1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tmac recovery time

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jedicro, May 13, 2009.

1. kanariya

kanariya Member

Injuries apart. He's getting paid 20m/yr and telling the media that he was lack of motivation was beyond me.

He doesn't have the mental strength of a superstar. The will and desire to win.

He promised and promised but never kept them.

2. ThaBlackKnight

Come on man, your losing any credibility you have as a person who watches basketball when you say stupid s**t like this.

Go ask any NBA player, coach, or GM, they'll laugh at this statement.

Have you ever seen Tmac with your own eyes, seen him not working hard? I don't get how people just assume that he doesn't work hard.

You dont get that good without working hard. So he does have the work ethic. He used to not get any playing time in Toronto back in the day, and you're saying he becomes a 2 time scoring champ and 7 time all star magically?

I think everybody else is ROFLMAO at you for saying stupid s**t

3. drowsy11

drowsy11 Member

agreed

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Yuo did not mention one DEFENSIVE category

I guess only one half of the court matters

Rocket River

5. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

Good post but I don't think he has. He is real busy watching Corey Maggette. :(

6. FR0497

FR0497 Member

He does have a bad rap for bad D because he's always coasting on that end through the regular season, but he's played very good D in the playoffs especially against Dirk a few years back.

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Doesn't count if it wasn't this season. TMac sucks and is the reason for everything wrong with Houston.

8. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

LOL wow. So he is the reason why the Rockets haven't seen something good happen. He did say something great is going to happen in Houston and he was right. The Rockets finally got out of the 1st round in 12 years.

9. Raven

Raven Member

Tracy will be gone before the 2010 trade deadline, and I hope he's gone before training camp, so he won't be a season long distraction. The reason he's being traded is complex, but the gist of it is this - since it's insane to sign him to an extension, given his declining health, it's better to trade his expiring contract, and try to get something in return.

10. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

He should be ready to start practicing in time for some other team's training camp.

11. Roxfan73

Roxfan73 Rookie

After reading Doc Rocket's post on this matter, it would not surprise me if this turns into a Stevie situation.

12. gotsis

gotsis Member

agree 100 % people must really see him train everyday to state as if it were a fact that he doesnt work. right?

13. Mr. Space City

i really dont understand how people say he doesnt have heart or work ethic. non of these guys know the guy personally or knows what goes on in his head or see's him train. so its just people

if anything after this horrible loss last night, it most likely MOTIVATED him to come back better than ever

14. StevieFlight3

StevieFlight3 Member

I haven't read it, please direct me to his post.

15. LAYGO

LAYGO Contributing Member

Don't recall the source, but it was some news bit saying that this surgery wasn't as extensive as say Stoudimare's, his recover should not be as long.

But, alas, time will tell. I'd love to have TMac from '05 attacking the basket. With a healthy Yao, and a team oriented Artest, with near same bench, we'll be much stronger next season. I'm willing to wager we set the franchise record for wins (56+?).

16. LAYGO

LAYGO Contributing Member

I believe it's a perception thing. I know because I get it too. TMac just doesn't look like he's asserting himself, like he's coasting or not trying, or just being lackadaisical. That perception is what sticks. If he worked on that, he wouldn't be accused of 'no heart'.

17. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

We could deal him to a team like Golden State, NJ, or the Clips that are in financial distress and looking to unload players in a salary dump.

18. DoubleRods

DoubleRods Member

haha well said sir!

19. Mr. Space City

thats the problem, how can people form an opinion on his heart when they dont know the dude personally?

its like tim duncan. he shows no emotion, no passion, no feeling but that doesnt mean he has no heart

i hope to see tmac next year ;)

20. Roxfan73

Roxfan73 Rookie

Can't find the post without search capabilities, however Doc felt that T-Mac's only value was his contract - and that he would never again see the floor for the Rockets.