1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tmac recovery time

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jedicro, May 13, 2009.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

this thread isn't bashing tmac, the OP asked a legitimate question..maybe some of the posts are hating, but that's different..

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

T-mac... I can't tell you how disappointed in him. It's all his fault. Forty points? Really?

T-mac just doesn't have what it takes to get out of the second round.

3. Bobby60

Bobby60 Member

I'd take T-Mac back in a NY second if there are no more problems with his knee. Seems to me that there really was a problem with his knee that prevented him from doing the things he can do on a court. I believe he's got more heart than those "fair weather fans" who want to "trade this guy or that guy", or "fire RA", etc., etc.

4. engr_alex

engr_alex Member

Morey would surely trade him for a wing/playmaker that has a long but not financially heavy contract especially with the tight salary cap for 2010. no way the rockets can be players for the 2010 fa market.

if he lets tmac's contract expire, theyll only have 4-5mil to spend for a FA in 2010. no way he's gonna let that happen. and i doubt he'd resign tmac to a contract above 10mil, which tmac would want.

5. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

On the radio with Jim Rome, he said rehab was going well and he's been workin hard.
    He said somethin about being ready for training camp.
    So... We'll see.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah to be Fair to Tmac...he never was really healthy.

I still remember there were questions if he would play the first game, that shows the Rockets and Tmac probably rushed back. Excited about their team because obviously...IN MY MIND...this team is as good if not better than the Lakers when Healthy...

7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

My friend had microfracture surgery in September. He just kicked my butt in tennis last night. He says it he isn't 100 percent but I think his knee was in much worse shape.

8. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

Did you guys read the thread posted by bigthum. We are not going to get a decent player in the next two years because of the salary cap problem!

Stop whining like a b****, saying we have to trade T-mac, say something useful, OK?????

9. Mr. Space City

i don't care what the t-mac haters say, i hope to see him playing next year or in the future in a rockets jersey

we need a playmaker

get well soon :)

10. ting

ting Member

Cant agree more!!

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

dd you keep posting the same **** over and over again as if you were the operating doctor on both of them. sorry but this stuff really does make me mad since i have had 3 knee surgeries including a microfracture and 2 acl reconstructions. know what the hell you are talking about or don't talk about it at all...

1 person likes this.
  12. engr_alex

engr_alex Member

did you really read what the OP posted? He mentioned there that morey wanted to trade Tmac for a longer contract that runs past 2010 (e.g. vince carter) because there's no way the rockets can get a free agent then with only 4-5 mil in cap space.

so trading tmac is still an option for the rockets to get that decent player.

13. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

except that makes no sense, it would be a contract year and even if he wanted to stay here faking an injury would lose him money since his contract is expiring next year and no one would give him big money especially the rockets if he was still injured

i just hope he comes back to something like he used to be, he was fun to watch, as a rocket or not i enjoyed tmac as a player and i want to continue to see him play to the likes of kobe, there was a time he could be in discussion with the best up there with lebron and that other ***

1 person likes this.
  14. cst_chenchen

cst_chenchen Member

I agree with you. no matter how I disappointed in him, I can't deny his talent. if he can keep healthy, he is still one of the best players in the league. so pray he can get well soon and come back strong next season.

1 person likes this.
  15. Rocket_chn

Rocket_chn Member

i dont care about that lazy guy,he always plays his own BBall,i HATE it

"i remember the God told me that if the sun rises up from the WEST ,HE will be back."

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Updated

Rocket River

17. binvegas

binvegas Contributing Member

Some of you guys kill me that he doesn't work hard yeah right. Coming straight out of high school being a two time scoring champ and 12 time all star being mentioned in the same breath before with Jordan and Kobe. You don't get that good by sitting around watching tv. You say he didn't rehab strong this off season you try rehabbing and even playing earlier in the year needing microfracture surgery you or nobody else could have even sniffed the court. Did he handle it wrong yes he did get over it. Yeah he hasn't been out of the first round, bad things happen to good people and the guy has had his share of bad luck. Half of you guys on this board have a Tmac jersey home and road jersey hanging in your closet. Wish him well, support him, and move on.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Robbie,

I post it because it is true......and as I said it gives hope but is not an indicator of what to expect.

And I clearly said in a later post that some people recover quickly, some never do.

What does it matter to you if someone posts some info about a similar injury and recovery time?

Another example of a guy with microfracture that is better.....I am sorry for your knee issues Robbie, but yours are way worse than what Tmac went through.

DD

#58 DaDakota, May 13, 2009
    Last edited: May 13, 2009
  19. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

That was almost analgous to T-Mac treatment

Though you're contributing the best way you know how, no matter what harsh criticism of your effort will always follow :eek:

20. john_l

john_l Contributing Member

If Tracey comes back and becomes TMAC again, any team would love to have him. If he is 100%, he is at the same level as Kobe and Labron in talent.