1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TMAC not rehabbing..Partying Instead in Vegas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dreammvp, Feb 16, 2009.

1. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

from what I understand Players always have the team trainers/physicians at their disposal when rehabbing...they can not have organized team practcices but players are allowed to rehab at the facility and seek treatment...

2. she'sdone

she'sdone Member

And do you still want to get rid of Atest?:D

3. RocketKobe24

RocketKobe24 Member

The difference is that T-Mac is hurt, while Artest is healthy and he just needs some time off. I don't believe T-Mac deserves to be bashed more for this, but he should still be working. I don't care if T-Mac isn't working to come back, because I don't want him to come back this year. Rockets need to trade him ASAP though.

4. yobod

yobod Member

your= your
    you're= you are

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Maybe...depends on whether the organization has plans to resign him...

DD

6. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Seriously man, I dont give a rats ass what these guys do on their free time...they are not soilders in the military man...should I not ever be seen at a party and instead spend all my free time preparing for my job tommorrow morning at 8am? I know it's different but damn...give him a break.

7. fmp087

fmp087 Member

Tmac apologists: Geez, the guy is allowed to have fun, leave him alone.

Why put a guy before the team when he could care less.

I pray I never have to see McGrady in a Rockets uniform again. But that probably will not happen.

8. dreammvp

has't he already had a break?...he only plays half the season

9. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I was just telling you what I was told. I was at the clippers facility last Friday and it was a ghost house there and they have plenty of injury issues themselves for players not to be in there rehabbing. players can rehab but on their own.

i think that was part of the reason why anthony falsone had to be let go by the rockets and hired personally by Yao to help him train overseas and over the all-star break a few years back.

10. comehere2

comehere2 Member

he didn't do a sh$t before, why get mad at him now?

look at his body, is he 50?

don't mention his name until he is gone.

hope the drama season ends sooner than ours.

11. fromobile

fromobile Contributing Member

So I guess you're saying that Chuck Hayes has no heart, too?

12. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

# Just fyi: Rockets and T-Mac still awaiting word on second opinions. Course of action will be decided upon pending results. about 6 hours ago from web (from twitter)

and feign says he's flying to meet more doctors tomorrow and will miss the nets game

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

FIFY.

:D

DD

15. leonking

leonking Rookie

So what? We will still kick out Artest for someone who can play with Tmac like VC or M Miller. Nothing gonna change for the plan.

Learn to pray and be pround of Tmac since he will play for Rockets for two more years.

16. dreammvp

could you imagine Yao or Battier for example partying in vegas if their knee was messed up?....i bet not...they would be working their A$$ off to get back on the court....

why do some of you hold TMAC to a different set of rules....he shouldn't get a pass just because he has that "i don't give a sh%^ personality....

17. The Word

The Word Member

Partying is just part of the rehab process. I hope he's using this time to lose some weight because he looked a little chubby in that ESPN ad.

18. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

1. You are right, what he does on his own time is his own business. A man can relax if it's his wish.

2. What is the latest on his knee? Last I heard/read was that his MRI showed that his knee has shown no improvement from when he had the surgery. This would contradict what the doctors told him about playing on it would make it stronger/better.

2a. If his knee is jacked, I don't want him trying to rehab it and possibly hurting it even worse than it might already be.

2b. If his knee is just injured and requires rehab, then yeah, he should be doing that. Again, this depends on what the deal really is with it, which as far as I know, we don't know one way or another at this point.

I know many people are frustrated with him, and rightfully so. However, I think this is not very news worthy. I mean if they found him at Chucky Cheese with his kids, would that be a big deal since he wasn't rehabbing? No right? I don't know. Maybe it's just because I like to go to Las Vegas too, haha.

19. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

Who is T-mac? Is he a Rockets? It would be shame if he is.

20. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

wayne hall always goes everywhere with tracy and i'm sure he puts in the workouts in the morning.

unless you know of clubs that get poppin' at 8-9AM in the morning :rolleyes:

they just reported he was there over the weekend and those parties are usually AT NIGHT. unless you have the expectations that tracy should rehab 24/7, then sure be disappointed.

i'm sure those guys who made it to the all-star team "appear" to have fun over the weekend, but for 45min-1hr in the morning, i'm sure they put in a workout. geez.