. But if you say, he's become soft and doesn't give effort, you're not including the fact that he needed microfracture surgery. Just make it factual and unbiased, otherwise just state that you hate the guy.

4. Mr. Space City

5. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Thank you for all those updates, I really didn't know about that.

But let me tell you something, if he hired Grover as his coach during the offseason, it means he is FOR REAL and he is really determinated. I don't know better guy than Tim.

We can be only happy about it. Good news.

Just look what he has done with DWade. Remember? People were saying he is was gonna be what he had been, etc...

6. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

Ok I've seen a lot of posters mention this guy's name. Who is he???

7. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

ThaBlacKnight could write all night. :D

8. Mr. Space City

9. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

10. Mr Chuck Norris

The Black knight just owned this topic TBQH

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Tmac as good as Kobe and Lebron?

Come on people, get real......

Tmac could score the ball, but there is much more to Kobe and Lebron than that...

Tmac was a SUPERSTAR player, but never on par with the GOAT players like Kobe and Lebron......Tmac was more along the lines of Bernard King......great for a time....but not....an all time great.

DD

12. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

If you are talking about now, he is far away from those guys obviously. He's not even the best player on this team when healthy anymore.

All said and done, in his prime he was arguably the best player in the league and easily a Top 5 player. Probably the only 1st round virgin to ever get ranked that high.

However, Similar to Kobe his weakness has always been mental. The thing that separates Kobe and T-Mac, is that Kobe is willing to work his way to the top, while T-Mac isn't.

13. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Personally I don't know much about him, but my friend told me he is THE BEST in the business. I've heard that from different guys as well.

He trained DWade last summer after that tough knee and shoulder injury and look what DWade is doing right now. He has just won a scoring title.

Tim has also worked out with Jordan. So actually he is THE BEST.

14. Mr. Space City

he jordan's personal trainer for 7 years.

15. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Yeah, i think Bernard King is fair for his overall career. But there was a time when T-Mac was a Top 5 player in the NBA. Maybe it was only for a few years, but he was a big star. Commercials, contracts, ect. Don't get me wrong, I don't think T-Mac at his peak might not be as defensive minded as Kobe or as explosive on offense as LeBron but dude was at the top of the list. Problem is, he never became a Kobe or LeBron, he became his own enigma, T-Mac.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If that is the case. . .then NO ONE SHOULD EVER
    say a thing about the Greatest Post Season Playah EVAH!!

BIG SHOT BOB HORRY

Rocket River
    He played when it made a difference

17. H-TownBBall

H-TownBBall Member

His shooting percentage is bad, and if he comes back he better be prepared to take a lot less shots per game. He has to play within the offense. Let him play out his contract, but there is no way I would resign him to anything more than $10M a year. Same with Yao. We need 3 all-star caliber players if we are going to be able to deal with their injuries, and this is the only way we can afford to add a 3rd.

18. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

I've cursed Tmac with the best of you.

And I've defended him with logic...the dude has TALENT.

In the end, if he's a Rocket, he'll get my vote. Along with another year of hopes and wishes and dreams.

So, get healthy and hurry back, Tmac.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Wait, so you are saying that just because he is in the NBA that it implies he is a hard worker?

Could it not also be that the good lord gifted him with amazing athletic ability?

It is pretty common knowledge that the guy doesn't work as hard in practice, or in the offseason as other players.

Does that mean he is lazy? No, but it does mean his work ethic can and SHOULD be called into question.

Just witness last season, when he didn't do the rehab over the summer, and came into camp fat and out of shape, tried to turn it on in the season...couldn't...and his knee got worse because of it.

While you are making assumptions that he is a hard worker, why is it not the same of others to say that he is "Not a hard worker"?

Personally, I do not think he works as hard as other star players, or even some average ones...but he is incredibly gifted, and won the DNA lottery....

When you get players that have won the DNA Lottery and work hard, and are competitive, then you get the superstar players like Kobe, Lebron, Hakeem, Magic, MJ etc..etc..etc...

TMac does not belong on that list....

BTW, what would you say about Barkley, he is notorious for not working hard off the court......and he was a perenial all star....

DD

20. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Although Barkley didn't try very hard on the defensive end, you couldn't say he was lazy. Lazy people don't get rebounds especially at his height.